- Volume 33 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Maxillary removable partial overdenture within Locator Root Attachment in a retained root: a case report
소수 잔존 치근에 Locator Root Attachment를 활용한 상악 가철성 국소의치 증례
- Shin, Jin-Ho (Design Dental Cilinic)
- 신진호 (디자인치과의원)
- Received : 2017.04.18
- Accepted : 2017.08.28
- Published : 2017.09.30
If maintaining oral few retained root when planning the removable prosthesis, it is possible to obtain a more comfortable and functional result. In this case report, 'Locator Root Attachment' was used to maxillary removable overdenture in patients with a few teeth and retained root. A functionally proper clinical result from attachment after clinical and radiographic analysis was observed in this case.
- Zarb GA, Hobkirk J, Eckert S, Jacob R. Prosthodontic treatment for edentulous patients: complete dentures and implant-supported prostheses. 12th ed. St. Louis; Elsevier Health Sciences; 2013. p.160-76.
- Langer Y, Langer A. Root-retained overdentures: Part I - Biomechanical and clinical aspects. J Prosthet Dent 1991;66:784-9. https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-3913(91)90416-T
- Renner RP, Gomes BC, Shakun ML, Baer PN, Davis RK, Camp P. Four-year longitudinal study of the periodontal health status of overdenture patients. J Prosthet Dent 1984;51:593-8. https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-3913(84)90399-8
- Trakas T, Michalakis K, Kang K, Hirayama H. Attachment systems for implant retained overdentures: a literature review. Implant Dent 2006;15:24-34. https://doi.org/10.1097/01.id.0000202419.21665.36
- Schneider AL, Kurtzman GM. Bar overdentures utilizing the Locator attachment. Gen Dent 2001;49:210-4.