- Volume 27 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Clinical Research of Korean Medicine and Western Medicine Collaboration Registry for Low Back Pain: A Pilot Study Protocol
요통에 대한 협진 레지스트리 임상연구: 예비 임상연구 프로토콜
- Kim, Byung-Jun (Department of Rehabilitation Medicine of Korean Medicine, Pusan National University Korean Medicine Hospital) ;
- Shin, Byung-Cheul (Department of Rehabilitation Medicine of Korean Medicine, Pusan National University Korean Medicine Hospital) ;
- Heo, In (Korean Medicine Clinical Research Center, Pusan National University Korean Medicine Hospital) ;
- Lim, Kyeong-Tae (Department of Rehabilitation Medicine of Korean Medicine, Pusan National University Korean Medicine Hospital) ;
- Park, In Hwa (Department of Rehabilitation Medicine of Korean Medicine, Pusan National University Korean Medicine Hospital) ;
- Hwang, Eui-Hyoung (Department of Rehabilitation Medicine of Korean Medicine, Pusan National University Korean Medicine Hospital)
- 김병준 (부산대학교 한방병원 한방재활의학과) ;
- 신병철 (부산대학교 한방병원 한방재활의학과) ;
- 허인 (부산대학교 한방병원 한의약임상연구센터) ;
- 임경태 (부산대학교 한방병원 한방재활의학과) ;
- 박인화 (부산대학교 한방병원 한방재활의학과) ;
- 황의형 (부산대학교 한방병원 한방재활의학과)
- Received : 2017.06.19
- Accepted : 2017.06.29
- Published : 2017.07.31
Objectives Collaboration medicine means cooperate with western medicine and traditional korean medicine to treat the one disease. In Korea, Interest in collaboration medicine is increasing, But the number of studies is scare. Therefore we will conduct collaboration medicine study for the low back pain. Methods This study composes prospective cohort registry study. If the patients who need collaboration medicine by doctor come, we will ask regist this study. And patient select collaboration treatment group and single treatment group. Total 120 patients will recruit from collaboration pilot project hospitals. Each group patient will observed 4 weeks. Telephone research will conducted after 1 month from the last follow up. During the treatment, patients are treated usual treatment type of each medicine. Primary outcome is NRS and secondary outcomes are EQ-5D and ODI. We will analyze difference of 1 week and 4 week outcome result. Conclusions This study is the first large sample size study effect of collaboration medicine in Korea for low back pain. We check present collaboration system and improve collaboration system. Aim of this study is to find the effectiveness collaboration medicine for low back pain in the real condition. And we expect this pilot study will provide the clinical collaboration information and basis.
Supported by : 보건복지부
- Korean Acupuncture & Moxibustion Society Text-book Compilation Committee. The acupuncture and moxibustion medicine. Seoul : Jipmoondang. 2012:506.
- Cho NH, Jung YO, Lim SH, Chung CK, Kim HA. The prevalence and risk factors of low back pain in rural community residents of Korea. Spine. 2012 Nov 15;37(24):201-10.
- Ministry of health and welfare. Investigation of herbal medicine use and herbal medicine consumption situation. 2014:129-34.
- Korea Health industry Development institute. A study on mid-long term development plan of Korean medicine R & D. 2006.
- Lee SY. Policy Directions to Promote Integrated Services of the Western and the Oriental Medicines. Health.Welfare Policy forum. 2004:66-703.
- Park JS, Shin BC, Kim CB, Jeong TY, Lee YW, Cho CK, Yoo HS. A policy Proposal for the Korean Collaboration of Eastern and Western Medicine according to a model of the Chinese Integrative Medicine. Daejeon University Oriental Institute. 2010 19(1):1-7.
- Ministry of health and welfare. Cooperative hospital management guide. 2010.
- Beghi E, Logroscino G, Chio A, Hardiman O, Mitchell D, Swingler R, Traynor BJ. The epidemiology of ALS and the role of population-based registries. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2006 Nov-Dec;1762(11-12):1150-7. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bbadis.2006.09.008
- Breivik H, Borchgrevink PC, Allen SM, Rosseland LA, Romundstad L, Hals EK. Assessment of pain. Br J Anaesth. 2008;101(1):17-24. https://doi.org/10.1093/bja/aen103
- Brodke Darrel S, Goz Vadim, Lawrence Brandon D, Spiker W, Ryan, Neese Ashley, Hung Man. Oswestry disability index: a psychometric analysis with 1610 patients. The Spine Journal. 1529-9430.
- James W, Shaw, Jeffrey A. Johnson, Stephen Joel Coons. US Valuation of the EQ-5D Health States: Development and Testing of the D1 Valuation Model. J Medical Care. 43(3):203-20.
- Hongyuan Cao, Jialiang Li, Jason P. Fine. On last observation carried forward and asynchronous longitudinal regression analysis. Electronic Journal of Statistics. 10(2016):1155-80. https://doi.org/10.1214/16-EJS1141
- Hwang SH. Factor on hospital selection and satisfaction among back pain patients in western and oriental medical hospital. Graduate School of Public Health, Korea University. 2008.
- Cheshire A, Polley M, Peters D, Ridge D. Patient outcomes and experiences of an acupuncture and self-care service for persistent low back pain in the NHS: a mixed methods approach. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2013 Nov 1;13:300. https://doi.org/10.1186/1472-6882-13-300
- Stromqvist F, Stromqvist B, Jonsson B, Gerdhem P, Karlsson MK. Predictive outcome factors in the young patient treated with lumbar disc herniation surgery. J Neurosurg Spine. 2016 Oct;25(4):448-55. https://doi.org/10.3171/2016.2.SPINE16136
- Seo BM, Yun JS, Kim SU, Lee SY, Lee GM, Bae EJ, Seo JC, Im SC, Jeong TY, Han SW. Comparison of Treatment Effect between Oriental Medicine Theraphy and Oriental and Western Medicine Combination Theraphy on Low Back Pain Patients. J of Korean acupucture & Moxibustion society. 2013 12;20(6):140-7.
- Kim NK, Yang BM, Lee TG, Kwon SM. An economic analysis of medical usual care and Korean medical acupuncture collaborative treatment on chronic low back pain. BMC. 2010(10):74.
- Yi JI, Na YJ, Kim BH, Ryu EK. Comparison of Efficacy between Medial Branch Block and Collaborative Treatment with Acupuncture on Acute Low Back Pain. Journal of Oriental Rehabilitation Medicine. 2013 23;2:151-61.
- Kim YS. Satisfaction analysis of oriental-western medical integrative rehabilitation. Kyung Hee University Public School. 2016.
- Gil CD. Decision factor analysis and patient satisfaction for the choice of Western.Korean Herb Medical treatment. Graduate School of Medical Management, Keimyung University. 2005.