- Volume 66 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Control of SRM with Modified C-dump Converter in Cooling System of Automobiles
Modified C-dump 컨버터를 이용한 자동차 냉각시스템 SRM 제어
- Yoon, Yong-Ho (School of Electrical Engineering, Gwangju University)
- Received : 2017.05.21
- Accepted : 2017.07.17
- Published : 2017.08.01
Recently, SRMs are used in automobiles for power assistant steering, accessory motion control and traction drives. Especially in the motion control and traction drives, safety and efficiency are of paramount importance. The paper describes the essential elements faced in designing and constructing driving circuits for a switched reluctance motor for automobiles. An important factor in the selection of a motor and a drive for industrial application is the cost. The switched reluctance motor(SRM) is a simple, low-cost, and robust motor suitable for variable-speed as well as servo-type applications. With relatively simple converter and control requirements, the SRM is gaining an increasing attention in the drive industry. This paper presents a modified C-dump converter for Switched Reluctance Motor (SRM) machine application in the cooling system of automobiles. The experiments are performed to verify the capability of applicate control method on 6/4 salient type SRM.
Supported by : 광주대학교
- Zhenyao Xu, D. H. Lee and J. W. Ahn, "Comparative Analysis of SRM with Segmental Rotors for Vehicle Cooling Fan," Conf., of KIEE, pp. 506-506, 2015.
- Y. S. Lee, J. M. Noh and J. H. Kim, "Development of SRM Drive System for Built-in Car Vacuum Cleaner," Conf., of KIEE, pp. 506-506, 2015.
- J. S. Park, J. H. Choi, B. G. Gu, and I. S. Jung, "BLDC Motor Control for Automotive Water Pump," Conf., of KIEE, pp. 530-531, 2010.
- Parvatham Paramesh, Venkateswarlu K and Sunitha K, "Performance Analysis of C-dump Converter for BLDC Machine Application in a Flywheel Energy Storage System," Emerging Trends in Electrical, Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 19-30, 2014
- M. Bala Krishna and M. Kiran Kumar, "A New C-dump Converter with Power Factor Correction for BLDC Drive," International Journal of Electrical and Electronics Engineering Research, vol. 3, pp. 59-70, 2013.
- A. Hava, V. Blasko, and T. A. Lipo, "A modified C-dump converter for variable reluctance machines", IEEE Trans. Ind. Applicat., vol. 28, Sept./Oct. 1992.