- Volume 31 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Study on Design of Truncated Mooring Line with Static Similarity in Model Test Basins
모형수조에서 정적 상사성을 지닌 절단계류선 모델링에 관한 연구
- Kim, Yun-Ho (Offshore Plant Research Institute, Korea Research Institute of Ships and Ocean(KRISO)) ;
- Kim, Byoung-Wan (Offshore Plant Research Institute, Korea Research Institute of Ships and Ocean(KRISO)) ;
- Cho, Seok-Kyu (Offshore Plant Research Institute, Korea Research Institute of Ships and Ocean(KRISO))
- 김윤호 (한국해양과학기술원 부설 선박해양플랜트연구소 해양플랜트연구부) ;
- 김병완 (한국해양과학기술원 부설 선박해양플랜트연구소 해양플랜트연구부) ;
- 조석규 (한국해양과학기술원 부설 선박해양플랜트연구소 해양플랜트연구부)
- Received : 2017.05.08
- Accepted : 2017.07.17
- Published : 2017.08.31
In this study, a series of numerical simulations was conducted in order to design a truncated mooring line with a static similarity to the prototype. A finite element method based on minimizing the potential energy was utilized to describe the dynamics of mooring lines. The prototype mooring lines considered were installed at a water depth of 1,000 m, whereas the KRISO ocean engineering basin (OEB) in Daejeon has a water depth of 3.2 m, which represents 192 m using a scaling of 1:60. First, an investigation for the design of the truncated mooring line was carried out to match the static characteristics of the KRISO Daejeon OEB environment. Then, the same procedure was performed with the KRISO new deepwater ocean engineering basin (DOEB) that is under construction in Busan. This new facility has a water depth of 15 m, which reflects a real scale depth of 900 m considering the 1:60 scaling factor. A finite element method was used to model the mooring line dynamics. It was found that the targeted truncated mooring line could not be designed under the circumstances of the KRISO OEB with any material properties, whereas several mooring lines were easily matched to the prototype under the circumstances of the KRISO DOEB.
Truncated mooring line for model test;Deepwater cean engineering basin;Finite element method;Static offset test;Static similarity
Grant : 심해공학수조 운용을 위한 연구인프라 구축 및 심해플랜트 Pre-FEED 원천핵심기 술개발, 심해공학수조 기초 운용기술 개발
Supported by : 해양수산부, 한국해양과학기술원
- Baarholm, R., Stansberg, C.T., Fylling, I., Lee, M.Y., Ma, W., 2007, A Robust Procedure for Ultra Deepwater Model Testing, Proc. of 17th International Offshore and Polar Engineering Conference, Lisbon Portugal, 2229-2238.
- Bernitsas, M.M., Choi, H.S., Crudu, L., Hirata, K., Incecik, A., Kinoshita, T., Moxnes, S., 1999, The Specialist Committee on Deep Water Mooring: Final Report and Recommendations to the 22nd ITTC. Proceedings of the 22nd International Towing Tank Conference, Shanghai, China, 1-24.
- International Towing Tank Conference (ITTC), 2002, ITTC Recommended Procedures and Guidelines: Procedure 7.5-02-07-03.4. Stationary Floating Systems Hybrid Mooring Simulation Model Test Experiments, Rev. 00.
- International Towing Tank Conference (ITTC), 2005, ITTC Recommended Procedures and Guidelines: Procedure 7.5-02-07-03.5. Truncation of Test Models and Integration with Numerical Simulations, Rev. 00.
- Kim, B.W., Sung, H.G., Hong, S.Y., Jung, H.J., 2010. Finite Element Nonlinear Analysis for Catenary Structure Considering Elastic Deformation. Computer Modeling in Engineering & Sciences, 63(1), 29-45.
- Kim, B.W., Sung, H.G., Kim, J.H., Hong, S.Y., 2013. Comparison of Linear Spring and Nonlinear FEM Methods in Dynamic Coupled Analysis of Floating Structure and Mooring System, Journal of Fluids and Structures, 42, 205-227. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jfluidstructs.2013.07.002
- Kim, Y.H., Cho, S.K., Sung, H.G., Seo, J.H., Suh, Y.S., 2014, Numerical Study on Designing Truncated Mooring Lines for FPSO Stability Analysis. Journal of Ocean Engineering and Technology, 28(5), 387-395. https://doi.org/10.5574/KSOE.2014.28.5.387
- Stansberg, C.T., Ormberg, H., Oritsland, O., 2002, Challenges in Deep Water Experiments: Hybrid Approach, Journal of Offshore Mechanics and Arctic Engineering, 124, 90-96. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.1464129
- Waals, O.J., van Dijk, R.R., 2004, Truncation Methods for Deep Water Mooring Systems for a catenary moored FPSO and a Semi Taut Moored Semi Submergible. Deep Offshore Technology Conference, New Orleans USA, Paper No. 24-1.