- Volume 8 Issue 8
This study aimed to narrate the feature of a north korean refugee child at an elementary school in south korea through badminton sports cub activity. The narrative was as follows. Dongsik was unhappy at the first time in living here(south korea). After a while he had encountered badminton activity by chance. And he changed his life at the school and he has his own dream now. Teacher choi has remembered the first meeting with Dongsik. Dongsik was a boy who did not talk with anyone. After a long time Dongsik spent his life without uttering a word. Now he has a talk about his dream due to badminton. He dreams of being a badminton player. What is primarily important for north korean refugee children is educational direction. School eduction has to integrate not segregate to participate in all program together. We all have to take both expectation and confidence for north korean refugee children.
narrative;badminton;sports club;adaption;north korean refugee child
- J. W. Kim, "Diagnosis and direction of multicultural education in korea focused on elementary education." The Korean Journal of Multicultural Education, Vol. 1, No. 1, pp. 135-157, 2010.
- K. H. Noh, "A study on the educational support policies and issues about the children of multicultural family." Journal of Law and Politics research, Vol. 11, No. 3, pp. 839-868. 2011.
- S. B. Oh, "An exploratory study on multi-cultural education policy: Its challenges and future direction." The Journal of Educational Idea, Vol. 24, No. 2, pp. 149-170. 206. https://doi.org/10.17283/jkedi.2010.24.2.149
- C. M. Park, J. S. Jo, Y. C. Kim, "For the better future: A qualitative case study on the dilemma of the multi-cultural curriculum in Korean." Multicultural Education Studies, Vol. 9, No. 1, pp. 185-213, 2016. https://doi.org/10.14328/MES.2016.3.31.185
- K. J. Seol, "The significance and application of social studies eduction in holistic educational perspective and caring." Journal of Holistic Education. Vol. 13, No. 3, pp. 17-36. 2008.
- J. H. Lee, "The study on the peer-mentoring experience and value of multicultural children in elementary physical education." The Korean Journal of the Elementary Physical Education, Vol. 18, No. 2, pp. 37-54. 2012.
- S. M. Chung, H. H. Yoon, "A content analysis on programs in north korean defector students education policy-research schools." Journal of Education & Culture, Vol. 22, No. 6, pp. 513-536. 2016. https://doi.org/10.24159/joec.2016.22.6.513
- S. S. Ju, K. S. Kim, "A exploratory analysis of theory and application of sport pedagogy for multicultural education: Focusing on children with multicultural background." Korean Journal of Sport Pedagogy, Vol. 22, No. 1, pp. 129-149. 2015.
- Spradley, J. P., "Participant observation." NY: Hot, Reinhart & Winston, 1980.
- Polkinghorne, D. E., "Narrative configuration in qualitative analysis." Qualitative Studies in Education Vol, 8, No. 1, pp. 5-23. 1995. https://doi.org/10.1080/0951839950080103
- G. H. Yoo, E. R. Bang, E. G. Han, "A case study on school achievement and social adaptation of north korean refugee children & adolescents." Journal of korean management association, Vol. 22, No. 5, pp. 185-196. 2004.
- J. H. Lee, "The significance and value of multicultural education in holistic physical education." Journal of Holistic Education. Vol. 14, No. 1, pp. 119-136. 206.
- S. M. Kim, "The relationship of parental expectation and parent style perceived by elementary school child: based on gender and birth order" Unpublished master's dissertation. The University of Ajou, Gyeonggi-do, 2014.
- R. M. Choi, D. H. Kim, "Teachers perception and practice of trust in students." The Journal of Educational Idea, Vol. 30, No. 3, pp. 177-197. 2016.
- N. G. Kim, "The effects of self-efficacy and outcome expectation about an occupation on career interests of elementary school children" Unpublished doctoral dissertation. The University of Konkuk University, Seoul, 2000.
- D. W. Kim, L. S. Shin, S. Y. Kim, "The effect of physical competence using convergence on satisfaction with physical education class." Journal of the Korea Covergence Society, Vol 8, No. 4, pp. 255-264, 2017. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.4.255
- NCLB, "No Child Left Behind Act." Retrieved from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Child_Left_Behind_Act, 2001
- North Korean Refugee Youths Education Support Center, " North korean refugee youths in south korea." Retrieved from http://www.hub4u.or.kr/hub/edu/status01.do, 2016
- D. H. Jwa, M. Y. Lee, S. Y. Ji, "A study on the north korean defecting adolescents support systematization method" Research Report from National Youth Policy Institute, pp 1-136, 2016.