- Volume 43 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Effect of Business Environmental Safety on the Awareness of Workers' Perception on Chemical Materials
기업의 환경안전문화가 근로자의 화학물질 인식도에 미치는 영향
- Na, JeongYeon (Department of Environmental engineering, Dong-A University) ;
- Kwon, Minji (Department of Environmental engineering, Dong-A University) ;
- Lee, SangChul (Department of Environmental Safety, DongAh Tire & Rubber Co. Ltd.) ;
- Cho, ManSu (Department of Occupational Health, Catholic University of Daegu)
- Received : 2017.08.07
- Accepted : 2017.10.20
- Published : 2017.10.31
Objectives: The organizational culture of small-scale enterprises is influenced by a lack of awareness of industrial accidents and a business-oriented culture. Therefore, the purpose of this study is to establish a correlation between chemical awareness and worker safety, which is the reason why a company's safety environment is responsible for human factor accidents. Methods: The research model established the organizational culture, human relationships, organizational relationships, workplace culture, safety climate, and safety parameters, all of which affect the perception of chemical substances, then established safety rankings, communication, safety regulations, and safety support. Results: In order to derive the results of this study, the satisfaction level was mostly derived from the degree of engagement (+) depending on the number of years worked, in the hierarchical regression analysis. During work with chemicals, the number of years spent on the level of the service was determined by the influence of the chemical (-). Based on this company, the occurrence of chemical accidents caused by chemical materials was felt to be felt at the risk of causing the hazard to be felt, the absence of physical damage was excluded from the variables. The other variables detected in the variables were
Job stress;job satisfaction;organizational culture;organizational relationships;perception of chemical substances
- Ju HY. A Study on Effectiveness of MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet) Information for Safety of Chemical Substance Treatment and Accident Prevention. 2014.
- Park YK, 2015. Evaluation of hazardous chemical substance releases in industrial complex.
- Park KO. Work environments and work conditions associated with stress symptoms among korean manufacturing factory workers. Korean Journal of Environmental Health. 2004; 30(3): 272-282.
- KOSHA. Industrial Disaster Statistics 2016.
- Park YS, Cho, SY, Nam, CH. A Survey on the knowledge and attitude of workers concerning occupational health. Korean Journal of Environmental Health, 1992; 18(2): 3-18.
- Pascale RT and Athos AG, The art of Japanese management. Business Horizons 1981; 24(6): 83-85.
- Choi YY, Lim HK, Lim SY and Paek DM. Health damages and lessons of the use of humidifier disinfectants in Korea. Korean Journal of Environmental Health Sciences 2012; 38(2): 166-174. https://doi.org/10.5668/JEHS.2012.38.2.166
- Cooper MD and Phillips RA. Exploratory analysis of the safety climate and safety behavior relationship. Journal of safety research 2004: 35(5); 497-512. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsr.2004.08.004
- Hofstede G. Culture's consequences: International differences in work-related values. sage. 1984.
- Brown R, and Holmes H. The use of a factor-analytic procedure for assessing the validity of an employee safety climate model. Accident Analysis & Prevention 1986; 18(6): 455-470. https://doi.org/10.1016/0001-4575(86)90019-9
- Kim KW, Park JW, Song SW. A study on the current situation of MSDS education in some company and MSDS education program. The Korean Institute of Gas, 2013; 34-35.
- Jeong JK. A study on the measures to reduce the accident rate in small business centers. Korea Safety Management & Science, 2012; 31-37.
- Griffin MA and Neal A. "Safety climate & performance perception of safety at work: A framework for linking safety climate to safety performance, knowledge and motivation." Journal of Occupational Health Psychology 2000; 5: 347-358. https://doi.org/10.1037/1076-89184.108.40.2067
- Chang SJ, Koh SB, Kang DM, Kim SA, Kang MG, Lee CG, et al. Developing an occupational stress scale for Korean employees. Annals of occupational and environmental medicine. 2005; 17(4): 297-317.
- Lew SM, Shin JH. Conheartism and the mode of situational response in Korea. Society and Theory. 2014; 24: 221-244. https://doi.org/10.17209/st.2014.05.24.221