- Volume 8 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
A phenomenological convergence study on the experience of middle-aged men menopause
중년 남성의 갱년기 경험에 관한 현상학적 융합 연구
- Jeon, Hye-Won (Department of Nursing, Kkottongnae University) ;
- Kim, Sun-Ae (Department of Nursing, Kkottongnae University)
- Received : 2017.08.23
- Accepted : 2017.09.11
- Published : 2017.09.28
The purpose of this study was to understand the meaning of menopausal age experienced by middle-aged men and to understand the nature of menopause perceive. Data were collected using the qualitative research method and Colaizzi's method was used to analyze. The results of the study showed that six categories and 19 themes and 44 themes of Physical changes, Psychological changes, Changes of work performance, Positive changes, Climacteric perception, Overcoming menopause The results of this study are expected to use basic data for the development and application of nursing intervention program from a future perspective.
본 연구의 목적은 중년 남성이 경험한 갱년기의 의미를 파악하고 그들이 인식하는 갱년기의 어떠한지 본질을 이해하고 탐색하고자 하는 것이다. 자료조사는 질적 연구방법 중 현상학적 방법을 이용하였으며 40대와 50대의 남성을 대상으로 하여 수집한 자료로서 Colaizzi의 분석방법을 활용하였다. 연구 결과 중년 남성이 경험한 갱년기는 신체적 변화, 심리적 변화, 업무 수행 능력의 변화, 긍정적 변화, 갱년기 인식의 계기, 갱년기를 극복함의 6개의 범주와 19개의 주제모음, 44개의 주제로 도출되었다. 본 연구의 결과들은 향후 융합적 관점에서 간호중재 프로그램의 개발과 적용의 기초자료 활용이 기대된다.
Supported by : 꽃동네대학교
- Korean Statistical Information Service. http://kosis.kr/statisticsList/statisticsList_01List.jsp?vwcd=MT_ZTITLE&parmTabId=M_01_01#SubCont, 2015.
- D. J. Levinson, "The seasons of a man's life, New York: ballantine Book. 1978.
- S. H. Ko "Breast cancer in Young women", The Journal of Hee University, Vol. 21, No. 1, pp. 31-36, 2005.
- Y. C. Chang, H. J. LEE. "The Effect of Stress in Middle Life Crisis on Job Attitude", Journal of Business Ethics, Vol. 9 No. 0, pp. 127-149, 2005.
- K. H. Han, J. H. Lee "Now, when you talk about middle age", kyomungak, 2012.
- K. M. Kim, "Late onset Hypogonadism", Korean J Fam Pract, Vol 3, No. 3, pp. 245-254, 2013.
- K. S. Min, D. I. Jang. "Testosterone replacement therapy and monitoring for the male patients with testosterone deficiency syndrome", J Korean Med Assoc, Vol. 54, No. 2, pp. 197-204. 2011. https://doi.org/10.5124/jkma.2011.54.2.197
- K. E. Kim, K. Kwak, H. Y. Min, J. Choi, S. Y. Jeon,. "an Investigation into Mid-life as it is Perceived by Middle Aged Korea Men", The Korean Journal of the Human development. Vol. 18, No. 3. pp. 135-155, 2011.
- G. A. Laughlin ,E. Barrett-Connor, J. Bergstrom, "Low Serum Testosterone and Mortality in Older Men. J Clin Endocrinol Metab, Vol. 93, pp. 68-75, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1210/jc.2007-1792
- M. W. Lee, H. Park. "A Study on Late-onset of Hypogonadism, Erectile Dysfunction, Depression, and Quality of Life among Middle-aged Male Worker", Vol.25, No. 5, pp. 483-493, 2013. https://doi.org/10.7475/kjan.2013.25.5.483
- S. J. Yoo, Male Climacteric Syndrome -Late Onset Hypogonadism(LOH) in Males-, Korean journal of Medicin, Vol. 75, No. 3, pp. 262-266, 2008.
- N. I. Lee, "Phenomenology and Qualitative Research Method", Journal of Korean Association for Qualitative Research, Vol. 9, No. 0, pp. 91-121, 2010.
- Y. S. Lincoln, E. G. Guba, " Naturalistic Inquiry", Newbury, Park, CA: Sage, pp. 300-316, 1985.
- P. F. Colaizzi, "Psychological research as the Phenomenologist Views It, in R. S. Valle, and M. King (Eds), Existential- phenomenological Alternatives for Psychology, New York, NY: Oxford University Press, pp. 48-71, 1978.
- A. S. Kim, " Digital era, A Middle-aged Problem", Journal of Korean Home Management Association, Proceedings of the KHMA Conference, Nov, pp. 9-17, 2001.
- N. H. Jo, C. H. Seong, "Effects of Stress and self Esteem on Depression in Middel-Aged Women and Middle-Aged Men", Journal of the Korean Convergence Society, Vol. 7, No. 6, pp. 89-97, 2016.
- T. Y. Ahn, "Diagnosis and Treatment of Andropause", Korean journal of internal medicine, Vol.68, No. 1, pp. 123-126, 2005.
- A. A. Werner, "the Male Climacteric", the Journal of the Americn Medical Association, Vol. 112, No, $, pp. 1441-1443, 1939. https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.1939.02800150013004
- M. R. Kabir, M. Al-Amin, M. A. Siddique, "Andropause: The male Climacterium", The Journal of Teachera Association, Vol. 21, No. 1, pp. 87-92, 2008.
- M. G. Park, S. C. Kang, T. W. Lee, S. H. Kang, D. G. Moon, J. J. Kim, "Attitude of Korean Males toward Late-Onset Hypogonadism : Survey of Males in Their 40s and Above", Korean journal of andrology Vol. 25, No. 1, pp. 26-31, 2007.
- ML, Heo S. B. Im, "Depression and Health Promoting Behavior Depending on the Climacteric Symptoms of Middle-aged Male Workers", Korean Journal of Occupational Health Nursing, Vol. 21, No. 3, pp. 239-246, 2012. https://doi.org/10.5807/kjohn.2012.21.3.239
- "Contribution of Age Distribution to Death Rates of Intentional Self-harm: 1985-89 and 2010-14", J Health Info Stat, Vol. 41, No. 4, pp. 411-416, 2016.
- E. H. Seo, E. Y. Kim, E. Y. Jung, "The Effects of Climacteric Symptom and Hardiness on Mid-Life Crisis", Journal of Korean Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, Vol. 17, No. 4, pp. 454-463, 2016. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2016.17.4.454
- T. H. Ha, "Development of the Structural Model of Middle-aged Men's Subjective Quality of Life", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 5, pp. 125-135, 2016. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.5.125
- H. S. Kim, S. S. Kim "A Converged Study about Influences of Job Stress, Job Security, Depression, Family Bond, Subjective Health Status, Social Support on Quality of Life in Married Middle-Aged Male", Journal of the Korean Convergence Society, Vol. 8, No. 3, pp. 101-114, 2017.
- S. M. Ok, H. S. Jeon, "The Effects of Spouse Support and Cognitive Strategy for Emotional Regulation on Retirement Anxiety of Middle Aged Men", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 12, pp. 599-605, 2016. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.12.599
- S. O. Kang, K. S. Ha, "Relation between the Middle aged' s Perception of Successful Aging and their Preparations for the Old Age", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 11, No. 12, pp. 121-144, 2013. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2013.11.12.121