- Volume 20 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Dynamic Resistance of Anchor using Blasting Test and Numerical analysis for Earthquake
발파실험과 내진해석을 통한 Anchor의 동적 저항성에 관한 연구
- Choi, Kyung-Jip (Geo Technology Korea co.,ltd, Graduate School of Railway, Seoul National University of Science & Technology) ;
- Cho, Kook-Hwan (Dept. of Railway Construction Engineering, Graduate School of Railway, Seoul National University of Science & Technology)
- Received : 2017.04.26
- Accepted : 2017.05.11
- Published : 2017.08.31
Recently, as earthquakes have occurred in Gyeongju, interest in the stability of structures against vibration from earthquakes has increased. In Korea, the capacity of load resistance is mainly considered in the design of anchors. However, the vibration resistance characteristics of anchors have not been fully elucidated. The traditional type of anchor, which is a frictional resistance anchor, is often reported to fail due to vibration in construction procedures, such as blasting. The expansion type of anchor, on the other hand, could have more resistance to vibration but its capability of demonstrating vibratory resistance has to be investigated. In order to verify the vibratory resistance characteristics of expansion anchors against blasting and earthquake vibration, field tests and numerical analyses for seismic wave were performed. Field blasting test results show that the expansion anchor has better capability against vibratory load than does the frictional type anchor. Numerical analysis to earthquake also show that the expansion type anchor provides more resistance than does the frictional type anchor.
Supported by : 서울과학기술대학교
- N.K. Kim, S.K. Kim, Y.S. Joo, H.K. Seo, S.J. Kim (2009), Expansion ratio and ultimate load of pulse-discharge bulbed anchors, Journal of the Korean Geotechnical Society, 25(7), pp. 5-10.
- T.S. Kim, B.K. Sim, K.S. Lee, I.M. Lee (2010) The effect of pressurized grouting on pullout resistance and the group effect of compression ground anchor, Journal of the Korean Geotechnical Society, 26(6), pp. 5-19.
- Niroumand, H. and Kassim, K.A. (2010) Analytical and numerical study of horizontal anchor plate in cohesionless soils, Electronic Journal of Geotechnical Engineering, 15, pp. 281-291.
- K.N. Min, K.K. Ahn, J.B. Lee, H.J. Park, J.W. Lee, J.K. Lee (2010) The applicability evaluation on the ground type anchor with field test, The Korean Society of Engineering Geology 2010 Autumn Conference, Korea, pp. 59-63.
- D.J. Wald, V. Quitoriano, T.H. Heaton, H. Kanamori (1999) Relationship between peak ground acceleration, peak ground velocity, and modified Mercalli intensity in California, Earthquake Spectra, 15(3), p. 557-564. https://doi.org/10.1193/1.1586058