- Volume 21 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Experimental Study on Shear Capacity of I-slab System Using Slim Precast Slab Deck
슬림 프리캐스트 슬래브 데크를 사용한 I-슬래브 시스템의 전단 성능에 관한 실험적 연구
- Kim, Seung-Hun (Dept. of Architectural Engineering, Hanbat National University)
- 김승훈 (한밭대학교 건축공학과)
- Received : 2016.12.11
- Accepted : 2016.12.13
- Published : 2017.01.01
This paper presents the shear capacities of hollow slab with plate and octagonal pillar type hollow sphere. Recently, the interest in precast hollow slab system for buildings is growing up according to the demand for high quality control and the increase in slab thickness. A hollow slab system is widely known as one of the effective slab system which can reduce self-weight of slab. However, hollow slabs are vulnerable to the deterioration in the shear strength due to the decrease of concrete at slab web which resists shear. Especially, in case of precast hollow slabs, it has joint surface between precast concrete slab modules along transverse axis of slab, and shear failure, that is caused by cracks at joints, has to be prevented. Therefore, in this study, shear capacity of the I-slab system is evaluated by 3-points-supported shear test along the longitudinal and transverse axis of slab specimen. Test results showed that I-slab had enough shear strength compared to theoretical shear strength even if it included the joint surfaces.
- ACI Committee 318. (2014), Building Code Requirements for Structural Concrete (ACI 318-14) and Commentary, American Concrete Institute, 161-165.
- Ahmed, A., Fayyadh, M. M., Naganathan, S. and Nasharuddin, K. (2012), Reinforced concrete beams with web openings: A state of the art review, Materials and Design, 40, 90-102. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matdes.2012.03.001
- Aldejohann, M., and Schnellenbach-Held, M. (2003), Investigations on the shear capacity of biaxial hollow slabs-test results and evaluation, Darmstadt Concrete, 18, 1-11.
- Chung, J. H., Choi, H. K., Lee, S. C. and Choi, C. S. (2015), One-way shear strength of circular voided reinforced concrete floor slabs, Structures and Buildings, 168(5), 336-350.
- Kang, J. Y., Kim, H. G., Joo, E. H., Kim, S. M., Kim, H. S. and Shin, Y. S. (2011), Experimental studies on the effect of construction methods on shear strength of hollow core slab, Proceeding of KCI Conference, 23(1), 15-16.
- Kim, B. H., Chung, J. H., Choi, H. K., Lee, S. C. and Choi, C. S. (2011), Flexural capacities of one-way hollow slab with donut type hollow sphere, Key Engineering Materials, 452-453, 773-776.
- Kim, S. H., Lee, H. S. and Choi, H. K. (2015), Experimental study on flexural capacity of I-slab system using slim precast slab deck, Journal of the Architectural Institute of Korea Structure & Construction, 31(7), 35-42. https://doi.org/10.5659/JAIK_SC.2015.31.7.35
- Kim, S. M., Jang, T. Y. and Kim, S. S. (2009), Structural performance tests of two-way void slabs, AIK journal, Korea, 25(8), 35-42.