- Volume 17 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Cyclical Analysis of Construction Business Using Filtering Model
국내 건설경기의 순환변동 분석
- Received : 2017.07.17
- Accepted : 2017.08.24
- Published : 2017.09.28
This paper examines the cyclical fluctuation of 'construction orders' and 'construction investment' using HP filter, Bandpass filter and Beveridge-Nelson decomposition methods. The main results are as follows. As a result of the analysis of the cyclical fluctuation of construction orders, it was analyzed that there were about 7 cyclical fluctuations from 1976 to the first quarter of 2017. Construction orders for cyclical fluctuations peaked in the second quarter of 2015 and turned to a downward trend. On the other hand, construction investment has experienced about 6 cycles of fluctuations during the same period, and it has been rising continuously since the bottom of 3Q12. This is consistent with the general theory that construction orders precede construction investments. In addition, the comparison of the construction orders, construction investment, and GDP amplitude shows that the GDP amplitude is the smallest and stable, and the construction orders have the greatest variation in amplitude. Therefore, construction orders should be adjusted by government policy depending on economic fluctuations.
Construction Business Cycle;Construction Orders;Construction Investment;Hodrick-Prescott Filter;Band Pass Filter;Beveridge-Nelson Decomposition
- 강두용, 민성환, 최근 실물경기의 건설투자 의존 구조, 산업연구원, e-kiet 산업경제정보 제633호, 2016.
- 이홍일, 박철한, 최근 건설투자의 경제성장 기여도 확대 의미, 한국건설산업연구원 건설이슈포커스, 2016.
- F. Canova, "Detrending and Business Cycle Facts," Journal of Monetary Economics, Vol.41, pp.475-512, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0304-3932(98)00006-3
- P. K. Clark, "The cyclical component of U.S, economic activity," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Vol.102, pp.797-814, 1987. https://doi.org/10.2307/1884282
- J. Stock and M. Watson, "Business Cycle Fluctuations in U.S. Macroeconomic Time Series," Handbook of Macroeconomics, edited by J. Taylor and M. Woodford, North Holland, Vol.1A, pp.3-64, 1999.
- P. Perron and T. Wada, "Let's take a break: Trends and cycles in US real GDP," Journal of Monetary Economics, Vol.56, pp.749-765, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmoneco.2009.08.001
- 김혜원, "한국의 경기순환분석," 통계연구, 제9권, 제1호, pp.29-52, 2004.
- 황영진, "DSGE 모형을 이용한 추세와 경기순환 변동분의 분해," 한국개발연구, 제34권, 제4호, pp.118-156, 2012.
- 김진옥, 강기춘, "실질환율의 추세 및 순환요인의 분해," 한국경제학보, 제3권, 제1호, pp.95-117, 1996.
- M. Y. Chen, Kawaguchi, and K. Patel, "An analysis of the trends and cyclical behaviors of house prices in the Asian markets," Journal of Property Investment & Finance, Vol.22, pp.55-75, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1108/14635780410525144
- S. Clark and T. D. Coggin, "Trends, Cycles and Convergence in U.S. Regional House Prices," Journal of Real Estate Finance Econ, Vol.39, pp.264-283, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11146-009-9183-1
- 강민석, 조주현, "주택경기 순환주기 분석," 주택연구, 제13권, 제3호, pp.69-95, 2005.
- 이영수, 박상현, "우리나라 주택가격의 추세-순환 분해 및 평균회귀 현상 분석," 부동산학연구, 제19권, 제4호, pp.41-54, 2013.
- 황영진, "한국 주택가격의 경기 순환: 특징 및 함의," 부동산학연구, 제21권, 제4호, pp.19-33, 2015.
- 왕세종, 강민석, 건설 경기의 순환 변동 분석, 한국건설산업연구원 건설산업동향, 2004.
- 박선구, 김태준, "건설경기 변동이 건설보증시장에 미치는 영향," 건설경제산업연구 제3권, 제1호, pp.45-76, 2012.
- M. Ravn and H. Uhlig, "On Adjusting the Hodrick-Prescott Filter for the Frequency of Observations," Review of Economics and Statistics, Vol.84, pp.371-380, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1162/003465302317411604
- L. Christiano and T. Fitzgerald, "The Bandpass Filter," International Economic Review, Vol.44, pp.435-465, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1111/1468-2354.t01-1-00076
- 정현상, 제조업 경기변동과 고용, 한국노동연구원, 월간 노동리뷰, pp.67-78, 2015.
- S. Beveridge and C. Nelson, "A New Approach to Decomposition of Economic Time Series into Permanent and Transitory Components with Particular Attention to Measurement of the Business Cycle," Journal of Monetary Economics, Vol.7, pp.51-174, 1981.
- A. Maravall, "Stochastic Linear Trends: Models and Estimators," Journal of Econometrics, Vol.56, pp.3-35, 1993.