- Volume 52 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Properties of Poly(benzoxazole) Copolymer Films Containing Quinoxalinedioxy/Pyridinedioxy Unit
- Park, A Ram (Dept. of Biochemical & Polymer Engineering, Chosun University) ;
- Lee, Eung Jae (Dept. of Bioenvironmental & Chemical Engineering, Chosun College of Science & Technology) ;
- Choi, Jae Kon (Dept. of Biochemical & Polymer Engineering, Chosun University)
- Received : 2017.05.30
- Accepted : 2017.06.14
- Published : 2017.06.30
Herein we studied the characterization of the PBO films formed via solution casting and thermal cyclization of poly(o-hyroxyamide)s(PHAs) that were synthesized by direct polycondensation of 3,3'-dihydroxybenzidine with 4,4'-(2,3-quinoxalinedioxy) dibenzoic acid and/or 4,4'-(2,3-pyridinedioxy) dibenzoic acid. All the PHAs exhibited inherent viscosities in the range of 0.55~0.84 dL/g in DMAc solution. The copolymers, CPH-2-5, were partially soluble in less polar solvents like pyridine and THF. However, all the PBOs were not soluble in polar solvents, but only partially soluble in sulfuric acid. The temperatures corresponding to 10% weight loss of the PBOs with increasing content of quinoxalinedioxy unit were higher than those of the PHAs, and the char yields at
Supported by : 조선대학교
- G. S. Liou and S. H. Hsiao, "Preparation and Characterization of Aromatic Polybenzoxazoles Bearing Ether and 1,4-naphthalene or 2,6-naphthalene Units in the Main Chain", Macromol. Chem. Phys., 201, 42 (2000). https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1521-3935(20000101)201:1<42::AID-MACP42>3.0.CO;2-H
- S. H. Hsiano and J. H. Chiou, "Aromtic Polybenzoxazoles containing Ethersulfone linkages", J. Polym. Sci. Part A, Polym. Chem., 39, 2262 (2001). https://doi.org/10.1002/pola.1203
- T. Fukumaru, Y. Saegusa, T. Fujigaya, and N. Nakashima, "Fabrication of Poly(p-phenylenebenzoxazole) Film Using a Soluble Poly(o-alkoxyphenylamine) as the Precursor", Macromol., 47, 2088 (2014). https://doi.org/10.1021/ma4024526
- H. W. Jang, S. B. Lee, and J. K. Choi, "Synthesis and Thermal Properties of Poly(benzoxazole)s Based on Pendants", Elast. Compos., 50, 138 (2015). https://doi.org/10.7473/EC.2015.50.2.138
- G. W. Ehrenstein, "Polymeric Materials", p. 4, Hanser, Cincinnati, 2001.
- S. H. Hsiao, G. S. Liou, Y. C. Kung, and Y. J. Lee, "Synthesis and Characterization of Electrochromic Poly(amide-imide)s Based on the Diimide-diacid from 4,4'-diamino-4''-methoxytriphenylamine and Trimellitic anhydride", Eur. Polym. J., 46, 1355 (2010). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eurpolymj.2010.03.016
- N. V. Sadavarate, C. V. Avadhani, P. V. Naik, and P. P. Wadgaonkar, "Regularly Alternating Poly(amideimide)s Containing Pendent Pentadecyl Chains: Synthesis and Characterization", Eur. Polym. J., 46, 1307 (2010). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eurpolymj.2010.03.007
- G. Maglio, R. Palumbo, and M. Tortora, "Aromatic Poly(benzoxazole) s from Multiring Diacides Containing (Phenylenedioxy) diphenylene or (Naphthalenedioxy)diphenylene Groups: Synthesis and Thermal Properties", J. Polym. Sci. Part A: Polym. Chem., 38, 1172 (2000). https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1099-0518(20000401)38:7<1172::AID-POLA16>3.0.CO;2-8
- J. L. Hedrick, J. G. Hilborn, T. D. Palmer, J. W. Labadie, and W. Volksen, "Imide-aryl Ether Benzoxazole Block Copolymers", J. Polym. Sci. Part A, Polym. Chem., 28, 2255 (1990). https://doi.org/10.1002/pola.1990.080280903
- J. G. Hilborn, J. W. Labadie, and J. L. Hedrick, "Poly(aryl ether-benzoxazoles)", Macromol., 23, 28554 (1999).
- Q. Fu, Q. Zhuang, X. Liu, and Z. Han, "Enhanced solubility of novel poly(benzoxazole)s with a soft linkage and a rigid pendant group", Society of Chemical Industry, Polym Int., 62, 721 (2013).
- M. Hasegawa and A. Tominaga, "Fluorene-contaning poly-(ester imide)s and their Application to Positive-Type Photosensitive Heat-Rssistant Materials", Macromol. Mater. Eng., 296, 1002 (2011). https://doi.org/10.1002/mame.201100004
- J. H. Chang, M. J. Chen, and R. J. Farris, "Effect of Heat Treament on the Thermal and Mechanical Properties of a Precursor: Polyhydroxy Amide", Polymer, 39, 5649 (1998). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0032-3861(97)10364-0
- S. B. Lee, E. J. Lee, and J. K. Chol, "Preparation and Properties of Polybenzoxazole Copolymers Bearing Pendants and Imide Ring in the Main Chain", Elast. Compos., 51, 195 (2016). https://doi.org/10.7473/EC.2016.51.3.195
- Y. Maruyama, Y. Oishi, M. Kakimoto, and Y. Imai, "Synthesis and Properties of Fluorine-Containing Aromatic Poly(benzoxazole) s from Bis(o-aminophenols) and Aromatic Diacid Chlorides by the Silylation Method", Macromolecules, 21, 2305 (1998).
- J. Y Sohn, S. C. Moon, D. S. Yoon, and J. K. Choi, "Preparation and Properties of Aromatic Polybenzoxazoles with high char yields", Elast. Compos., 42, 2388 (2007).
- H. W. Jo, "Synthesis and Properties of New Poly(hydroxyamide) s Having Bulky Groups", MSc Thesis, Chosun University, Korea (2010).
- D. S. Yoon, J. K. Choi, and B. W. Jo, "Synthesis and Characterization of PBO Precursors Containing Dimethylphenoxy and/or MPEG Pendant Groups", Polymer(Korea), 29, 493 (2005).
- J. S. Sohn, A. R. Park, and J. K. Choi, "Synthesis and Characterization of Fluorinated Polybenzoxazole Copolymers", Elast. Compos., 50, 175 (2015). https://doi.org/10.7473/EC.2015.50.3.175
- S. H. Hsiao and C. F. Chang, "Synthesis and Properties of Aromatic Polyamides Based on 4,4'-[1,4(1,3 or 1,2)-phenylenedioxy] dibenzoic acid", Macromol. Chem. Phys., 197, 1255 (1996). https://doi.org/10.1002/macp.1996.021970407
- D. Y. Wee, J. W. Han, and J. K. Choi, "Preparation and Characteristics of the Blends of Polyimides and Polybenzoxazole Having Imide Ring", Polymer(korea), 37, 420 (2013).
- S. Wang, Y. Hu, Z. Li, Z. Whang, Y. Zhuang, Z.Chen, and W. Fan, "Flammability and Phase-transition Studies of Nylon 6/Montmorillonites", Collid Polym. Sci., 281, 951 (2003). https://doi.org/10.1007/s00396-002-0858-x
- www. textopia.or.kr: 이승용,"수퍼섬유와 그 용도 전개", http://textopia.or.kr/new/02_technology/technology_02.do?bbs=texbasetech&no=000000000056&curpage=13&pageNum=&subNum=&bMode=VIEW (2008).
- A. R. Park for MSc degree, Chosun University, Gwangju, Korea (2017).