- Volume 17 Issue 7
The development of webtoon accelerated with development of smart devices. It became a daily life to enjoy digital contents such as webtoon using smartphones on the streets and subways, not just for the novelty of the new generation. With the advent of smart devices, the webtoon market has grown rapidly and webtoons of various themes and genres are pouring out. The growth of webtoon market is a good opportunity for artists, but competition is getting worse and it is difficult to satisfy readers with low quality. In order to create webtoon that can satisfy the readers, the artists are considered as important homework that can show the interesting story and show it effectively. In this study, I tried to prove that the method of directing using shot among the elements of animation can be utilized for directing webtoon effectively. In order to explain this, I have tried to explain the characteristics of webtoon and its relation with animation, and I chose the most important example of webtoon, 'Ko Soo(Ryu Ki woon, Moon jeong hu, 2015)', which has been popularized with successful storytelling and directing, and described character shot and time transition shot.
Webtoon;Directing Webtoon;Shot;Directing Webtoon using Shot
- 최용성, "유튜브 꺽은 한국 웹툰," 매일경제, 2014.9.13일자 1면.
- 김병수, "웹 만화의 표현 양식에 관한 연구," 한국콘텐츠학회 종합학술대회 논문집, 제5권, 제1호, pp.657-660, 2007.
- 이수지 전봉관, "웹툰 2.0의 서비스 현황과 발전 방향," 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제15권, 제8호, pp.96-108, 2015.
- 로이 톰슨, 숏의 문법, 커뮤니케이션북스, p.26, 2004.
- 박민주, 이주훈, "애니메이션 카메라 무브먼트의 비물질적 특성과 공간 연출," 기초조형학연구, Vol.17, No.3, pp.151-161, 2016.
- 크리스토퍼 켄워디, 마스터 숏, 커뮤니케이션북스, 2009.
- 로이 톰슨, 숏의 문법, 커뮤니케이션북스, p.66, 2004.
- 로이 톰슨, 숏의 문법, 커뮤니케이션북스, p.67, 2004.