- Volume 31 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Navigation System for a Deep-sea ROV Fusing USBL, DVL, and Heading Measurements
USBL, DVL과 선수각 측정신호를 융합한 심해 무인잠수정의 항법시스템
- Lee, Pan-Mook (Korea Research Institute of Ships & Ocean Engineering, Marine Robotics Laboratory) ;
- Shim, Hyungwon (Korea Research Institute of Ships & Ocean Engineering, Marine Robotics Laboratory) ;
- Baek, Hyuk (Korea Research Institute of Ships & Ocean Engineering, Marine Robotics Laboratory) ;
- Kim, Banghyun (Korea Research Institute of Ships & Ocean Engineering, Marine Robotics Laboratory) ;
- Park, Jin-Yeong (Korea Research Institute of Ships & Ocean Engineering, Marine Robotics Laboratory) ;
- Jun, Bong-Huan (Korea Research Institute of Ships & Ocean Engineering, Marine Robotics Laboratory) ;
- Yoo, Seong-Yeol (Korea Research Institute of Ships & Ocean Engineering, Marine Robotics Laboratory)
- 이판묵 (선박해양플랜트연구소 수중로봇연구실) ;
- 심형원 (선박해양플랜트연구소 수중로봇연구실) ;
- 백혁 (선박해양플랜트연구소 수중로봇연구실) ;
- 김방현 (선박해양플랜트연구소 수중로봇연구실) ;
- 박진영 (선박해양플랜트연구소 수중로봇연구실) ;
- 전봉환 (선박해양플랜트연구소 수중로봇연구실) ;
- 유승열 (선박해양플랜트연구소 수중로봇연구실)
- Received : 2017.05.03
- Accepted : 2017.07.28
- Published : 2017.08.31
This paper presents an integrated navigation system that combines ultra-short baseline (USBL), Doppler velocity log (DVL), and heading measurements for a deep-sea remotely operated vehicle, Hemire. A navigation model is introduced based on the kinematic relation of the position and velocity. The system states are predicted using the navigation model and corrected with the USBL, DVL, and heading measurements using the Kalman filter. The performance of the navigation system was confirmed through re-navigation simulations with the measured data at the Southern Mariana Arc submarine volcanoes. Based on the characteristics of the measurements, the design process for the parameters of the system modeling error covariance, measurement error covariance, and initial error covariance are presented. This paper reviews the influence of the outliers and blackout of the USBL and DVL measurements, and proposes an outlier rejection algorithm that is robust to USBL blackout. The effectiveness of the method is demonstrated with re-navigation for the data that includes USBL blackouts.
Underwater navigation;Ultra-short baseline (USBL);Doppler velocity log (DVL);Fusion;Kalman filter
Grant : 심해 유무인 잠수정 기술개발 및 운용인프라 구축 - 기술개발, 극지 환경을 고려한 수중음향기반 위치 추정 및 해상 항법 기초 기술 연구
Supported by : 해양수산부
- Gelb, A., 1974. Applied Optimal Estimation. MIT Press, Cambridge.
- Kinsey, J.C. and Whitcomb, J.J., 2004. Preliminary Field Experience with DVLNAV Integrated Navigation System for Oceanographic Submersibles. Control Engineering Practice, 12, 1541-1549. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conengprac.2003.12.010
- Lee, P., Jun, B., Baek, H., Kim, B., Shim, H., Park, J., Yoo, S., Jeong, W., Baek, S. and Kim, W., 2016. Explorations of Hydrothermal Vents in the Southern Mariana Arc Submarine Volcanoes using the ROV Hemire. Journal of Korean Society of Ocean Engineers, 30(5), 389-399.
- Lee, P., Jun, B., Kim, K., Lee, J., Aoki, T. and Hyakudome, T., 2007. Simulation of an Inertial Acoustic Navigation System with Range Aiding for an Autonomous Underwater Vehicle. Journal of Oceanic Engineering, 32(2), 392-345.
- Lee, P., Kim, B., Shim, H., Baek, H., Baek, S., Park, J. and Jun B., 2015. An Underwater Navigation System for an ROV Integrated with Inertial Sensors and USBL Position Measurements. Proc. of the KSOE 2015 Autumn Conf., Daejeon, 450-453.
- Lee, P., Shim, H., Baek, H., Kim, B., Park, J., Jun, B. and Yoo, S., 2017. A Navigation System of a Deep-sea ROV Fusing USBL and DVL Measurements. Proc. of the KSOE Session of the KAOSTS Conf., April 19-20, Bexco.
- Miller, P.A., Farrel, J.A., Zhao, Y. and Djapic, V., 2010. Autonomous Underwater Vehicle Navigation. Journal of Oceanic Engineering, 35(3), 663-678. https://doi.org/10.1109/JOE.2010.2052691
- Ribas, D., Ridao, P., Mallios, A. and Palomeras, N., 2012. Delayed State Information Filter for USBL-Aided AUV Navigation. Int. Conf. on Robotics & Automation, 4898-4903, May 14-18, Saint Paul.
- Ridao, P., Ribas, D., Hernàndez, E. and Rusu, A., 2011. USBL/DVL Navigation Through Delayed Position Fixes. Int. Conf. on Robotics & Automation, May 9-13, Shanghai.
- Rigby, P., Pizarro, O. and Williams, S.B., 2006. Towards Geo-Referenced AUV Navigation Through Fusion of USBL and DVL Measurements. Oceans Conference, Boston.
- Sane-Muntadas, A., Brekke, E.F., Hegrenæs, O. and Pettersen, K.Y., 2015. Navigation and Probability for Successful AUV Docking Using USBL. IFAC-PapersOnLine 48-16, 204-209.
- Vasilijevic, A., Borovic, B. and Vukic, Z., 2012. Underwater Vehicle Localization with Complementary filter: Performance Analysis in the Shallow Water Environment. Journal of Intelligent Robotic Systems, 68, 373-386. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10846-012-9766-6
- Kang, H., Hong, S., Sur, J., Kim, J., 2017. Design of GPS-aided Dead Reckoning Algorithm of AUV using Extended Kalman Filter. Journal of Korean Society of Ocean Engineers, 31(1), 28-35.