- Volume 8 Issue 8
The study analyzed previous studies on traditional markets and market modernization projects to analyze research trends and content related to traditional markets. Next, the study selected 4 traditional markets throughout the nation where there was promotion of market modernization projects to conduct field research and interviews about store modules, line of flow, facility configuration, and types of businesses. Empirical comparative analysis was conducted on construction hardware status through measurement and observation and data was collected on business environment and requirement characteristics by business type through interviews with merchant associations of the corresponding markets. Consistent standard was applied as much it was possible to comparatively analyze the 4 market modernization cases and on the unique characteristics of individual markets, the cause was determined in conjunction to the history of the business promotion process and regional characteristics. After the study, basic data to suggest guidelines in store modules by business type in traditional markets could be acquired and the study identified the facilities equipment standards that must be considered in future market modernization projects. Through this it will be possible to derive policy implications to minimize trial and error and guarantee business efficiency in future market modernization projects.
Traditional market;Store module;Market activation;Case analysis
- J. Kim, "The Shopping Experience Values at Department Stores and Their Effects on the Brand Asset and the Store Loyalty", J. of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 2, pp. 151-162, 2014.
- C. Shuang, K. Lee, S. Lee, "Study on Chinese Repurchase Intention of Group-buying Social Commerce:The Moderating Role of Shopping Habit", J. of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 8, No. 2, pp. 169-181, 2017.
- Q.. Hao, S. Lee, K. Lee, "The Acceptance of Customer Reviews in Taobao", J. of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 4, pp. 205-212, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.4.205
- K. Kim, J. Yun, "Comparison and Analysis on Mobile Payment in terms of Security: Survey", J. of Convergence for Information Technology, Vol. 5, No. 3, pp. 15-20, 2015.
- S. Ha, "A study on Current Status of Space Planning and Display of Traditional Markets", J. of Korea Institute of Spatial Design, Vol. 10, No. 5, pp. 9-19, 2015.
- E. Moon, H. Lee, "A study on the Design Guidline for the Urban Traditional Marke", J. of the Korean Society of Design Culture, Vol. 17, No. 1, pp. 166-179, 2011.
- J. Chun, "Design Chechlist of Individual Shop at Traditional Markets to help Each Market have its Own Specialty", J. of Basic Design & Art, Vol. 16, No. 6, pp. 619-629, 2015.
- S. Lee, W. Shim, "A Study on Activated through Traditional Market Design, Development in Rural Areas - Focus on the Differences in Perception of Bong-pyeong Traditional Market Traders and Passengers", J. of the Korean Society of Design Culture, Vol. 21, No. 3, pp. 483-494, 2015.
- C. Park, H. Jang, "Analyzing the Recognition Effect of revitalization Through the Classification Between the Physical and Non-Physical Improvement on the Traditional Market", J. of The Architectural Institute of Korea Planning & Design, Vol. 29, No. 5, pp. 131-140, 2013.
- J. Kwon, "A Case Study of the Development Project to Public Symbol Gate Sculpture Design for Image Improvement of Traditional Market", J. of the Korean Society of Design Culture, Vol. 17, No. 3, pp. 54-67, 2011.
- M. Lee, C. Lim, "The Meaning of Results of Business Perfomance Through Activation Project for Bong-pyeong Traditional Market - Focusing on Design Standardization of Facilities -", J. of the Korean Society of Design Culture, Vol. 21, No. 2, pp. 451-461, 2015.
- S. Shin, K. Chang, "A Study on the Image evaluation of the traditional market entrance space", J. of Basic Design & Art, Vol. 17, No. 1, pp. 341-348, 2016.
- Y. Son, K. Hyun, C. Cho, "Research on the Effects of Selection Elements of Traditional Markets on Attraction and Re-Visiting Intention and the Study of the Control Effects of Stores Mix, Asia Pacific Journal of Small Business, Vol. 37, No. 3, pp. 127-150, 2015.
- J. Lim, J. Lim, "A Study on the Need to Apply Universal Design to the Traditional Market -Focusing on Namdaemin Market-", J. of Korea Institute of Spatial Design, Vol. 10, No. 6, pp. 111-119, 2015.
- S. Park, "A Study on Improvement of Feasibility Evaluation for Public Projects", J. of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 8, No. 2, pp. 163-168, 2017.
Supported by : Hansung University