- Volume 17 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Effect of Gd-EOB-DTPA on Hepatic Fat Quantification using Two-point Dixon Technique
Two-point Dixon기법을 이용한 간의 지방정량화에 Gd-EOB-DTPA가 미치는 영향
- Received : 2017.04.04
- Accepted : 2017.05.04
- Published : 2017.07.28
The purpose of present study was to assess whether Gd-EOB-DTPA with gadolinium-based contrast agent administration affects fat quantification using the two-point Dixon technique. Between April 2016 and September, 60 patients who underwent hepatic fat quantification using the two-point Dixon technique were divided into two group (normal liver donors=30, abnormal hepatic steatosis=30) and we compared the variability of mean fat fraction before and after administration Gd-EOB-DTPA. As a results, in both group, fat fraction after injection Gd-EOB-DTPA was significantly decreased (normal liver donors -33.8%, hepatic steatosis -47.2%) compared to before injection Gd-EOB-DTPA, suggesting that Gd-EOB-DTPA affects fat quatification using two-point Dixon technique. In conclusion, hepatic fat quantification using the two-point Dixon technique could maintain diagnostic value by acquiring images before administration Gd-EOB-DTPA.
Fat Quantification;Two-point Dixon;Hepatic Steatosis
Supported by : 원광보건대학교
- H. Yu, C. A. McKenzie, and A. Shimakawa, "Multiecho reconstruction for simultaneous water-fat decomposition and T2* estimation," J Magn Reson Imaging, Vol.26, No.4, pp.1153-1161, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1002/jmri.21090
- C. A. Matteoni, Z. M. Younossi, T. Gramlich, N. Boparai, Y. C. Liu, and A. J. McCullough, "Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease:a spectrum of clinical and pathological severity," Gastroenterology, Vol.116, No.6, pp.1413-1419, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0016-5085(99)70506-8
- V. Ratziu, F. Charlotte, and A. Heurtier, "Sampling variability of liver biopsy in nonalcoholic fatty liver disease," Gastroenterology, Vol.128, No.7, pp.1898-1906, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1053/j.gastro.2005.03.084
- G. Mingmei, Z. Jing, W. Bing, L. Zhiqin, S. Hai, and M. Xiangfeng, "Effect of gadolinium on hepatic fat quantification using multi-echo reconstruction technique with T2* correction and estimation," Eur Radio, Vol.26, No.6, pp.1913-1920, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00330-015-3981-z
- T. Yokoo, M. Shiehmorteza, and G. Hamilton, "Estimation of hepatic proton-density fat fraction by using MR imaging at 3.0T," Radiology, Vol.258, No.3, pp.749-759, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1148/radiol.10100659
- W. T. Dixon, "Simple proton spectroscopic imaging," Radiology, Vol.159, No.1, pp.189-194, 1984.
- J. Ma, "Dixon techniques for water and fat imaging," J Magn Reson Imaging, Vol.28, No.3, pp.543-558, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1002/jmri.21492
- L. Filli, E. J. Ulbrich, R. Guggenberger, A. Boss, M. A. Fischer, F. G. Del, B. Maurer, and G. Andreisek, "Effect of Gd-DOTA on fat quantification in skeletal muscle using two-point Dixon technique - preliminary data," Eur J Radiol, Vol.85, No.1, pp.131-135, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejrad.2015.11.007
- G. H. Glover and E. Schneider, "Three-point Dixon technique for true water/fat decomposition with B0 inhomogeneity correction," Magn Reson Med, Vol.18, No.2, pp.371-383, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1002/mrm.1910180211
- T. Yokoo, J. M. Collins, R. F. Hanna, M. Bydder, M. S. Middleton, and C. B. Sirlin, "Effects of intravenous gadolinium administration and flip angle on the assessment of liver fat signal fraction with opposed-phase and in-phase imaging," J Magn Reson Imaging, Vol.28, No.1, pp.246-251, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1002/jmri.21375
- J. Schelhorn, J. Best, A. Dechene, T. Gobel, S. Bertram, T. Lauenstein, and S. Kinner, "Evaluation of combined Gd-EOB-DTPA and gadobutrol magnetic resonance imaging for the prediction of hepatocellular carcinoma grading," Acta Radiol, Vol.57, No.8, pp.932-938, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1177/0284185115616293
- K. W. Choi1 and S. Y. Son, "An effectiveness of multitransmit parallel technique on scan time reduction in hip joint MRI," J. of Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol.17, No.3, pp.103-108, 2016.
- M. Dewey, T. Schink, and C. F. Dewey, "Claustrophobia during magnetic resonance imaging: cohort study in over 55,000 patients," J Magn Reson Imaging, Vol.26, No.5, pp.1322-1327, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1002/jmri.21147
- A, Pirasteh, H. R. Clark, E. A. Sorra 2nd, I. Pedrosa, and T. Yokoo, "Effect of steatosis on liver signal and enhancement on multiphasic contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging," Abdom Radiol (NY), Vol.41, No.9, pp.1744-1750, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00261-016-0736-5
- M. R. Bashir, E. M. Merkle, A. D. Smith, and D. T. Boll, "Hepatic MR imaging for in vivo differentiation of steatosis, iron deposition and combined storage disorder: single-ratio in/opposed phase analysis vs. dual-ratio Dixon discrimination," Eur J Radiol, Vol.81, No.2, pp.e101-e109, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejrad.2011.01.067
- G. Hamilton, M. S. Middleton, G. M. Cunha, and C. B. Sirlin, "Effect of gadolinium-based contras agent on the relaxation properties of water and fat in human liver as measured in vivo by 1H MRS. Book of abstracts: 21th annual meeting of the International Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine," pp.15-16, 2013.
- Y. S. Park, C. H. Lee, J. H. Kim, B. H. Kim, J. H. Kim, K. A. Kim, and C. M. Park, "Effect of Gd-EOB-DTPA on hepatic fat quantification using high-speed T2-corrected multi-echo acquisition in (1)H MR spectroscopy," Magn Reson Imaging, Vol.32, No.7, pp.886-890, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mri.2014.04.010
- M. S. Carrasco, B. C. Calles, J. Marcin, A. C. Fernandez, and M. J. Lafuente, "Gadolinium-based contrast agents for magnetic resonance imaging," Radiologia, Vol.56, No.1, pp.21-28, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rx.2014.06.005
- M. H. Fishbein, K. G. Gardner, C. J. Potter, P. Schmalbrock, and M. A. Smith, "Introduction of fast MR imaging in the assessment of hepatic steatosis," Magn Reson Imaging, Vol.15, No.3, pp.287-293, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0730-725X(96)00224-X