- Volume 20 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Case Study on Risk Assessment of Railway Infrastructure Sections Using Acceptable Risk Matrix
위험도 매트릭스를 활용한 철도시설물 구간 위험도평가의 사례연구
- Shin, Duck-ho (Railroad Safety Research Division, Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Park, Chan-woo (Railroad Safety Research Division, Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Chae, Eunkyung (Railroad Safety Research Division, Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Lee, June-Seok (Railroad Safety Research Division, Korea Railroad Research Institute)
- Received : 2017.04.26
- Accepted : 2017.08.03
- Published : 2017.08.31
Owing to the established international standards for reliability and safety management of railways and the third-part conformity assessment implementation, quantitative risk assessment focusing on communication system related to railway safety has being implemented. The quantitative risk assessment starts from the establishment of quantitative RAMS requirements; the risk has to be maintained under an acceptable safety level. This paper introduces the risk assessment process based on international standards ; risk assessment was conducted using failure data for railway facilities for about 5.5 years. In addition, based on the results, a scientific risk management method for railway facilities is suggested.
Supported by : 한국철도기술연구원
- International Electrotechnical Commission (2002) Railway application-specification and demonstration of RAMS, IEC 62278:2002.
- The Ministry of Land (2016) 3rd Railway Safety Comprehensive Plan (2016-2020), major tasks - Improvement of safety of railway infrastructure, Infrastructure and Transport's Notification No. 2016-394.
- D.K. Shin, J.H. Lee, K.M. Lee, J.K. Hwang et al. (2006). A study on the safety demonstration of train control system, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway 9(4), pp. 412-418.
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport (2015) Railway safety innovation 3.0, current status and conditions forecast.
- Korea Railroad Corporation (2012) Railway accident casebook 13th.
- Korea Railroad Research Institute (2016) Safety indicator development and risk assessment study of railway facilities, Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport.
- Korea Railroad Research Institute (2011) Railway accident risk analysis and evaluation system, Korea Agency for Infrastructure Technology Advancement.
- M.S. Kim, J.B. Wang, C.W. Park, Y.O. Cho (2009) Development of the risk assessment model for railway level-crossing accidents by Using The ETA and FTA. Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 12(6), 936-943.
- C.D. Bum, W.J. Bae, S.L. Kwak, C.W. Park et al. (2008) Development of the risk assessment model for train collision and derailment, Korean Society for Railway 2008 Spring Conference, Jeju, pp. 1505-1510.
- Ministry of Land (2013) Technical standards for railway facilities, Chapter 2 Section 6 Article 102, Infrastructure and Transport's Notification No. 2013-839.
- Brian Tomlinson, Network Rail (2017) Improving safety: can Big Data help?, RSSB, Big Data Risk Analysis Symposium
- Sebastien Blanchard, SNCF (2017) Big Data Risk for SNCF.