- Volume 61 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Changes in Characteristics of Mentor Interaction in Collaborative Mentoring
협력적 멘토링에서 나타나는 멘토의 상호작용 특징 변화
- Park, Jihun (Department of Chemistry Education, Pusan National University) ;
- Son, Eunjee (Department of Chemistry Education, Pusan National University) ;
- Lee, Seonwoo (Department of Chemistry Education, Pusan National University) ;
- Nam, Jeonghee (Department of Chemistry Education, Pusan National University)
- Received : 2016.11.08
- Accepted : 2017.07.23
- Published : 2017.10.20
The purpose of this study was to investigate characteristics of interaction in mentoring conversations and to examine how the interaction features change as mentor teachers have more mentoring experiences. Participants of this study were three mentor who have over 17 years' teaching experience and six beginning science teachers. For this study, one-to-one mentoring dialogue recordings and transcripts were collected and the dialogues were analyzed by utilizing an analytical framework of interaction. the result of analyzing characteristics of mentors' interaction shows that mentors used simple questions and support the most when they started mentoring conversation. the change of characteristics of mentor's interactions indicates three mentors tended to use more thought-provoking questions in the
Collaborative mentoring;Mentor-mentee interaction
- Park, Y.; Eun, J. Social Studies Education 2011, 50, 49.
- Bianchini, A.; Solomon, M. Journal of Research in Science Teaching 2003, 40, 53. https://doi.org/10.1002/tea.10060
- Go, M.; Nam, J. Journal of the Korean Association for Research in Science Education 2010, 33, 94.
- Go, M.; Lee, S.; Choi, J.; Nam, J. The Korean Association for Research in Science Education 2009, 29, 564.
- Luft, J. A. International Journal of Science Education 2009, 31, 2355. https://doi.org/10.1080/09500690802369367
- Nam, J.; Lee, S.; Lim, J.; Moon, S. Journal of the Korean Association for Research in Science Education 2010, 30, 953.
- Appleton, K.; Kindt, I. International Journal of Science Education 1999, 21, 155. https://doi.org/10.1080/095006999290769
- Zanting, A.; Verloop, N.; Vermunt, J. D.; Van Driel, J. H. European Journal of Teacher Education 1998, 21, 11. https://doi.org/10.1080/0261976980210104
- Guskey, T. R. Journal of Staff Development 1994, 15, 42.
- O'Conner, C. L.; Ertmer, P. A. Academy of Educational Leadership Journal 2006, 10, 97.
- Feiman-Nemser, S.; Parker, M. B. International Journal of Educational Research 1993, 19, 699. https://doi.org/10.1016/0883-0355(93)90010-H
- Huling-Austin, L. Handbook of Research in Teacher Education; Macmilln; New York, U.S.A., 1990.
- Joe, H.; Kim, H. Journal of Future Early Childhood Education 2005, 12, 227.
- Kim, H.; Kim, H.; Yang, M. Journal of Young Child Studies 2007, 10, 103.
- Odell, S. J.; Ferraw, D. P. Journal of Teacher Eduction 1992, 43, 200. https://doi.org/10.1177/0022487192043003006
- Park, H.; Seong, S.; Jeong, D. Journal of the Korean Association for Research in Science Education 2011, 31, 1055.
- Choi, J. The Effects of Teacher's Reflection Thinking for Teaching on Teaching Behavior. Ph.D. Thesis, Korea National University of Education, Cheongju, Korea, 1996.
- Jo, S. Changes in Physical Education Teaching Behaviors Elementary School Teachers Through Reflection. ph. D. Thesis, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea, 1998.
- Lee, J. The Journal of Korean Teacher Education 2002, 19, 169.
- Porter, A. C.; Youngs, P.; Odden, A. Advane in Teacher Assessments and Their Uses. In Handbook of research on teaching; Richardson, V. Ed.; AERA: Washington, DC; pp 259-297.
- Choi, S.; Kwon, J.; Nam, J. Journal of the Korean Chemical Society 2014, 58, 638. https://doi.org/10.5012/jkcs.2014.58.6.638
- Malderez, A.; Bodoczky, C. Mentor Courses: A Resource Book for Trainertrainers; Cambridge University Press: Cambridge, 1999.
- Bradbury, L. U.; Koballa, T. R. Teaching and Teacher Education 2008, 24, 2132. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tate.2008.03.002
- Nam, J.; Ko, M.; Lee, S.; Go, M.; Sung, H. Journal of the Korean Association for Research in Science Education 2012, 32, 1613.
- Friedrichsen, P.; Chval, K. B.; Teuscher, D. School Science and Mathematics 2007, 107, 169. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1949-8594.2007.tb17781.x
- Lee, S. Analysis of the Effect on Collaborative Mentoring Program for Development of Mentor Standards in Secondary Science Teaching. Ph. D. Thesis, Pusan National University, Busan, Korea, 2015.
- Feiman-Nemser, S. Teachers College Record 2001, 103, 1013. https://doi.org/10.1111/0161-4681.00141
- Bullough, R. V. Teaching and Teacher Education, 2005, 21, 143. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tate.2004.12.002