- Volume 17 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Factors affecting subjective symptoms of temporomandibular joint disorders in adults
성인의 턱관절장애 자각증상에 영향을 미치는 요인
- Kim, Soo-Kyung (Department of Dental Hygiene, College of Health Science, Shinhan University) ;
- Kim, So-Ra (Department of Dental Hygiene, College of Health Science, Shinhan University) ;
- Kim, Hyun-Kyung (Department of Dental Hygiene, College of Health Science, Shinhan University) ;
- Park, Ji-Su (Department of Dental Hygiene, College of Health Science, Shinhan University) ;
- Lee, Yu-Jin (Department of Dental Hygiene, College of Health Science, Shinhan University) ;
- Cho, Min-Seo (Department of Dental Hygiene, College of Health Science, Shinhan University) ;
- Jung, Eun-Seo (Department of Dental Hygiene, College of Health Science, Shinhan University)
- 김수경 (신한대학교 치위생학과) ;
- 김소라 (신한대학교 치위생학과) ;
- 김현경 (신한대학교 치위생학과) ;
- 박지수 (신한대학교 치위생학과) ;
- 이유진 (신한대학교 치위생학과) ;
- 조민서 (신한대학교 치위생학과) ;
- 정은서 (신한대학교 치위생학과)
- Received : 2017.01.23
- Accepted : 2017.06.13
- Published : 2017.08.30
Objectives: The purpose of this study is to identify the perceived symptoms of oral and temporomandibular joint disorders in adults and to analyze the factors affecting subjective symptoms of temporomandibular joint disorders. Methods: 249 adults over 20 years old who had subjective symptoms of temporomandibular joint disorders were surveyed and analyzed. Independent t-test and ANOVA test were used to examine the relationship between oral habits and temporomandibular joint disorder according to general characteristics.
- Hong MH. Relationship of stress, oral habits and TMJ symptoms in 20-30 ages adults. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2014;14(5):739-46. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2014.14.05.739
- Jeong H, Kim JK, Lee JH. Systemastic clinical treatment of temporomandibular joint disorders. Seoul: DaehanNarae; 2005: 17-8.
- Kim MH, Kim MJ, Kim JS, Nam LI, Park JO, Sim SY, et al. The relationship between stomatognathic habit and temporomandibular joint dysfunction. J Korean Acad physical therapist 2000;7(1):295-310.
- Kim DK, Lim HD, Lee YM. Evaluation of quality of life according to temporomandibular disorder symptoms in dental hospital worker. J Oral Med Pain 2012;37(1):61-72. https://doi.org/10.14476/jomp.2012.37.1.061
- Okeson J. Orofacial pain: guidelines for assessment, diagnosis and management. American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics 1996;109(6):669-71.
- Solberg WK, Flint RT, Brantner JP. Temporomandibular joint pain and dysfunction: A clinical study of emotional and occlusal components. J Prosth Dent 1972;28(4):412-22. https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-3913(72)90243-0
- Gross SM, Vacchiano RB. Personality correlates of patients with temporomandibular joint dysfunction. J Prosth Dent 1973;30(3):326-9. https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-3913(73)90191-1
- Franks ST. Masticatory muscle hyperactivity and temporomandibular joint dysfunction. J Prosth Dent 1965;15(6):1122-31. https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-3913(65)90188-5
- Hyun TY, Han KS. Study on the effects of unilateral chewing habit on the chewing movements. J Korean Academy of Craniomandibular Disorders 1997;9(2):27-39.
- Chung Sc, Ko MY, Kim YJ. A study on the background variables in the patients with TMJ dysfunction. Korean J Oral Medi 1983;8(1):69-76.
- Kim IA. A study on the effects of psychosocial stress on temporomandibular disorders [Master's thesis]. Cheonan: Univ. of Dankook, 2012.
- Jeong EY, Kim MR. Relationship between job-stress and temporomandibular joint disorder in dental hygienists. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2014;14(3):381-90. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2014.14.03.381
- Kim JU, Hong MH, Kim YS. Impact of stress on physical and temporomandibular joint symptoms in health-related majoring students. J Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society 2013;14(10):4919-26. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.10.4919
- Miyake R, Ohkudo R, Takehara J, Mortia M. Oral parafunction and association with symptoms of temporomandibular disorders in japanese university students. J Oral Rehabil 2004;31(6):518-23. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2842.2004.01269.x
- Jung YY, Hong JT. A study of the relation of stress to oral parafunctionl habits of male high school students. J Dent Hyg Sci 2013;13(4):471-9.
- Lee DJ, Kim KS. Epidemiologic study on the patients visited to dept of Oral Medicine -in the area of Choongnam-. Korean J Oral Medi 2006;3(1):101-11.
- Lee TY, Kim JS, Lee HE. A study on the symptom of temporomandibular disorder (TMD) and the relationship with the psychological character using Symptom Check List-90-Revision (SCL-90-R). Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society 2015;16(1): 371-9. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.1.371
- Seo EG, Kim SD, Lee JY, Rim JS. Temporomandibular disorders and risk factors in office workers, service workers, and teachers. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2012;12(3):563-76. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2012.12.3.563
- McNeill C. Management of temporomandibular disorders: concepts and controversies. J Prosthetic Dent 1997;77(5):510-22. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-3913(97)70145-8
- Oh JT, Kim O, Jeong SC. Orofacial pain and temporomandibular disorders: A study of characteristics of TMD Using RDC/TMD. Korean Academy of Orofacial Pain and Oral Med 2004;29(2):177-85.
- Lee HO, Kim SM. A study of the relation of perceived stress to oral parafunctional habits in University students. J Dent Hyg Sci 2015;15(6):721-7. https://doi.org/10.17135/jdhs.2015.15.6.721