- Volume 29 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
A Study for an Evaluation of Flexural Strength of Plate Girders Reinforced with One Line of Longitudinal Stiffeners
수평보강재로 1단 보강된 플레이트거더의 휨강도 평가 방안 연구
- Kim, Byung Jun (Dept. of Civil Engineering, Pusan National University) ;
- Park, Yong Myung (Dept. of Civil Engineering, Pusan National University) ;
- Mykyta, Kovalenko (Dept. of Civil Engineering, Pusan National University) ;
- Cho, Kwang Il (POSCO Global R&D Center)
- Received : 2017.04.02
- Accepted : 2017.07.10
- Published : 2017.08.27
The current AASHTO LRFD and Eurocode 3 specifications have been found to underestimate the flexural strength of longitudinally reinforced plate girders. This is because the web-flange interaction is not considered appropriately when a web is reinforced. The buckling strength of compression flange increases due to the improved rotational restraint to the compression flange. Also, the compression flange and the longitudinal stiffener could constrain the web rotation, so that a certain area of the web reaches yield strength. In this study, a model for evaluating the flexural strength is proposed for plate girders reinforced with one line of longitudinal stiffeners, considering the increase of the buckling strength of the compression flange and the actual stress distribution of the web. The flexural strengths of the conventional steel(SM490) and the high-strength steel(HSB800) plate girders were evaluated from the nonlinear analysis and the applicability of the proposed model was analyzed.
Supported by : 부산대학교
- American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (2014) AASHTO LRFD Bridge Design Specifications, 7th Edition, Washington D.C. USA
- EN 1993-1-5: Eurocode 3 (2006) Design of Steel Structures Part 1-5: Plated Structural Elements.
- 박용명, 이건준, 최병호, 백성용(2014) 수평보강재로 보강된 세장 복부판을 갖는 플레이트 거더의 휨강도 평가 방법의 제안, 한국강구조학회논문집, 한국강구조학회, 제26권, 제2호, pp.119-132. (Park, Y.M., Lee, K.J., Choi, B.H., and Back, S.Y. (2014) A Proposal for an Evaluation of Flexural Resistance of Longitudinally Stiffened Plate Girder with Slender Web, Journal of Korean Society of Steel Construction, KSSC, Vol.26, No.2, pp.119-132 (in Korean).)
- Cooper, P.B. (1967) Strength of Longitudinally Stiffened Plate Girders, Journal of the Structural Division, ASCE, Vol.93, No.ST2, pp.419-451.
- Galambos, T.V. (1988) Guide to Stability Design Criteria for Metal Structures, 5th ed., John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- 윤동용, 김경식(2007) 수평보강재가 설치된 플레이트 거더의 휨 연성에 관한 연구, 한국강구조학회논문집, 한국강구조학회, 제19권, 제6호, pp.643-653. (Yoon, D.Y. and Kim, K.S. (2007) A Study on Flexural Ductility of Longitudinally Stiffened Plate Girders, Journal of Korean Society of Steel Construction, KSSC, Vol.19, No.6, pp.643-653 (in Korean).)
- 이명수, 이두성, 이성철(2010) 수평보강재가 설치된 플레이트거더 복부판의 조밀기준에 관한 연구, 대한토목학회논문집, 대한토목학회, 제30권, 제6A호, pp.503-512. (Lee, M.S., Lee, D.S, and Lee, S.C. (2010) A Study on Compact Section Requirements for Plate Girder Web Panels with Longitudinal Stiffeners, Journal of Korean Society of Civil Engineers, KSCE, Vol.30, No.6A, pp.503-512 (in Korean).)
- 국토해양부(2014) 강구조설계기준(하중저항계수설계법), 한국강구조학회. (Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs (2014) Korean Steel Structure Design Code(Load and Resistant Factored Design, KSSC (in Korean).)
- Johnson, D.L. (1985) An Investigation into the Interaction of Flanges and Webs in Wide Flange Shapes, Proceedings SSRC Annual Technical Session, Structural Stability Research Council, pp.395-405.
- Park, Y.M., Lee, K.J., Choi, B.H., and Cho, K.I. (2016) Modified Slenderness Limits for Bending Resistance of Longitudinally Stiffened Plate Girders, Journal of Constructional Steel Research, Vol.122, pp.354-366. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcsr.2016.04.003
- ABAQUS (2004), Analysis user's manual, ver. 6.5, Pawtucket(RI), ABAQUS, Inc.
- Yura, T.A. (2001) Fundamentals of Beam Bracings, Engineering Journal, First Quarter, pp.11-26.
- Kang, S.C., Kim, K.S., and Lee, J.K. (2011) Experimental Investigation of Residual Stresses in HSB800 Structures by the Sectioning Method, Proceedings IABSE-IASS, London.