- Volume 27 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Systematic Review of Soyeom Pharmacopuncture Therapy for Pain
임상에서 흔히 접하는 통증에 대한 소염약침요법의 체계적 문헌고찰
- Kim, Myeong-Kyu ;
- Seo, Ha-Ra ;
- Ha, Hyun-Ju ;
- O, Tae-Yeong ;
- Jeon, Dong-Hwi ;
- Li, Yu-Chen ;
- Lee, Jae-eun ;
- Lee, Eun-Jung ;
- Oh, Min-Seok
- Received : 2017.06.19
- Accepted : 2017.07.17
- Published : 2017.07.31
Objectives To evaluate the evidence supporting the effectiveness of Soyeom pharmacopuncture therapy for Pain. Methods We conducted search across 6 electronic databases (Pubmed, CAJ, Oasis, RISS, DBPIA and KoreanTK) and 2 journals to find clinical trials that used Soyeom pharmacopuncture therapy as treatment for pain. The methodological quality of Randomized controlled clinical trials (RCTs) was assessed using the Cochrane Risk of Bias (RoB) tool, while NRCTs (Non-Randomized controlled clinical trials) were assessed using the Risk of Bias Assessment tool for Non-randomized Study (RoBANS) tool. Results Among 75 articles that were searched, 5 RCTs and 2 NRCTs were finally selected. Among 7 selected studies, all studies showed that Soyeom pharmacopuncture therapy has significant effect on Pain. Conclusions Our systematic review found encouraging but limited evidence of Soyeom pharmacopuncture therapy for Pain. We recommend clinical trials which compare the effectiveness of Soyeom pharmacopuncture therapy with other pharmacopuncture therapies to clarify the effectiveness of Soyeom pharmacopuncture therapy from other pharmacopuncture therapies.
Soyeom pharmacopuncture therapy;Pain;Systematic review;Randomized controlled clinical trial
- Park JE, Jung HJ, Kim AR, Jung SY, Hwang HS, Choi SM. Current State of Pain Treatment in Oriental Medicine. The Journal of Korean Oriental Medicine. 2011;32(2): 23-41.
- The Society of Korean Rehabilitation Medicine. Oriental rehabilitation medicine. 3rd edtion. Seoul:Koonja publishing. 2011;194.
- Hwang IC, Shim JY, Opioids use for chronic noncancer pain. The Journal of the Korean Medical Association. 2013;56(8):711-7. https://doi.org/10.5124/jkma.2013.56.8.711
- Park YH, Woo YC. Postoperative pain management. The Journal of the Korean Medical Association. 2015;58(11): 1011-8. https://doi.org/10.5124/jkma.2015.58.11.1011
- Bovim G, Schrader H, Sand T. Neck pain in the general population. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 1994;19(12):1307-9. https://doi.org/10.1097/00007632-199406000-00001
- Walker BF. The prevalence of low back pain: a systematic review of the literature from 1966 to 1998. Journal of Spinal Disorders & Techniques, 2000;13(3):205-17. https://doi.org/10.1097/00002517-200006000-00003
- Jeong HM, Lee JJ. Diagnostic Approach for Hand Arthralgia. The Korean Journal of Medicine. 2016;91(3): 264-6. https://doi.org/10.3904/kjm.2016.91.3.264
- Ko YK, Kim YH. The pharmacological management of neuropathic pain. The Journal of the Korean Medical Association. 2012;55(6):582-92. https://doi.org/10.5124/jkma.2012.55.6.582
- Yook TH. Clinical Observation about the Extent of Improvement of Low Back Pain Patient through Mediacupuncture Therapy. The Journal of Korean Medicine. 1995;16(1):184-97.
- Korean Pharmacopuncture Institute Science Committee. Pharmacopuncture. Seoul: Elsvier Korea. 2011;17,179.
- Kim SH, Jung DJ, Choi YM, Kim JU, Yook TH. Trend of Pharmacopuncture Therapy for Treating Cervical Disease in Korea. The Journal of Pharmacopuncture. 2014;17(4): 7-14.
- Kim SY, Park JE, Seo HJ, Lee YJ, Jang BH, Son HJ, Suh HS, Shin CM. NECA's guidance for undertaking systematic reviews and meta-analysis for intervention. National Evidence-based Healthcare Collaborating Agency. 2011.
- PRISMA (Preferred Reporting Items for Systematic reviews and Meta-analyses), PRISMA Checklist, PRISMA flow diagram. Available from: (Last search: 2017.06.15) URL:http://prisma-statement.org/PRISMAStatement/
- Harrison's Internal Medicine (15th Ed.). The Korean Journal of Internal Medicine. MIP. 2003;57-8.
- Millan MJ. The induction of pain: an integrative review. Progress in Neurobiology. 1999;57(1):1-164. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0301-0082(98)00048-3
- Higgins J, Green S. Analysing and presenting results. Cochrane handbook for systematic reviews of interventions. 4.2.6. UK:John Wiley & Sons Inc. 2008:79-165.
- Higgins JPT, Green S. Cochrane handbook for systematic reviews of interventions version 5.1.0. The Cochrane Collaboration, 2011. Available from: (Last search: 2017. 06.15) URL:http://handbook.cochrane.org/
- Kim SY, Park HE, Seo HJ, Lee YJ, Son HJ, Suh HS, Shin CM. NECA's guidance for undertaking systematic reviews and meta-analyses for intervention, Seoul:National evidence-based healthcare collaborating agency, 2011;47, 53,56,82-5,129.
- Health insurance review & assessment service, Department fo EBH, HIRA's guideline for undertaking systematic reviews, Seoul:Health insurance review & assessment service, 2013;4-6,44-9,74,99-101.
- Choi BC, Han KS, Ahn TW. Clinical comparison studies on 30 cases of Bell's palsy patient with postauricular pain by Anti-inflammatory pharmacopuncture & Acupuncture and Herbal therapy. Daejeon University Korean Medicine Rearch Institution. 2009;18(2):89-94.
- Shin HW, Kang JH, Lee H. Efficacy of Soyeom Pharmacopuncture on Postauricular Pain Accompanied with Peripheral Facial Paralysis. The Journal of Korean Acupuncture & Moxibustion Society. 2009;26(6):41-9.
- Song HG, Choi JY, Kang JH, Lee H. The Effect of the Acupuncture Therapy in Combination with Soyeom Pharmacopuncture Therapy on the Improvement of the Symptoms of the Patients with Herniated Intervertebral Disk of L-spine in His Initial Stage of Hospitalization. The Journal of Pharmacopuncture. 2009;12(4):111-8. https://doi.org/10.3831/KPI.2009.12.4.111
- Im JG, Lee JB, Lee HG, Yook TH, Kim JU. Effects of the Acupuncture Therapy in Combination with Soyeom Pharmacopuncture Therapy on Acute Whiplash Injury by Traffic Accident. The Journal of Korean Acupuncture & Moxibustion Society. 2011;28(4):9-18.
- Choi YJ, Kim JH, Yoon KJ, Yeo IH, Lee CK, Lee EY, Roh JD. Comparative Study of BUM Pharmacopuncture and Soyeom Pharmacopunture on Peripheral Facial Paralysis with Postauricular Pain. The Journal of Korean Acupuncture & Moxibustion Society. 2012;29(5):31-7.
- Yoo HS, Cho JH, Son CG, Choi CK. Effects of Herbal Acupuncture (Soyeom) on Cancer Patients Accompanied by Pain. The Journal of Pharmacopuncture. 2003;6(1): 16-7. https://doi.org/10.3831/KPI.2003.6.1.016
- Lim GM, Wi DY, Lee JH, Ko YS. The Effects of Soyeom and Jungsongouhyul Pharmacopuncture on Whiplash Injury by Traffic Accident. The Journal of Korean Medicine Rehabilitation. 2012;22(2):185-92.
- Melzack, R. The short-form Mcgill Pain Questionnaire. Pain. 1987;30(2):191-7. https://doi.org/10.1016/0304-3959(87)91074-8
- Lee BH, Son JH. A Critical Review on Pain Measurements in Normal Men and Pain Patients. Korean Journal of Psychology. 1996;15(1):163-88.
- Jeong SY, Park ZW, Shin JM, Kim JY, Youn IY. The Comparative Study of Effectiveness between Acupuncture and its Cotreatment with Calculus Bovis.Fel Ursi.Moschus Pharmacopuncture on the Treatment of Acute Low Back Pain. The Journal of Korean Acupuncture & Moxibustion Society. 2011;28(4):105-10.
- Lee KS, Lee GM, Yeom SC. Clinical Study on the case of Lumbar compression fracture with Traditional Korean Medicine, Especially the SAAM Acunpture, Carthami-Flos Herbal Acupuncture. Korean Journal of Oriental Physiology & Pathology. 2004;18(4):1228-31.
- Heo J, Lee EK, Kim JH, Kim YI. The Clinical Observation on 10 cases of patients with Hemifacial Spasm Treated by Soyeom Pharmacupuncture at G20 (Pungji). The Journal of Pharmacopuncture. 2010;13(2): 121-9.