- Volume 20 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Station Capacity Calculation on High-Speed Railway Considering the number of Sidings and Train Halting Patterns
부본선 및 정차패턴을 고려한 고속철도 정거장 용량산정
- Joo, JinHyeong (Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Kim, KyungMin (Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Oh, SukMun (Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Lim, KwangMan (Korea Railroad Authority Corporation) ;
- Park, OhSung (Korea Railroad Authority Corporation)
- Received : 2017.04.11
- Accepted : 2017.07.27
- Published : 2017.08.31
This paper proposes an analytical methodology of station capacity calculation on high - speed railway. Our method explicitly takes into account the effect of the number of sidings and the combination of train halting patterns (stop - stop, pass - stop, stop - pass, pass - pass) on the capacity of a station. To verify the reliability of our model, we conducted capacity analysis of selected stations using the Railsys simulator. We found that the difference in calculated capacity between our model and Railsys was less than 10%. After Monte Carlo simulation, our model was determined to be a good one. In addition, the consistency in capacity between our model and the train-path allocation program (Korea Rail Network Authority) was statistically significant.
Supported by : 한국철도시설공단, 한국철도기술연구원
- C.G. Chun, S.B. Chung, B.K. Namhung (2012) Development of optimal train operation system in bottle-neck section according to the opening of high speed railway in Seoul metropolitan area, Journal of the Korean society for railway, 15(6), pp. 631-637 https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2012.15.6.631
- H.J. Kim (2013) Study on the capacity calculation of high-speed rail bottleneck section according to the train operation pattern, Conference of the Korean society for railway, Daegu, pp. 577-582.
- Japan National Railway Operation Department (1951) Theory and practice on railway track capacity.
- Transportation Research Board National Research Council (1996) TCRP Report 13 rail transit capacity.
- J.B Choi, J.S. Lee, H.S. Ki (2016) Method for calculating the line capacity using computer aided simulation, Journal of the Korean society for railway, 19(4), pp. 555-563 https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2016.19.4.555
- S.M. Oh, H.L. Rho, Y.H. Kim, S.H. Hong (2012) A comparative study on methods of assessing railroad track capacity, Journal of the Korean society for railway, 15(6), pp. 470-681
- H. Kim (2008) Development of regional railway capacity estimation model considering service level, The Korea transport institute, 15(1), pp. 11-26
- P. Connor (2011) Rules for HSL line capacity, railway Technical Web Page, Infopaper No.3, PRC Rail Consulting Ltd.
- D. Emery (2009) Headways on high speed lines, World Congress Railway Research.
- X. Li, B. Han, D. Li (2011) Section carrying capacity management system of high-speed railway in China, Management and Service Science (MASS), 2011 International Conference on. IEEE, Wuhan.
- Y.-C. Lai, Y.-H. Liu, Y.-J. Lin (2015) Standardization of capacity unit for headway-based rail capacity analysis, Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies, 57, pp. 68-84 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.trc.2015.05.013
- Y.T. Kim (2003) Signal control system, Techmedia
- A. McNaughton (2011) Signalling headway and maximum operational capacity on high speed two london to West Midlands route, High Speed Two Ltd.
- B.S. Kim (2010) General driving theory, Iljinsa, Seoul, p.363.
- International Union of Railways (2013), UIC code 406 Capacity.
- H.L. Rho (2016) Railway operation simulation S/W-Railsys, Journal of the Korean society for railway, 19(1), pp. 69-73
- L.J. Cronbach (1951) Coefficient alpha and the internal structure of tests, Psychometrika, 16(3), pp. 297-334 https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02310555