- Volume 22 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A Position Control of BLDC Motor in a Rail Guided System for the Un-maned Facility Security
무인 설비 감시용 레일 가이드 구동장치에서 BLDC 전동기의 위치 제어
- Bae, Jong-Nam (Dept. of Mechatronics Engineering, Kyungsung University) ;
- Lee, Dong-Hee (Dept. of Mechatronics Engineering, Kyungsung University)
- Received : 2017.01.25
- Accepted : 2017.02.20
- Published : 2017.06.20
A low-cost BLDC motor with hall sensor is used to drive the position control of a facility security monitoring system in this paper. Low measurable frequency of the hall sensor signal in low-speed regions results in difficulty in obtaining accurate speed detection and position control. To improve system control performance, we propose a variable gain of position controller and stop mode control scheme according to the motor speed and error position with pre-set deceleration time. The proposed stop mode control scheme is activated around the stop position to forcibly move the BLDC motor to the stop position in low speed. In the proposed stop mode, the motor current is controlled by the actual speed with the reference rotating angle. The control performance of the proposed position control is verified through experiments at the actual rail guided facility security monitoring system.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- J. H. Kim, M. S. Jeon, K. T. Jeon, S. H. Lee, and D. H. Hong, "Development of horizontal locomotion robot using rail mechanism for H-beam structure," JKSPE, Vol. 30, No. 4, pp. 421-426, Apr. 2013.
- M. Yoon, J. W. Chang, "Design and implementation of an advanced cattle shed management system using a infrared wireless sensor nodes and surveillance camera," JKCA, Vol. 12, No. 10, pp. 22-34, Oct. 2012.
- Y. S. Jin, H. K. Shin, H. W. Kim, H. S. Mok, and K. Y. Cho, "Position controller for clutch drive system of PHEV(Plug in Hybrid Electric Vehicle)," Transactions on KIPE, Vol. 17, No. 2, pp. 166-173, Apr. 2012.
- K. W. Lee, "Current-sensorless maximum torque per ampere control for a surface mounted permanent magnet synchronous motor with low-resolution position sensor," Transactions on KIPE, Vol. 14, No. 2, pp. 204-210, June 2009.
- S. J. Kang, J. S. Kim, S. K. Sul, and D. K. Kim, "Precise position control with a low cost BLDCM drive," Transactions on KIEE, Vol. 44, No. 4, pp. 447-452, Apr. 1995.
- H. W. Kim, H. K. Shin, H. S. Mok, Y. K. Lee, and K. Y. Cho, "Novel PWM method with low ripple current for position control applications of BLDC motors," Journal of Power Electronics, Vol. 11, No. 5, pp. 726-733, Sep. 2011. https://doi.org/10.6113/JPE.2011.11.5.726
- S. Y. Kim, H. G. Byun, B. J. Ko, and S. Y. Park, "An improved high-resolution rotor position estimation using gain scheduled speed observer in PMSM drives with hall-effect position sensors," Transactions on KIEE, Vol. 59, No. 10, pp. 1809-1815, Oct. 2010.
- T. D. Batzel and K. Y. Lee, "Slotless permanent magnet synchronous motor operation without a high resolution rotor angle sensor," IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, Vol. 15, No. 4, pp. 366-371, Dec. 2000. https://doi.org/10.1109/60.900494
- A. Yoo, S. K. Sul, D. C. Lee, and C. S. Jun, "Novel speed and rotor position estimation strategy using a dual observer for low-resolution position sensors," Journal of Power Electronics, Vol. 24, No. 12, pp. 2897-2906, Dec. 2009.
- N. Samolyenko, Q. Han, and J. Jatskevich, "Balancing hall-effect signals in low-precision brushless DC motors," in Proc. IEEE APEC Conf. Expo., pp. 606-611, May 2007.
- J. H. Song, "A rotor position estimation of brushless DC motors using neutral voltage compensation method," Transactions on KIPE, Vol. 9, No. 5, pp. 491-497, Oct. 2004.
- S. Y. Yun, J. Lee, "Speed control of permanent magnet brushless DC motor using variable gain PI controller," Transactions on KIEE, Vol. 62, No. 9, pp. 1234-1239, Sep. 2013.