- Volume 31 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Survey of Seafloor at Chagwi-do of Jeju Island to Select 60-m-class Sea Test Bed of Wave Energy Converter
60m급 파력발전 실해역 시험장 선정을 위한 제주도 차귀도 해역의 해저 지층 탐사
- Kim, Hansoo (Maritime security research center, Korea Institute of Ocean Science & Technology) ;
- Kim, Jeongrok (Department of Ocean System Engineering, Jeju National University) ;
- Cho, Il-Hyoung (Department of Ocean System Engineering, Jeju National University) ;
- Paeng, Dong-Guk (Department of Ocean System Engineering, Jeju National University) ;
- Choi, Jong-Su (Offshore Plant Research Division, Korea Research Institute of Ships & Ocean Engineering)
- 김한수 (한국해양과학기술원 해양방위연구센터) ;
- 김정록 (제주대학교 해양시스템공학과) ;
- 조일형 (제주대학교 해양시스템공학과) ;
- 팽동국 (제주대학교 해양시스템공학과) ;
- 최종수 (한국해양과학기술원 부설 선박해양플랜트연구소, 해양플랜트연구부)
- Received : 2017.03.13
- Accepted : 2017.08.04
- Published : 2017.08.31
The purpose of this study was to investigate the sea floor using a seismic profiler in the northern part of Chagwi-do of Jeju Island in order to select the optimal location for the 60-m-class berth of a sea test bed for wave energy converters and provide basic environmental data for designing a suction anchor. The echo types of the seismic profiles were classified based on the study of Kim et al. (2016a), and the location for installing the suction anchor was selected based on a sediment thickness of more than 10 m. The physical properties of the surface sediments were determined by analyzing the sediment samples obtained from 16 grab sample points. Based on the investigation and analysis, we proposed a survey area in the North-Eastern sea as an optimum location for the 60-m-class berth where the suction anchor could be installed.
Sea test-bed;Suction anchor;Sediment;Sub-bottom profiler;Survey of sea floor
Grant : 파력발전 실해역 시험장 구축
Supported by : 해양수산부
- Chough, S.K., Kim, J.W., Lee, S.H., Shinn, Y.J., Jin, J.H., Suh, M.C., Lee, J.S., 2002. High-resolution Acoustic Characteristics of Epocontinental Sea Deposits, Central-eastern Yellow Sea. Marine Geology, 188, 317-331. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0025-3227(02)00379-1
- Damuth J.E., 1980. Use of High-frequency (3.5-12 kHz) Echograms in the Study of Near-bottom Sedimentation Processes in the Deepsea: a Review. Marine Geology, 24, 73-95.
- Das, B.M., 1990. Principles of Geotechnical Engineering. 2nd Edition, PWS-KENT Publishing Company, Boston. USA
- Kearey, P., Brooks, M., 1991. An Introduction to Geophysical Exploration. Second Edition. Blackwell Scientific Publications, USA, 254.
- Kim, H.S., Hyeon, J.W, Jin, C.J, Kim, J.R., Cho, I.H., 2016a. Survey of Sedimentary Environment and Sediment at the West-Northern Site of Chagwi-do nearby Jeju Island. Journal of Korean Society Marine Environment and Energy, 19(2), 137-143. https://doi.org/10.7846/JKOSMEE.2016.19.2.137
- Kim, K.O., Kim, Y.S., Kim, T.H., Ko, B.H., 2005a. Centrifuge Model Test on the Pullout Capacity of Embedded Suction Anchor with Flanges in Sand Layer. Proceedings of Korean Society of Civil Engineers Conference, Korean Society of Civil Engineers, 3427-3430.
- Kim, K.O., Kim, Y.S., Ko, B.H. 2005b. Centrifuge Model Tests on the Pullout Capacity of Embedded Suction Anchor without Flanges in Sand Layer. 2005 Joint Conference of Geotechnical Engineering, Korean Society of Civil Engineers, 517-520.
- Kim, S.R., Woo, H.J., Lee, Y.K., Jeong, K.S., Je, J.G., Park, G.T., Jung, B.H., Cho, J.H., 2002. Sea-bottom Sediments and Seafloor Acoustic Image by Side Scan Sonar on Sindu-ri Offshore. Journal of the Korean Earth Science Society, 23, 707-721.
- Kim, Y.D., Hong K., Shin S.H., Kim K., Lim C.H., Ko T.K., Lee K., Park J.Y., Kim J.S., Choen H.J., Cho I.H., Bae Y.H., Choi J.S., 2016b. Estiablishment Plan of Open Sea Test Bed for Wave Energfy Converters. Proceeding of The Korean Society For New And Renewable Energy, 144.
- LeBlanc, L.R., Mayer, L., Rufino, M., Schock, S.,G., King, J., 1992. Marine Sediment Classification using the Chirp Sonar. Journal of the Acoustic Society of America 91, 107-115. https://doi.org/10.1121/1.402758
- Lee, C.K., Jung, S.K., Kim, S.R., 2013. Distribution of Flood Sediment Deposits using the Seafloor Image by Side Scan Sonar near the Northern Coast of Gungchon-ri, East Sea. Journal of Korean Earth Science Society, 34(1), 41-50. https://doi.org/10.5467/JKESS.2013.34.1.41
- Lee, G.S., Kim, D.C., Seo, Y.K., Yi, H.I., Yoo, S., 2009. Sedimentary Environment and Sequence Study Using High Resolution Seismic Survey in Gyunggi Bay, the Yellow Sea. Korean Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences, 42(6), 683-694. https://doi.org/10.5657/kfas.2009.42.6.683
- O, H.S., Kim, T.H., Kwon, S.D., Kim, S.R., Shin, S.I., Kim, S.J., Kim, S.Y., Woo, J.S., 2015. Applications of Side Scan Sonar for Shipbuilding and Offshore Project. Journal of Ocean Engineering and Technology, 29(5), 373-379. https://doi.org/10.5574/KSOE.2015.29.5.373
- Robert, L.F., 1980. Petrology of Sedimentary Rocks. 2nd Edition, Hemphill Publishing Company, CA, USA.
- Yu, S., 2010. High Resolution Seismic Study on Sedimentary Structure in the Southern Shelf of Jeju Island. Thesis of the Graduate School of Pukyung University, 1-11.