- Volume 33 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Implant impression using closed mouth impression technique: a case report
폐구인상채득법을 이용한 임플란트 인상채득 증례
- Kim, So-Yeun (Dental Clinic Center, Pusan National University Hosptial) ;
- Kim, Joo-Hyeun (Nanum E Dental clinic) ;
- Jung, Kyoung-Hwa (Dental Clinic Center, Pusan National University Hosptial) ;
- Jeon, Hye-Mi (Dental Clinic Center, Pusan National University Hosptial) ;
- Kang, Eun-Sook (Department of Prosthodontics, In-Je University Haeundae Paik Hospital) ;
- Yun, Mi-Jung (Department of Prosthodontics, School of Dentistry, Pusan National University)
- 김소연 (부산대학교병원 치과진료센터) ;
- 김주현 (나눔E치과의원) ;
- 정경화 (부산대학교병원 치과진료센터) ;
- 전혜미 (부산대학교병원 치과진료센터) ;
- 강은숙 (인제대학교 해운대백병원 치과보철과) ;
- 윤미정 (부산대학교 치의학전문대학원 치과보철학교실)
- Received : 2017.07.19
- Accepted : 2017.08.21
- Published : 2017.09.30
Closed mouth impression technique by using bite tray is preferred for single tooth impression taking. However, for implant impression taking, open mouth impression technique by using single arch tray is generally used whether it is for single implant or multiple implant. Closed mouth impression technique by using bite tray can save time and materials. It also decreases the chance of error occurrence when a model is mounted on an articulator. In this case report, we tried to show a satisfying result of fabricating single implant fixed prosthodontics after bite tray impression taking by using two different copings for closed mouth impression.
Supported by : 부산대학교병원
- de Lima LM, Borges GA, Junior LH, Spohr AM. In vivo study of the accuracy of dual-arch impressions. J Int Oral Health 2014;6:50-5.
- Burke FJ, Crisp RJ. A practice-based assessment of the handling of a fast-setting polyvinyl siloxane impression material used with the dual-arch tray technique. Quintessence Int 2001;32:805-10.
- Carr AB. Comparison of impression techniques for a five-implant mandibular model. Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 1991;6:448-55.
- Sekine H, Komiyama Y, Potta H, Yoshida K. Mobility characteristics and tactile sensitivity of osseointegrated fixture-supporting systems. In: van Steenberghe D, Albrektsson T, Branemark PI, Henry PJ, Holt R, Liden G, editors. Tissue integration in oral and maxillofacial reconstruction. Amsterdam; Excerpta Medica; 1986. p. 326-32.
- Tautin FS. Impression making for osseointegrated dentures. J Prosthet Dent 1985;54:250-1. https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-3913(85)90299-9
- Assif D, Fenton A, Zarb G, Schmitt A. Comparative accuracy of implant impression procedures. Int J Periodontics Restorative Dent 1992;12:112-21.
- Parker MH, Cameron SM, Hughbanks JC, Reid DE. Comparison of occlusal contacts in maximum intercuspation for two impression techniques. J Prosthet Dent 1997;78:255-9. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-3913(97)70023-4
- Suzuki Y, Shimpo H, Ohkubo C, Kurtz KS. Fabrication of fixed implant prostheses using function bite impression technique (FBI technique). J Prosthodont Res 2012;56:293-6. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpor.2012.02.005
- Liou AD, Nicholls JI, Yuodelis RA, Brudvik JS. Accuracy of replacing three tapered transfer impression copings in two elastomeric impression materials. Int J Prosthodont 1993;6:377-83.
- Siamos G, Winkler S, Boberick KG. Relationship between implant preload and screw loosening on implant-supported prostheses. J Oral Implantol 2002;28:67-73. https://doi.org/10.1563/1548-1336(2002)028<0067:TRBIPA>2.3.CO;2
- Adell R, Lekholm U, Rockler B, Branemark PI. A 15-year study of osseointegrated implants in the treatment of the edentulous jaw. Int J Oral Surg 1981;10:387-416. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0300-9785(81)80077-4
- Chee W, Jivraj S. Impression techniques for implant dentistry. Br Dent J 2006;201:429-32. https://doi.org/10.1038/sj.bdj.4814118
- Neobiotech. Pickcap Kit. Available from: http://www.neobiotechus.com/index.php/others/pickcap-kit.html (updated 2017 July 11).
- Ockert-Eriksson G, Eriksson A, Lockowandt P, Eriksson O. Materials for interocclusal records and their ability to reproduce a 3-dimensional jaw relationship. Int J Prosthodont 2000;13:152-8.