- Volume 20 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Comparative Study to Predict Power Generation using Meteorological Information for Expansion of Photovoltaic Power Generation System for Railway Infrastructure
철도인프라용 태양광발전시스템 확대를 위한 기상정보 활용 발전량 예측 비교 연구
- Yoo, Bok-Jong (Department of Electrical Engineering, Hanyang University) ;
- Park, Chan-Bae (Department of Railroad Operation System Engineering, Korea National University of Transportation) ;
- Lee, Ju (Department of Electrical Engineering, Hanyang University)
- Received : 2017.07.26
- Accepted : 2017.08.20
- Published : 2017.08.31
When designing photovoltaic power plants in Korea, the prediction of photovoltaic power generation at the design phase is carried out using PVSyst, PVWatts (Overseas power generation prediction software), and overseas weather data even if the test site is a domestic site. In this paper, for a comparative study to predict power generation using weather information, domestic photovoltaic power plants in two regions were selected as target sites. PVsyst, which is a commercial power generation forecasting program, was used to compare the accuracy between the predicted value of power generation (obtained using overseas weather information (Meteonorm 7.1, NASA-SSE)) and the predicted value of power generation obtained by the Korea Meteorological Administration (KMA). In addition, we have studied ways to improve the prediction of power generation through comparative analysis of meteorological data. Finally, we proposed a revised solar power generation prediction model that considers climatic factors by considering the actual generation amount.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Korean Railroad Corporation (2015) Electrical operations data, KORAIL Report 22.
- B.J. Yoo, J. Lee (2017) A study on photovoltaic power generation amount forecast at design stage for extended application in the field of railways, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 20(2), pp. 182-189. https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2017.20.2.182
- www.yonhapnews.co.kr/bulletin/2016/07/21/0200000000AKR20160721086800063.html (Accessed 11 June 2017)
- www.pvsyst.com (Accessed 27 January 2017)
- S.M. Cheong, J. S. Lee (2014) Design of photovoltaic power generation system, Eduall, 83, Moraenae-ro, Mapo-gu, Seoul, Korea, pp.103.
- B.J. Kim, J.W. Park, J.H Yun, W.C. Shin (2015) The development of performance evaluation program of building integrated photovoltaic system, Korea Institute of Ecological Architecture Environment Journal, 15 (4), pp.85-86.
- Meteonorm (2014) Meteonorm global meteorological database, Handbook Part I : Software Meteotest.
- National Institute of Meteorological Sciences (2013) Meteorological resource map data from technology development research to support green growth (2010-) and Applied Research to Develop Meteorological Technologies (2013-).
- Korea Meteorological Administration (2008) An analysis of meteorological resources for optimal utilization of solar energy
- A. M. Omar, M. Z. Hussin, S. Shaari, K. Sopian (2014) Energy yield calculation of the grid connected photovoltaic power system, 2014 8th International Conference on Renewable Energy Sources (RES 14), At Kuala Lumpur, pp.163-164.
- C. E. B. E. Sidi, M. L. Ndiaye, A. Ndiaye, P. A. Ndiaye (2015) Outdoor performance analysis of a monocrystalline photovoltaic module: Irradiance and temperature effect on exergetic efficiency, International Journal of Physical Sciences 10(11), pp.353.