- Volume 18 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Nonlinear Nutation Control of Spacecraft Using Two Momentum Wheels
- Seo, In Ho (Space Research Team, Agency for Defense Development) ;
- Kim, Jong Myeong (Dept. of Aerospace Engineering, Chosun University) ;
- Leeghim, Henzeh (Dept. of Aerospace Engineering, Chosun University)
- Received : 2015.11.03
- Accepted : 2017.02.28
- Published : 2017.03.30
In this work, the nutation control of rigid spacecraft with only two momentum wheels is addressed by applying the feedback linearization technique. In this strategy, the primary performance index is to regulate the nutational angle by the momentum control of wheels. The spacecraft attitude equations of motion are transformed to a general linearized form by feedback linearization technique, including a guaranteed control law promising the internal dynamics stability to accomplish the nutation angle small. It is proven that the configuration of inertia properties plays a key role in analyzing spacecraft energy level. The behavior of the momentum wheels is also studied analytically and numerically. Finally, the effectiveness of the proposed nonlinear control law for the momentum transfer is verified by conducting numerical simulations.
Supported by : Chosun University
- Vadali, S. R., "Variable Structure Control of Spacecraft Large-Angle Maneuvers", Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, Vol. 9, No. 2, 1986, pp. 235-239. https://doi.org/10.2514/3.20095
- Vadali, S. R. and Junkins, J. L., "Optimal Open-Loop and Stable Feedback Control of Rigid Spacecraft Attitude Maneuvers", Journal of the Astronautical Sciences, Vol. 32, No. 2, 1984, pp. 105-122.
- Wen, J. T. and Kreutz-Delgado, K., "The Attitude Control Problem", IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, Vol. 36, No. 10, 1991, pp. 1148-1161. https://doi.org/10.1109/9.90228
- Wie, B. and Barba, P. M., "Quaternion Feedback for Spacecraft Large Angle Maneuvers", Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, Vol. 8, No. 3, 1985, pp. 360-365. https://doi.org/10.2514/3.19988
- Dwyer, T. W. A., "Exact Nonlinear Control of Large Angle Rotational Maneuvers", IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, Vol. 29, No. 9, 1984, pp. 769-774. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAC.1984.1103665
- Dwyer, T. W. A., "Exact Nonlinear Control of Spacecraft Slewing Maneuvers with Internal Momentum Transfers", Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, Vol. 9, No. 2, 1986, pp. 240-247. https://doi.org/10.2514/3.20096
- Crouch, P. E., "Spacecraft Attitude Control and Stabilization : Applications of Geomeric Control Theory to Rigid Body Models", IEEE Transaction On Automatic Control, Vol. 29, No. 4, 1984, pp. 321-331. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAC.1984.1103519
- Krishnan, H., Reyhanoglu, M. and Mcclamroch, H., "Attitude Stabilization of A Rigid Spacecraft Using Two Control Torques : A Nonlinear Control Approach Based on The Spacecraft Attitude Dynamics", Automatica, Vol. 30, No. 6, 1994, pp. 1023-1027. https://doi.org/10.1016/0005-1098(94)90196-1
- Krishnan, H., Mcclamroch, H. and Reyhanoglu, M., "Attitude Stabilization of a Rigid Spacecraft Using Two Momentum Wheel Actuators", Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, Vol. 18, No. 2, 1995, pp. 256-263. https://doi.org/10.2514/3.21378
- Tsiotras, P. and Longuski, J. M., "Spin-axis Stabilization of Symmetric Spacecraft with Two Control Torques", Systems and Control Letters, Vol. 23, No. 6, 1994, pp. 395-402. https://doi.org/10.1016/0167-6911(94)90093-0
- Kim, D. H., Turner, J. D. and Leeghim, H., "Reorientation of Asymmetric Rigid Body Using Two Controls", Mathematical Problems in Engineering, Vol. 2013, Article ID 708935, 2013, pp. 1-8.
- Kim, D. H. and Turner, J. D., "Suboptimal Asymmetric Spacecraft Maneuvers Using Two Controls", Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, Vol. 36, No. 6, 2013, pp. 1855-1860. https://doi.org/10.2514/1.59903
- Seo, I. H., Leeghim, H. and Bang, H., "Nonlinear Momentum Transfer Control of a Gyrostat with a Discrete Damper Using Neural Networks", Acta Astronautica, Vol. 62. No. 6, 2008, pp. 357-373. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.actaastro.2008.01.014
- Bang, H., Kim, S. and Hwangbo, H., "Feedback Control Law Design for the Dual-Spin Turn of Spacecraft", Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, Vol. 20, No. 3, 1997, pp. 450-456. https://doi.org/10.2514/2.4096
- Seo, I. H., Leeghim, H., Lee, D. and Bang, H., "Momentum Transfer Control of a Spacecraft with Two Wheels by Feedback Linearization", Control, Automation and Systems, 2008. ICCAS 2008. International Conference on. IEEE, 2008, pp. 175-180.