- Volume 12 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Development of Interoperability Technology in Railway Wireless Communication Systems
철도 무선통신시스템 연동 기술 개발
- Received : 2017.06.30
- Accepted : 2017.08.01
- Published : 2017.08.31
Currently, railway wireless communication systems adopt several communication schemes depending on the specific region. To increase data rate and achieve high fidelity in railway wireless communication systems, LTE-R scheme has been developed. In this paper, We introduce interoperability technology which converges several railway communication systems including LTE-R. First, we consider two interoperability methods and their standardization. Some empirical test results of interoperability technology are also introduced. It is expected to provide seamless and statable railway communication environments by applying interoperability technologies to railway wireless communication systems.
Supported by : 국토교통과학기술진흥원
- C. Kim, B. Kim, and S. Lee, "A study on the necessity of integrated radio networks for domestic railways," In Proc. Fall Conf. of The Korea Society for Railway, Jeju, Korea, Oct. 2011, pp. 2808-2813.
- Y. Song, Y. Kim, and J. Baek, "Development of integrated wireless network for railway," J. of the Korean Society for Railway, vol. 16, no. 6, 2013, pp. 551-557. https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2013.16.6.551
- B. Kim, "The operation conditions of domestic railway wireless communication networks and those technical trends," J. of the Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Sciences, vol. 11, no. 4, 2016, pp. 379-385. https://doi.org/10.13067/JKIECS.2016.11.4.379
- J. Calle-Sanchez, M. Molina-Garcia, J. I. Alonso, and A. Fernandez-Duran, "Long Term Evolution in high speed railway environments: feasibility and challenges," Bell Labs Technical J., vol. 18, no. 2, 2013, pp. 237-253. https://doi.org/10.1002/bltj.21615
- T. Zhou, C. Tao, S. Salous, L. Liu, and Z. Tan, "LTE-based channel measurements for high-speed railway scenarios," In Proc. of IEEE Global Communications Conference, San Diego, CA, Dec. 2015, pp. 1-6.
- K. Guan, Z. Zhong, and B. Ai, "Assessment of LTE-R using high speed railway channel model," In Proc. of Third International Conference on Communications and Mobile Computing, Qingdao, China, Apr. 2011, pp. 461-464.
- A. Sniady and J. Soler, "LTE for railways: Impact on performance of ETCS railway signaling," IEEE Vehicular Technology Magazine, vol. 9, no. 2, 2014, pp. 69-77. https://doi.org/10.1109/MVT.2014.2310572
- TTAK.KO-06.0437," LTE based railway communication system requirements (Conventional and high speed railway)".
- TTAK.KO-06.0438," LTE based railway communication system architecture (Conventional and high speed railway)".
- W. Cho, H. Choi, and H. Cho, "A study on integration scheme of wireless communications in railway wireless network," J. of the Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Sciences, vol. 10, no. 9, 2015, pp. 659-664. https://doi.org/10.13067/JKIECS.2015.10.6.659
- W. Cho, "Comparison study of interoperability of railway wireless communication networks," J. of the Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Sciences, vol. 11, no. 8, 2016, pp. 729-734. https://doi.org/10.13067/JKIECS.2016.11.8.729