- Volume 18 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Analysis of Factors Affecting Market Opening and Import of Agricultural Products Following the Implementation of FTAs
FTA 이행에 따른 시장개방과 농산물 수입에 영향을 미치는 요인분석
- Received : 2017.06.20
- Accepted : 2017.09.15
- Published : 2017.09.30
In this study, the causal relationship between the main factors influencing the import of agricultural products and the changes in agricultural imports was investigated. In addition, we compared the magnitude of the impact of each factor on the changes in agricultural imports. It was found that the import liberalization rate, which represents the FTA factors and reflects the per capita GDP, the conditions of supply and demand of agricultural products in exporting countries and the changes in exchange rates, affects the changes of the agricultural products imports. However, the factors affecting the change of the imports by agricultural product category and the magnitude of the influence by each factor were different. This shows that various factors, other than the FTA factors, are compounding the changes in the agricultural imports. In the future, the market openings due to the implementation of the FTA will be further enlarged and the economic territory of the FTA will be further expanded, due to the implementation of additional FTAs, and the changes in the imports of agricultural products will cause damage to the domestic agricultural sector.
- T. H. Kwon, K. W. Ju, "Changes of Trade Structure among Korea and East Asian Countries and their determinants", Korea trade review, vol. 31, no. 2, pp. 5-30. 2006.
- B. S. Yoo, "Analysis of structural changes in agricultural imports", Agricultural Economics Research, 34, pp. 49-67, 1993.
- H. H Kim, O. S. Kwon, D. H. Nam, "Analysis of Trade Forms of Korean Fruits Using Gravity Model", Rural Economy, vol. 32, no. 3, pp. 47-70, 2009.
- H. P. Moon, K. P. Kim, M. K. Eor, J. Y. Lee, "Analysis of determinants and support effects of fresh agricultural products. Rural Economy", vol. 35, no. 1, 69-90, 2012.
- B. H. Lee, C. S. Jang, S. H. Song, "Analysis of Determinants of Wood Exports by Using Space Gravity Model", Rural Economy 36, pp. 49-63, 2013.
- K. D. Cho, H. Y. Lee, Y. S. Lee, I. S. Kim, "An Analysis of the Effects of Overseas Koreans on Export Growth", Rural economy, vol. 37, no. 1, pp. 1-13, 2014.
- S. T. Ji, J. H. Yoo, "Analysis of Determinants of Increase in Agricultural Products Income", Journal of Agricultural Economics, vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 166-173, 2016.
- S. T. Ji, H. K. Lee, S. H. Lee, J. H. Yoo, "Implementation of the FTA between Korea and ASEAN in the Agriculture Sector and Implications", Korea Rural Economic Institute 215, 2015.
- S. T. Ji, H. K. Lee, S. H. Lee, J. H. Yoo, "Structural changes in the imports of agricultural products and policy Implications Following the Implementation of FTAs", Korea Rural Economic Institute, R789, 2016.
- D. W. Kim, H. J. Park, "Results of the National Consciousness Survey on Agriculture and Rural Areas in 2015", Korea Rural Economic Institute, D411m, 2015.
- Quarantine statistics of agricultural, forestry, livestock and quarantine headquarters, http://www.qia.go.kr. 2016.8.
- Statistics Korea Crop Production Survey, http://kosis.kr. 2016.8.
- IHS-GTA, http://gtis.com/gta. 2016.8.