The Journal of Korea Institute of Information, Electronics, and Communication Technology (한국정보전자통신기술학회논문지)
- Volume 10 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
A Study on Interference Cancellation of Adaptive Frequency Hopping System
적응형 주파수도약 시스템의 간섭신호 제거에 관한 연구
- Cho, Hyun-Seob (Department of Electronic Engineering, ChungWoon University)
- Received : 2017.09.26
- Accepted : 2017.10.25
- Published : 2017.10.30
In this paper, we propose a solution for interference with Bluetooth when connecting Bluetooth and other devices. The random frequency hopping technique is a technique of generating a hopping pattern using the entire Bluetooth channel without considering the interference of the wireless LAN. The proposed adaptive frequency hopping technique is a technique for generating a hopping pattern of Bluetooth channel considering periodic carrier sensing of Bluetooth and considering WLAN interference. Simulation results show that the use of adaptive frequency hopping reduces the packet error rate as the Bluetooth carrier sensing interval decreases even in the congestion of WLAN interference. Especially, the frequency hopping technique improves the average packet error rate by about 13% compared to the adaptive frequency hopping technique.
Supported by : Chungwoon University
- S. Lee, H. Kim and Y. Lee, "Mitigation of co-channel interference in Bluetooth piconets," IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun., vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 1249-1254, Apr. 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TWC.2012.021412.100185
- Bluetooth SIG, "Bluetooth specification version 4.2," Dec. 2014.
- R. Minakshmi and H. S. Jamadagni, "Comparative study of adaptive frequency hopping with power control to aviod WLAN interfernece in WPAN systems like Bluetooth," in Proc. IEEE Consumer Communications and Networking Conference (CCNC), pp. 1-5, Jan. 2010.
- A. A. L. Neyestanak and S. R. J. Naraghi, "Impact of variations of Bluetooth transmitting power in the presence of WLAN interfering signal," in Proc. Fifth Asis Modelling Symposium (AMS), pp. 232-235, May 2011.
- W. Joseph, D. Pareit, G. Vermeeren, D. Naudts, L. Verloock, L. Martens, and I. Moerman, Determination of the duty cycle of WLAN for realistic radio frequency electromagnetic field exposure assessment," Prog. Biophys. Mol. Biol., vol. 111, no. 1, pp. 30-36, Jan. 2013. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pbiomolbio.2012.10.002
- Bluetooth Low Energy. Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia. 31 July 2014 at 05:16. Available from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluetooth_low_energy
- ZigBee Alliance. http://zigbee.org/Home.aspx
- SCHMITT, C. Cooperation between all components in the established wireless sensor network. Technische Universitat Munchen, 2010.
- HEBELER, J. et al. Semantic Web Programming. John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2010.
- HATLER, M., GURGANIOUS, D. and CHI, C. Industrial wireless sensor networks. A market dynamics report. ON World, 2012.