- Volume 17 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Analysis of Gaze Related to Cooperation, Competition and Focus Levels
협력, 경쟁, 집중 수준에 따른 시선 분석
- Received : 2017.05.30
- Accepted : 2017.07.25
- Published : 2017.09.28
Emotional interaction in virtual reality is necessary of social communication. However, social emotion has been tried to be less recognized quantitatively. This study was to determined social gaze of emotion in business domain. 417 emotion words were collected and 16 emotion words were selected to Goodness of Fit. Emotion word were mapped into 2 dimensional space through multidimensional scaling analysis. Then, X axis defined dimensions of cooperation, competition, and Y axis of low focus and high focus through the FGD. 52 subjects were presented to stimuli for emotion and gaze movement data were collected. Independent t-test results showed that the gaze factor increased in the face, eye, and nose areas at cooperation, and the gaze factor increased in the right face and nose areas at the low focus. It is expected that this will be used as a basic research to evaluate emotions needed in business environment in virtual space.
Gaze Movement;Word Modelling;Cooperation;Competition;Level of Focus
Grant : 실감교류 인체감응솔루션
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- 이연택, 공유와소통의디자인연구: 테이블디자인을중심으로, 홍익대학교 국제디자인전문대학원 제품디자인과, 석사학위논문, 2015.
- 한상완, "정보조사제공에 있어서 비 언어적 키뮤니케이션의 응용모형개발을 위한 실증적 연구," 한국문헌정보학회지, 제25권, pp.73-150, 1993.
- 박미자, 신수길, 한광희, 황상민, "감성 측정을 위한 우리말 형용사의 의미구조," 감성과학, 제1권, 제2호, pp.1-11, 1998.
- 홍순구, "애니메이션 캐릭터의 표정연출 유형 연구," 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제6권, 제8호, pp.165-174, 2006.
- M. M. Haith, T. Bergman, and M. J. Moore, "Eye contact and face scanning in early infancy," Science, Vol.198, No.4319, pp.853-855, 1977(11). https://doi.org/10.1126/science.918670
- M. Tomasello, B. Hare, H. Lehmann, and J. Call, "Reliance on head versus eyes in the gaze following of great apes and human infants: the cooperative eye hypothesis," J. Hum. Evol., Vol.52, No.3, pp.314-320, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhevol.2006.10.001
- 이상범, 호요성, "Kinect 깊이 카메라를 이용한실감 원격 영상회의의 시선 맞춤 시스템," 한국통신학회 논문지, 제37권, 제4호, pp.277-282, 2012.
- J. A. Russell, "Evidence of convergent validity on the dimensions of affect," J. Pers. Soc. Psychol., Vol.36, No.10, p.1152, 1978. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-3522.214.171.1242
- A. J. Glenstrup and T. Engell-Nielsen, "Eye controlled media: Present and future state," University of Copenhagen, DK-2100, 1995.
- H. Choi and D. Shin, "Eye-Tracking on Inservice Elementary Teachers' Interpreting of Science Textbook Tables," Journal of Korean Elementary Science Education, Vol.31, No.3, pp.358-371, 2012.
- L. Schilbach, "Eye to eye, face to face and brain to brain: novel approaches to study the behavioral dynamics and neural mechanisms of social interactions," Current Opinion in Behavioral Sciences, Vol.3, pp.130-135, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cobeha.2015.03.006
- D. Kierkels and L. van Bommel, "Affective Gaming-Using Games as a Tool for Inducing Emotions," Human Aspects of Information Technology), Tilburg University, Tilburg.(10-009), 2010.
- K. Salen and E. Zimmerman, Rules of play: Game design fundamentals, MIT press, 2004.
- J. A. Russell and G. Pratt, "A description of the affective quality attributed to environments," J. Pers. Soc. Psychol., Vol.38, No.2, p.311, 1980. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35126.96.36.1991
- S. Shahid, E. Krahmer, and M. Swerts, "Video-mediated and co-present gameplay: Effects of mutual gaze on game experience, expressiveness and perceived social presence," Interact Comput, Vol.24, No.4, pp.292-305, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.intcom.2012.04.006
- S. Al Moubayed, J. Edlund, and J. Gustafson, Analysis of gaze and speech patterns in three-party quiz game interaction, pp.1126-1130, 2013.
- X. Cui, D. M. Bryant, and A. L. Reiss, "NIRS-based hyperscanning reveals increased interpersonal coherence in superior frontal cortex during cooperation," Neuroimage, Vol.59, No.3, pp.2430-2437, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.neuroimage.2011.09.003
- J. Decety, P. L. Jackson, J. A. Sommerville, T. Chaminade, and A. N. Meltzoff, "The neural bases of cooperation and competition: an fMRI investigation," Neuroimage, Vol.23, No.2, pp.744-751, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.neuroimage.2004.05.025
- 이영옥, 이정숙, "아동의 문제행동, 자기 통제력 및 사회적 유능성에 대한 놀이를 이용한 집단미술치료와 집단미술치료의 효과비교 연구," 미술치료연구, 제17권, pp.3-26, 2010.
- G. Knoblich and J. S. Jordan, "Action coordination in groups and individuals: learning anticipatory control," Journal of Experimental Psychology: Learning, Memory, and Cognition, Vol.29, No.5, p.1006, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1037/0278-73188.8.131.526
- N. Ravaja, T. Saari, M. Turpeinen, J. Laarni, M. Salminen, and M. Kivikangas, "Spatial presence and emotions during video game playing: Does it matter with whom you play?," Presence: Teleoperators and Virtual Environments, Vol.15, No.4, pp.381-392, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1162/pres.15.4.381
- N. Sebanz, G. Knoblich, and W. Prinz, "How two share a task: corepresenting stimulus-response mappings," Journal of Experimental Psychology: Human Perception and Performance, Vol.31, No.6, p.1234, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1037/0096-15184.108.40.2064
- G. Bailly, S. Raidt, and F. Elisei, "Gaze, conversational agents and face-to-face communication," Speech Communication, Vol.52, No.6, pp.598-612, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.specom.2010.02.015
- J. Campos, P. Alves-Oliveira, and A. Paiva, "Looking for Conflict: Gaze Dynamics in a Dyadic Mixed-Motive Game," Auton. Agents Multi-Agent Syst., Vol.30, No.1, pp.112-135, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10458-015-9282-8
- S. Baron‐Cohen, S. Wheelwright, J. Hill, Y. Raste, and I. Plumb, "The "Reading the Mind in the Eyes" test revised version: A study with normal adults, and adults with Asperger syndrome or high-functioning autism," Journal of child psychology and psychiatry, Vol.42, No.2, pp.241-251, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1111/1469-7610.00715
- J. N. Buchan, M. Pare, and K. G. Munhall, "Spatial statistics of gaze fixations during dynamic face processing," Social Neuroscience, Vol.2, No.1, pp.1-13, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1080/17470910601043644
- M. I. Posner, "Orienting of attention," Q. J. Exp. Psychol., Vol.32, No.1, pp.3-25, 1980. https://doi.org/10.1080/00335558008248231
- 윤자정, 조택연, "비주의적 (非注意的) 시각정보 처리를 고려한 미디어 공간 연구," 한국공간디자인학회 논문집, 제29권(단일호), pp.123-132, 2014.
- M. Argyle, Bodily communication Routledge, 2013.
- P. Bakan, Hypnotizability, laterality of eye-movements and functional brain asymmetry, Percept. Mot. Skills, 1969.