- Volume 20 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Thermal Characteristics Analysis of Upper Arm Hybrid Structure of Lightweight Pantograph Considering Heat Source by Collecting Current
집전전류에 의한 열원을 고려한 경량 판토그래프 상부암 혼성구조체의 열 특성 분석 연구
- Park, Chan-Bae (Department of Railroad Operation System Engineering, Korea National University of Transportation) ;
- Jeong, Geochul (Department of Electrical Engineering, Hanyang University)
- Received : 2017.07.26
- Accepted : 2017.08.16
- Published : 2017.08.31
Recently, domestic railway related institutes are developing pantographs for high speed trains; to lighten the upper arm, this device has a composite structure of CFRP (Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastic) and aluminum instead of conventional steel. In the case of KTX-Sancheon, the pantograph must have a large current capacity because this system is of power-car type, supplying all necessary power for the train through a single pantograph. If the thickness of the pipe is arbitrarily increased in order to increase the current carrying capacity, without analyzing the thermal characteristics of the aluminum pipe, the increase in the weight of the upper arm may cause degradation of the current collecting performance. Therefore, in this paper, using the thermal analysis technique, we analyze the temperature change characteristics of the aluminum pipe of the upper arm over time, while receiving power at the stationary state of the KTX-Sancheon; we also examine the adequacy of the minimum thickness of the aluminum pipe in accordance with the proposed pantograph flow capacity.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Korea Railroad Research Institute (2015) Development of a low noise pantograph with light weight, The R&D project report of Korea Railroad Research Institute.
- T. Seuki, M. Ikeda, T. Takaishi (2009) Aerodynamic noise reduction using porous materials and their application to high-speed pantographs, Quarterly Report of RTRI, 50(1), pp. 26-31. https://doi.org/10.2219/rtriqr.50.26
- J. Ambrosio, J. Pombo, M. Pereira, P. Antunes, A. Mosca (2012) A computational procedure for the dynamic analysis of the catenarypantograph interaction in high-speed trains, Journal of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics, 50, pp. 681-99.
- C.B. Park (2014) Thermal analysis of IPMSM with water cooling jacket for railway vehicles, Journal of Electrical Engineering & Technology, 9(3), pp. 882-887. https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2014.9.3.882
- H. Kanzaki, K. Sato, M. Kumagai (1992) Study of an estimation method for predicting the equivalent thermal conductivity of an electric coil, Heat Transfer-Japanese Research, 1(2), pp. 123-138.
- A. Boglietti, A. Cavagnino, D. Staton (2009) Evolution and modern approaches for thermal analysis of electrical Machines, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, 56(3), pp.871-882. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2008.2011622
- S. Seghir-Ouali, D. Saury, S. Harmand, O. Phillipart, et al. (2006) Convective heat transfer inside a rotating cylinder with an axial air flow, International Journal of Thermal Sciences, 45(12), pp.1166-1178. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijthermalsci.2006.01.017
- Y. A. Cengel (2003) Heat transfer 2nd, Mcgraw-Hill.
- S.W. Jeon, M.G. Han, S.H. Chang, Y.H. Cho, C.M. Park (2015) Design of CFRP-Metal hybrid pantograph upper-arm, Composites Research, 28(5), pp. 321-326.