- Volume 17 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Study on Sanitary Management of Deceased Bodies through Categorical Analysis of Cause of Death
사망 원인별 유형 분석을 통한 사망자의 위생 관리에 대한 연구
- 최정목 (대전보건대학교 장례지도과)
- Received : 2017.06.07
- Accepted : 2017.07.18
- Published : 2017.07.28
The aim of this study was to examine fluid excretions and changes in deceased bodies depending on type, location of, and causes of death for hygienic management of funeral homes. Based on the 858 cadavers studied, the average age at the time of death is 68.6 years, 83.0% had illness as the cause of death, and 79.5% passed away in a medical facility. Fluid excretion was observed in 46.2% of the cadavers. In manner of death, 78.8% of deaths -highest percentage- was due to an accident and 10.8% of deaths - lowest percentage- was due to age. Fluid excretion was observed in 46.3% of cadavers from medical facilities, 38.6% of cadavers from homes and 77.4% of cadavers from miscellaneous locations. There were various number of cadavers with recorded immediate, secondary and underlying cause of death; however, the fluid excretion rate was similar. In analyzing the immediate, secondary and underlying cause of death, respiratory and heart disease were the most common causes of death in categories of body organ and system. In terms of fluid excretion, liver disease followed by digestive and circulatory diseases were most common in immediate cause of death. Accidents and miscellaneous circumstances were most common amongst secondary and underlying causes of death for cadavers with fluid excretion. Based on the recorded illnesses of the cadavers, cardiopulmonary failure was most common as evident in 96 cadavers followed by pneumonia and sepsis. Cholangiocarcinoma (73.3%) had the highest rate of fluid excretion followed by pancreatic cancer, severe brain injury and liver cancer amongst categories of illnesses with more than 15 cadavers.
Supported by : 대전보건대학교
- 통계청, 2015년 출생 사망통계자료, 2016.
- 보건복지부, "보도자료," 2016.
- 강대영, 강현욱, 곽정식, 김장한, 박의우, 박종태, 박희졍, 이상용, 법의학, 정문각, pp.35-37, 2009.
- Robert G. Mayer, "Embalming history, Theory and Practice," McGraw-Hill, pp.51-85, 2000.
- 정영철, "우리나라 장사문화 현황," 보건복지Issue&Focus, 제198호, 2013.
- 최정목, 장례서비스 실무, 대학서림, pp.20-21, 2012.
- 최정목, 남승현, "장례지도사의 감염관리에 대한 인지도와 수행에 관한 연구," 한국보건기초의학회지, 제8호, pp.26-32, 2015.
- S. K. Fridkin, J. C. Hageman, M. Morrison, L. T. Sanza, K. Como-Sabetti, and J. A. Jernigan, "Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus disease in three comunities," N Engl J Med, Vol.352, pp.1436-1444, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa043252
- M. Lauzardo, P. Lee, H. Duncan, and Y. Hale, "Transmission of Mycobacterium tuberculosis to a Funeral Director During Routine Embalming," CHEST, Vol.119 pp.640-642, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1378/chest.119.2.640
- S. S. Davidson and W. H. Benjamin, "Risk of infection and tracking of work-related infectious disease in the funeral industry," Am J Infect Control, Vol.34, pp.655-660, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ajic.2006.05.290
- 대한의사협회, 진단서 작성 지침, 2003.
- 정형재, 김성호, 김정기, 이형식, 벙현수, 이지민, 조현국, 최정목, 한종만, 알기쉬운 인체병리학, 정담미디어, pp.94-96, 2013.
- R. Sowadsky, "How long HIV virus survive in a Dead Human Body," THE BODY, Apr 27, 1998.
- J. M. Kim, G. J. Cho, S. K. Hong, K. H. Chang, J. S. Chung, Y. H. Choi, Y. G. Song, A. Huh, J. S. Yeom, K. S. Lee, and J. Y. Choi, "Epidermiology and clinical features of HIV infection/AIDS in Korea," Yonsei Med. J, Vol.44, No.3, pp.363-70, 2003. https://doi.org/10.3349/ymj.2003.44.3.363
- H. Y. Kim, "Tuberculosis of HIV infection, it can be prevented and treated. Red ribbon," Korean Alliance to defeat AIDS(Korean), Vol.64, pp.16-17, 2005.
- M. Poeze, G. Ramsay, H. Gerlach, F. Rubulotta, and M. Levy, "An international sepsis survey:a study of doctor's knowledge and perception about sepsis," Critical Care, Vol.8, No.6, pp.409-413, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1186/cc2959
- P. M. Houck, D. W. Bratzler, W. Nsa, A. Ma, and J. G. Bartlett, "Timing of antibiotic administration and outcomes for medicare patients hospitalized with community acquired pneumonia," Archives of Internal Medicine, Vol.164, No.6, pp.637-644, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1001/archinte.164.6.637
- 나선경, 중환자실 간호사의 패혈증에 대한 지식 조사, 성균관대학교 임상간호대학원, 2012.
- 이주선, "국내 의료관련감염병(다제내성균) 감시현황과 감시체계," (주간)건강과질병, 제4권, 제50호, pp.919-920, 2012.
- 김우주, "중환자실에서 Vancomycin-Resistant Enterococci(VRE)관리," 병원감염관리, 제13권, 제2호, pp.51-63, 2008.
- N. C. Kim and K. O. Choi, "Effects on nurses' hand washing behavior and reduction of respiratory isolation rate of MRSA of the hand washing education," Journal of Korean Academic Society of Adult Nursing, Vol.14, No.1, pp.26-33, 2002.
- 유정림, 고유경, "종합병원 간호사의 다제내성균 감염관리 수행도에 영향을 미치는 요인," 기본간호학회지, 제23권, 제2호, pp.149-160, 2016. https://doi.org/10.7739/jkafn.2016.23.2.149
- 질병관리본부, 다제내성균 감염 관리 지침, 2012.
- 안연순, "보건의료기관 종사자의 직업성 감염질환 현황," 안전보건 연구동향, 3월호, pp.58-61, 2012.
- P. M. Hawkey, S. J. Pedler, and P. J. Southall, "Streptococcus pyogenes:a forgottern occupational hazard in the mortuary," Br Med Vol.281, p.1058, 1980.
- R. R. Gershon, D. Vlahov, J. A. Escamilla-Cejudo, et al., "Tuberculosis risk in funeral home employees," J Occup Environ Med, Vol.40, pp.497-503, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1097/00043764-199805000-00014
- T. D. Healing, P. N. Hoffman, and S. E. Young, "The infectin hazards of human cadavers," Commun. Dis Rep CDR Rev., Vol.5, pp.61-68, 1995.
- 최정목, "의료기관내 사망자의 처리에 관한 조사연구," 한국보건기초의학회지, 제6권, pp.140-146, 2013.
- 이상용, 최영식, 정낙은, 한길로, 김유훈, 양경무, 박혜진, 최병하, 김성호, 이주한, 이한영, 이원태. "사망진단서(시체검안서)의 부적절함-법의학자의 역할-," Kor J Legal Med, 제26권, pp.72-79, 2003.
- 나종인, 이영직, 김형석, 민병우, 김혜정, 정승현, 나주영, 박종태, "시체검안서 또는 사망진단서와 부검 후 사인의 불일치에 대한 연구(II)," Kor J Legal Med, 제36권, pp.27-33, 2012. https://doi.org/10.7580/KoreanJLegMed.2012.36.1.27