- Volume 27 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Correlation Analysis between HIVD of L-spine MRI and Digital Infrared Thermal Image (DITI) on the Patients of LBP Who Visit Korean Medicine Hospital
한방병원에 요통, 하지방사통으로 내원한 환자 236명에서 MRI상 추간판 탈출증과 적외선 체열 검사(DITI)와의 연관성 분석
- Kim, Gil-Hwan ;
- Kwon, Ok-Jun ;
- Joo, Young-Kuk ;
- Song, Seung-Bae ;
- Kim, Doo-Ri ;
- Choi, Young-Jun ;
- Shin, Soo-Ji
- Received : 2017.06.20
- Accepted : 2017.07.03
- Published : 2017.07.31
Objectives This study is planned to classify correlation between HIVD of L-spine MRI and Digital Infrared Thermal Image (DITI). Methods We measured the temperature of both leg whose 120 men and 116 women patients with lumbar pain in Bucheon Jaseng Korean Medicine Hospital. And We use Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) for classifying the patients who has lumbar intervertebral disc or not. Results 1) There was no statistical relation between difference of both leg's temperature and gender (p>0.05). 2) There was meaningful statistical relation between difference of both leg's temperature and age (p<0.05). 3) There was meaningful statistical relation between direction of HIVD of L-spine and direction of temperature reduction. 4) There was meaningful statistical relation between the severity of HIVD of L5/S1 and degree of temperature reduction. But there was no statistical relation between the severity of HIVD of L3/4, L4/5 and degree of temperature reduction. Conclusions We can use Digital Infrared thermal image (DITI) on low back pain patients for diagnosis. But we should not use DITI alone. DITI has limit in diagnosis.
Digital Infrared Thermal Image;MRI;Low back pain;Herniated intervertebral disc
- Seok SI. Spinal Surgery. New Medical Publishing Company. 2004:225-7.
- Kim YS, Lee SS, Ahn KD, Lee BK. A study of claustrophobia of patients during MRI examination. Soonchunhyang J. of Ind. Med. 2001;7(1):13-24.
- Song YG. Change of body temperature in incomplete spinal cord injury by digital infrared thermographic imaging Objective: Study on the temperatu. The Graduate School, Chonbuk National University.
- Chen MN, Lee GM. The classification by Disc Herniation types for herniated intervertebral disc and the report of D.I.T.I. results. The Acupuncture. 2016;33(4):7-14. https://doi.org/10.13045/acupunct.2016050
- Jin JD, Han MG, Lee JH, Lee SW, Han SW. A clinical study on patients of low back pain by DITI. 2001; 18(4):22-31.
- Jang HJ, Hwang DS, Kim JH, Cho JH, Jang JB, Lee KS. Infrared thermographic inspection of the West in the Comparative Study of Korean traditional medicine. Journal of oriental medical thermology. 2010;8(1):1-6.
- Clinical Application of Infrared Thermography. The journal of Korea Institute of Oriental Medical Diagnostics. 2000;4:32-42.
- Kim EH, Park DS, Ahn BC. Literature reviews on the mechanism and the diagnostic value of the infrared ray body temperature photography. The Acupuncture. 1995; 12(1):188-203.
- Kim JS, Choi SH, Ahn KS. A study on the Normal Thermogram Types of the Anterior Truk of Male High School Students. K.O.M.S. 1994;15(1):37-43.
- Wexler LE. Cervical, Thoracic and Lumbar Thermography. A clinical evaluation. J Neurol Orthop Surg. 1981;2:183-5.
- Lee PR, Choi SH, Ahn KS, Moon JJ. A Study on the Normal Thermograms of the Posterior Trunk according to the Body Weights. K.O.M.S. 1994;15(16):150-61.
- Uematsu S. Thermographic imaging of thesensory dermatomes. Soc Neurosci. 1983;9:324.
- The National College of Korean Medicine Association Department of Physiology. Biofunctional Medicine. Seoul Koonja. 2008:166-79.
- Kim JS, Choi SH, Ahn KS. A Study on the Normal Thermogram Types of the Anterior Trunk of Male High School Students. The Journal of Korean Oriental Medical Society. 1994;15(1):37-43.
- Park SW. Significance of Infrared Thermal Imaging in Prognosis of Herniated Intervetebral Disc Patients. The Graduate School, Wonkwang University.
- Lee GM. Clinical Evaluation of Acupuncture on Herniated Intervertebral Disc by DITI. The Acupuncture. 1994; 11(1):275-82.
- Nam SN, Ahn JH. Analysis of Vascular Compliance Distinction by Sex and Age among Urban People. Journal of Korean Society of Living Environment System. 2004;11(4):223-40.
- Kim YS, Cho YE, Oh SH. Digital Infrared Thermographic Imaging(D.I.T.I) in Herniated Lumber Disc Patients. Journal of Korean Neurosurgical Society. 1990;19(10): 1303-13.
- Cohen MS, Wall EJ, Brown RB. Cauda equina anatomy. part II: Extrathecal nerve roots and dorsal root ganglia. Spine. 1990;15(12):1248-99. https://doi.org/10.1097/00007632-199012000-00003