- Volume 17 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
A Life Cycle-Based Performance-Centric Business Process Management Framework For Continuous Process Improvement
지속적 프로세스 개선을 위한 성과 중심의 생애 주기 기반 비즈니스 프로세스 관리 프레임워크
- 한관희 (경상대학교 산업시스템공학부/공학연구원)
- Received : 2017.05.08
- Accepted : 2017.05.23
- Published : 2017.07.28
Many enterprises have recently been pursuing process innovation or improvement to attain their performance goal. To comprehensively support business process execution, the concept of business process management (BPM) has been widely adopted. A life cycle of BPM is composed of process diagnosis, (re)design, and enactment. For aligning with enterprise strategies, all BPM activities must be closely related to performance metrics because the metrics are the drivers and evaluators of business process operations. The objective of this paper is to propose a life cycle-based BPM framework integrated with the process-based performance measurement model, in which business processes are systematically interrelated with key performance indicators (KPIs) during an entire BPM life cycle. By using the proposed BPM framework, company practitioners involved in process innovation projects can easily and efficiently find the most influencing processes upon enterprise performance in the process diagnosis phase, evaluate the performance of newly designed process in the process (re)design phase, monitor the KPIs of new business process, and adjust business process activities in the process execution phase through the BPM life cycle.
Business Process Management;Business Process Simulation;Process Improvement;Process Mining;Business Performance Management
- 한관희, 최상현, 비즈니스 프로세스 관리, 한경사, 2013.
- K. Kasemsap, "Chapter 10. Mastering Business Process Management and Business Intelligence in Global Business, Organizational Productivity and Performance Measurements Using Predictive Modeling and Analytics," IGI Global, 2017.
- W. M. P. van der Aalst, "Business Process Management: A Comprehensive Survey," ISRN Software Engineering, pp.1-37, 2013. doi:10.1155/2013/507984. https://doi.org/10.1155/2013/507984
- M. Dumas, M. La Rosa, J. Mendling, and H. Reijers, Fundamentals of Business Process Management, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 2013.
- K. H. Han and J. G. Kang, "A Process-Based Performance Measurement Framework for Continuous Process Improvement," International Journal of Industrial Engineering - Theory, Application and Practice, Vol.14, No.3, pp.220-228, 2007.
- 한관희, 강진구, "실시간 기업을 위한 비즈니스 활동 모니터링 시스템의 설계 및 구현," Entrue Journal of Information Technology, Vol.7, No.2, pp.115-123, Jul. 2008.
- K. H. Han, J. G. Kang, and M. Song, "Two-Stage Process Analysis Using the Process-Based Performance Measurement Framework and Business Process Simulation," Expert Systems with Applications, Vol.36, No.3-2, pp.7080-7086, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eswa.2008.08.035
- K. H. Han, S. H. Choi, J. G. Kang, and G. Lee, "Business Activity Monitoring System Design Framework Integrated with Process-based Performance Measurement Model," WSEAS Transactions on Information Science and Applications, Vol.7, No.3, pp.443-452, 2010.
- 한관희, 이준우, "복합 이벤트 처리 시스템 개발을 위한 ECA 규칙 기반 이벤트 중심 아키텍처 설계," Entrue Journal of Information Technology, Vol.11, No.3, pp.88-99, 2012.
- 아체 사례이도렛하니, 한관희, "효율적인 비즈니스 프로세스 진단 및 설계를 위한 프로세스 마이닝과 시뮬레이션 통합 프레임워크," 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제17권, 제5호, pp.221-233, 2017.
- T. Munehira and M. Mori, "The New Business Model Designing Method to Implement the Strategy in the To-Be Business Model," Proceeding of the 11th Annual International Conference on Industrial Engineering Theory, Applications and Practice, Nagoya Japan, pp.732-737, 2006.
- T. R. Ariyachandraa and M. N. Frolick, "Critical Success Factors in Business Performance Management-Striving for Success," Information Systems Management, Vol.25, No.2, pp.113-150, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1080/10580530801941504
- 김상국, 신성호, "BPM을 기반으로 한 ISO 9001 품질 경영 시스템 구축," 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제6권, 제4호, pp.38-45, 2006.
- W. M. P. van der Aalst et al., "Business Process Mining: An Industrial Application," Information Systems, Vol.32, No.5, pp.713-732, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.is.2006.05.003
- N. Garg and S. Agarwal, "Process Mining for Clinical Workflows," Proceedings of the International Conference on Advances in Information Communication Technology & Computing, Bikaner, India, 2016.
- 최상현, 한관희, 임건훈, "프로세스 마이닝 기법을 활용한 고장 프로세스 분석," 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제13권, 제4호, pp.399-406, 2013.
- M. Laguna and J. Marklund, Business Process Modeling, Simulation and Design, CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL, USA, 2013.
- W. M. P. Van der Aalst, Business Process Simulation Survival Guide, Handbook on Business Process Management, Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg, Vol.1, pp.337-370, 2015.
- J. April, M. Better, F. Glover, J. P. Kelly, and M. Laguna, "Enhancing Business Process Management with Simulation Optimization," BP Trends, pp.1-11, 2005.
- A. Safari, "An Effective Practical Approach for Business Process Modeling and Simulation in Service Industries," Knowledge and Process Management, Vol.23, No.1, pp.31-45, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1002/kpm.1496
- T. Broda and K. Clugage, "Improving Business Operations With Real-Time Information: How to Successfully Implement a BAM Solution," Business Integration Journal, Jul/Aug. 2006.
- W. Jiang, T. Au, and K. L. Tsui, "A statistical process control approach to business activity monitoring," IIE Transactions, Vol.39, No.3, pp.235-249, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1080/07408170600743912
- Institute of Management Accountants, Tools and Techniques for Implementing Integrated Performance Management Systems, IMA Publication Number 98332, 1998.
- M. Song and W. M. P. van der Aalst, "Towards comprehensive support for organizational mining," Decision support systems, Vol.46, No.1, pp.300-317, 2008 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dss.2008.07.002
- W. M. P. Van der Aalst, M. H. Schonenberg, and M. Song, "Time Prediction Based on Process Mining," Information Systems, Vol.36, No.2, pp.450-475, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.is.2010.09.001
- W. M. P. van der Aalst, Process Mining, Springer, 2016.
- Imagine that Inc., ExtendSim User's Guide. Imagine That Inc., San Jose, CA, USA, 2017.