- Volume 29 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Investigations of Structural Behaviors of Steel Tower Structures by Frame Shape Variation
철탑구조의 트러스형상 변화에 따른 구조거동 분석
- Moon, Mi Young (Architectural Engineering, Kongju National University) ;
- Kim, Woo Bum (School of Architecture, Kongju National University)
- Received : 2017.03.20
- Accepted : 2017.05.17
- Published : 2017.08.27
The purpose of this study is to analyze the ultimate strength and behavior of triangular and rectangular frames in steel towers. Investigations of collapse mechanism including local and global failures of partial frame are carried out through finite element analysis and small scaled experiments. Ultimate strength and deformation are investigated in case of shape variations with change of the interior and exterior frames. The efficiency of rectangular frame saving sub-brace members are verified with comparisons of the ultimate strength of triangular frames.
Supported by : 한국전력공사
- Korea Electric Power Company (1997) Specification of Electric Transmission Tower 1111.
- Al-Bermani, F.G.A. and Kitipornchai, S. (1992) Nonlinear Analysis of Transmission Towers, Eng. Struct., Vol.14, No.3, pp.139-151. https://doi.org/10.1016/0141-0296(92)90025-L
- Kim, W.B. and Choi, B.J., (2008) Development of Nonlinear Analysis Technic to Determine the Ultimate Load in Electric Transmission Tower, Journal of Korean Society of Steel Construction, KSSC, Vol.20, No.2, pp.389-398.
- Chan, S.L. and Kitipornchai, S. (1998) Inelastic Post-Buckling Behavior of Tubular Struts, Journal of Structural Engineering, ASCE, Vol.114, No.5, pp.1091-1104. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9445(1988)114:5(1091)
- Roy, S. (1984) Secondary Stresses on Transmission Tower Structures, Journal of Structural Engineering, ASCE, Vol.110, No.2, pp.157-172. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9445(1984)110:1(157)
- ABAQUS User's Manual Version 6.5, Hibbit Karlsson, and Sorensen, Inc.,Pawtucke, R,I..
- Walker, A.C. (1984) Buckling of Offshore Structures. F. Bleich, McGraw-Hill, Buckling Strength of Metal Structures, 1952, pp.20-30.
- Albermani, F. (2004) Upgrading of Transmission Towers Using a Diaphragm Bracing System, Engineering Structures, Elsevier, Vol.26, No.9, pp.735-744. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2004.01.004