- Volume 17 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Attention Behavior to Mobile Content: Focusing on Exposure and Involvement of Pikicast Content
모바일 콘텐츠에 대한 주목 행동: 피키캐스트 콘텐츠의 노출과 관여 행동을 중심으로
- Received : 2017.04.17
- Accepted : 2017.06.13
- Published : 2017.07.28
In this study, we divided attention to mobile contents into two dimensions (i.e., exposure and involvement), and explored the characteristics of and the relationship between the attention behaviors, using contents data from Pikicast. First, this study investigated the relationship between exposure and involvement in order to examine whether double-jeopardy effects appear in mobile contents as well. In addition, we examined how different attention behaviors differ according to platform and subject attributes(i.e., soft and hard). As a result, we found that there was a positive correlation between exposure and involvement in mobile platforms. Also, we found that the attention behaviors, especially sharing behaviors, were different in each platform. In terms of subject attributes, the attention indices such as the number of comments and sharing, which were immediate responses, were related to the soft content, whereas the attention indices such as the consumption time and the complete-read rate were related to the hard content requiring cognitive effort.This study is meaningful to understand the essence of the attention behavior in the mobile environment from a content - oriented perspective rather than the most existing research with a user - centered perspective.
Supported by : 서울대학교 언론정보연구소
- 김원제, 콘텐츠 실크로드 미디어 오디세이, 한국학술정보, 2009.
- J. G. Webster, The marketplace of attention: How audiences take shape in a digital age, Mit Press, 2014.
- 김은미, 이준웅, 심미선, "텔레비전 프로그램의 시청률과 품질의 상관관계에 대한 연구," 한국언론학보, 제48권, 제4호, pp.323-350, 2004.
- B. E. Barnes, Electronic media audience behavior in the multichannel environment: Patterns of demographic homogeneity and time spent viewing, Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL, 1990.
- 임정수, "인터넷 이용자의 웹사이트 이용패턴," 한국방송학보, 제16권, 제4호, pp.310-336, 2002.
- 한국콘텐츠진흥원, 경쟁하는 수용자들, 그리고 새로운 측정방법들, 2015.
- 최양수, 장성아, "케이블 텔레비전 시청자의 채널 레퍼토리 (repertoire) 분석," 한국방송학보, 통권 제10호, pp.323-353, 1998.
- G. Goodhardt, A. Ehrenberg, and M. Collins, The television audience: Patterns of viewing(2nd ed.), Westmead, UK:Gower, 1987.
- Litt, E., "Knock, knock. Who's there? The imagined audience," Journal of Broadcasting & Electronic Media, Vol.56, No.3, pp.330-345, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1080/08838151.2012.705195
- 우교혜, 박윤서, 김용식, "구전정보 채널유형이 소비자 제품태도에 미치는 영향," 한국콘텐츠학회지, 제16권, 제12호, pp.707-723, 2016.
- D. A. Norman, "Affordance, conventions, and design. Interactions," Vol.6, No.3, pp.38-43, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1145/301153.301168
- 김근형, 김시연, 이봉규, "모바일콘텐츠 서비스의 성공전략에 관한 실증연구," 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제6권, 제10호, pp.89-98, 2006.
- T. Barwise, A. Ehrenberg, and G. Goodhardt, "Glued to the box?: Patterns of TV repeat viewing," Journal of Communication, Vol.32, No.4, pp.22-29, 1982. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1460-2466.1982.tb02515.x
- E. Thorson, "Changing patterns of news consumption and participation: News recommendation engines," Information, Communication & Society, Vol.11, No.4, pp.473-489, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1080/13691180801999027
- R. Pieters and M. Wedel, "Attention capture and transfer in advertising: Brand, pictorial, and text-size effects," Journal of Marketing, Vol.68, No.2, pp.36-50, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1509/jmkg.188.8.131.52794
- 김관규, "다미디어 환경에서의 뉴스 전파에 관한 연구," 언론과학연구, 제10권, 제3호, pp.125-156, 2010.
- J. Berger and K. Milkman, "Social transmission, emotion, and the virality of online content," Wharton research paper, 106, 2010.
- T. Barwise, A. Ehrenberg, and G. Goodhardt, "Audience appreciation and audience size," Journal of Marketing Research Society, Vol.21, pp.269-289, 1979.
- 트렌드 워칭, SNS 공유가 잘되는콘텐츠의 5가지 특징, http://trendw.kr/marketing/16-010501.t1m#, 2016.01.05.
- 김은미, "다채널 시대 텔레비전 시청자의 채널 이용," 한국방송학보, 통권 제11호, pp.41-75, 1998.
- P. Barwise and A. Ehrenberg, Television and its audience, Sage, Vol.3, 1988.
- J. W. Treem and P. M. Leonardi, "Social media use in organizations: Exploring the affordances of visibility, editability, persistence, and association," Annals of the International Communication Association, Vol.36, No.1, pp.143-189, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1080/23808985.2013.11679130