- Volume 31 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Wind tunnel test of wind loads and current loads acting on FLBT and LNG bunkering shuttles in side-by-side configuration and comparison with empirical formula
병렬 배치된 FLBT 및 LNG-BS에 작용하는 풍하중 및 조류하중에 대한 풍동 시험 및 경험식 비교 연구
- Park, Byeongwon (Korea Research Institute of Ships and Ocean Engineering) ;
- Jung, Jae-Hwan (Korea Research Institute of Ships and Ocean Engineering) ;
- Hwang, Sung-Chul (Korea Research Institute of Ships and Ocean Engineering) ;
- Cho, Seok-Kyu (Korea Research Institute of Ships and Ocean Engineering) ;
- Jung, Dongho (Korea Research Institute of Ships and Ocean Engineering) ;
- Sung, Hong Gun (Korea Research Institute of Ships and Ocean Engineering)
- 박병원 (한국해양과학기술원 부설 선박해양플랜트연구소) ;
- 정재환 (한국해양과학기술원 부설 선박해양플랜트연구소) ;
- 황성철 (한국해양과학기술원 부설 선박해양플랜트연구소) ;
- 조석규 (한국해양과학기술원 부설 선박해양플랜트연구소) ;
- 정동호 (한국해양과학기술원 부설 선박해양플랜트연구소) ;
- 성홍근 (한국해양과학기술원 부설 선박해양플랜트연구소)
- Received : 2017.06.07
- Accepted : 2017.08.11
- Published : 2017.08.31
In recent years, LNG bunkering terminals are needed to supply LNG as fuel to meet the emission requirements of the International Maritime Organization (IMO). A floating LNG bunkering terminal (FLBT) is one of the most cost-effective and environmentally friendly LNG bunkering systems for storing LNG and transferring it directly to an LNG fuel vessel. The FLBT maintains its position using mooring systems such as spread mooring and turret mooring. The loads on the vessel and mooring lines must be carefully determined to maintain their positions within the operable area. In this study, the wind loads acting in several side-by-side arrangements on the FLBT and LNG-BS were estimated using wind tunnel tests in the Force Technology, and the shielding effect due to the presence of ships upstream was evaluated. In addition, the empirical formulations proposed by Fujiwara et al. (2012) were used to estimate the wind force coefficients acting on the FLBT and those results were compared with experimental results.
Floating LNG bunkering terminal(FLBT);NG bunkering;Wind tunnel test;Shielding effect;Side-by-side mooring;Wnd load coefficient
Grant : 해상부유식 LNG 벙커링 시스템 기술개발
Supported by : 해양수산부
- ESDU 80003., 1986. Mean Fluid Forces and Moments on Rectangular Prisms: Surface-mounted Structures in Turbulent Shear Flow. Engineering Sciences Data Unit, London.
- ESDU 80024., 1998. Blockage Corrections for Bluff Bodies in Confined Flows. London
- Fujiwara, T., Yukawa, K., Sato, H., Otsubo, K., Taniguchi, T., 2012. Wind Effect Estimation in side by side offloading operation for FLNG and LNG carrier ship. OMAE012-83139, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Hwang, S.C., Cho, S.K., Jung, H.W., Kim, Y.H., Sung, H.G., Alberto Omar Vazquez-Hernandez, A.O., 2016. An Experimental study of environmental loads acting on a semi-submersible offshore structure, Proceeding of KSOE 2016 Fall in Busan.
- Song, C.W., Kim, J., Yoon, S.J., Hong, J.P., Sung, H.G., 2016. Turret Mooring System Design for a Floating Offshore LNG Bunkering Terminal, Proceeding of KSOE 2016 Fall in Busan.
- Wnek, A.D., Paco, A., Zhou, X.-Q., Sutulo, S., Guedes Saeres, C., 2015. Experimental Study of Aerodynamic Loads on an LNG Carrier and Floating Platform. Applied Ocean Research, 51, 309-319. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apor.2015.01.009