- Volume 27 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
An Integrative Care Model of Clinical Pathway Approach for Acute Pain after Back Surgery: A Protocol for Clinical Trial
요추 수술 후 급성기 통증 환자에 대한 통합의학 표준임상경로 임상시험 프로토콜
- Kim, Byung-Jun ;
- Shin, Byung-Cheul ;
- Hwang, Man-suk ;
- Shin, Kyung-Min ;
- Heo, In ;
- Lim, Kyeong-Tae ;
- Park, In-Hwa ;
- Son, Dong-Wuk ;
- Hwang, Eui-Hyoung
- Received : 2017.09.14
- Accepted : 2017.10.10
- Published : 2017.10.31
Objectives Clinical pathway (CP), is management plans that display goals for patients and have led to improve outcomes for many diseases. In Korea, Interest in Korean medicine's stabilization (Clinical pathway, Clinical Practice Guideline) is increasing, But the number of studies is scare. Method and Analysis This trials composes nonequivalent control group pretest-posttest design to conduct clincal pathway trial for the acute pain after back surgery. The subjects were 10 control patients with back surgery, and 10 experimental patients with application of integrative CP. Each group patient will observed 6 weeks. We check validation of CP. Also we compared the patient's status using the pain, function, Quality of life index between the two groups. Discussion This trial is the first CP for the acute pain after back surgery using integrative medicine concepts. Aim of this trial is to find the effectiveness and validity of clincal pathway for acute pain after back surgery.
Clinical pathway;Acute pain after back surgery;Integrative medicine;Protocol
- The Korean Neurosurgical Society. Neurosurgery. Seoul : Jung-ang. 2010.
- Lee YH, Park IS. Effect of Exercise After Surgery on Pain, Muscle Strength of Legs, and Disability of Daily Living Activity of Patients with Lumbar Spinal Disease. Chungnam National University. 2012.
- Kwon YJ, Choi CS. The Neural Blockades for Low Back Pain and Radicular Pain in Patients. J Korean Neurosurg Soc. 2003;33:271-5.
- Health Insurance Review and Assessment service. Development of quality evaluation model through preliminary evaluation of spinal surgery. 2008.
- Health Insurance Review and Assessment service. Major surgery statistics in 2015. 2016.
- Song KY, Kim SN, Park JH. Critical Pathway for Operable Gastric Cancer. J Korean Gastric Cancer Association. 2055;5(2):95-100.
- Kim EH, Kim CK, Lee SK, Park SK. Development of a Clinical Pathway for Gastrectomy and Effect of Its Implementation in One Tertiary Hospital. 2003;10(2): 176-89.
- Kim SS, Roh YS. Development of a Critical Pathway for the Patients following Lumbar Laminectomy. The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Adult Nursing 1999; 11(4):772-84.
- You KH, Tyu KS. Development of a critical pathway for the patients following spinal disc surgery. J of East-west Medicine 25;3:75-97.
- Lim KT, Heo I, Kim BJ, Shin BC, Son DW, Kim CY, Hwang EH. The Survey on Contents Validity of 'Preliminary Critical Pathway for Acute Postoperative Pain after Back Surgery'. Journal of Korean Medicine Rehabilitation 2016;26:(4) 77-83. https://doi.org/10.18325/jkmr.2016.26.4.77
- Beyea SC. Critical Pathways of for Collaborative Nursing care. Addision_wesley Nursing : Benjamin Publishing. : 1996.
- Professor of Korean physiotherapy medicine. Physiotherapy. Seoul : Younglim : 1999.
- Kim HJ, Lee JS. Postoperative Rehabilitation of Lumbar Spine. The journal of KSCM. 2001;2(1):111-20.
- Kjellby-Wendt G, Styf J, Carlsson SG. Early active rehabilitation after surgery for lumbar disc herniation: a prospective, randomized study of psychometric assessment in 50 patients. Acta orthopaedica Scandinavica. 2001;72(5):518-24. https://doi.org/10.1080/000164701753532871
- Hong YM. Development of a Clinical and a Patient Pathway for Patients with Total Hip Replacement. Kwandong medical Journal. 2000;4:1 147-62.
- Oh KE, Bak WK, YAng HI, Han SS, Yoo MC, Park SC Lee SC. Development of Clinical Pathway and Analysis of Clinical Patterns for Optimizing the Integrative Medical Service. The Journal of The Korea Institute of Oriental Medical Diagnostics. 2012;16(2):23-32.
- Ueda A, Saito T, Ueda M, Ijichi T, Nakatsuka T, Matsumoto J, Yamaga Y, Hishikawa H, Tanaka H, Tanaka Y, Yamamichi K. Introduction and PDCAManagement of a Liaison-Clinical Pathway with Cancer Patients after a Curative Operation. Gan To Kagaku Ryoho. 2015 Oct;42(10):1197-201.
- Laursen EL, Rasmussen BK. A brain cancer pathway in clinical practice. Dan Med J. 2012 May;59(5):A4437.
- Tarin T, Feifer A, Kimm S, Chen L, Sjoberg D, Coleman J, Russo P. Impact of a common clinical pathway on length of hospital stay in patients undergoing open and minimally invasive kidney surgery. J Urol. 2014 May; 191(5):1225-30. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.juro.2013.11.030
- Park HO, Cho KJ, Kim RS, Ko SM, Kim JC, Ock CM. Effect of Critical Pathway of Lumbar Posterolateral Fusion in Spinal Stenosis. J. of Korean Orthop. Assoc. 2002;37:392-7. https://doi.org/10.4055/jkoa.2002.37.3.392
- Chung SB, Lee SH, Kim ES, Eoh W. Implementation and Outcomes of a Critical Pathway for Lumbar Laminectomy or Microdiscectomy. J Korean Neurosurg Soc. 51:338-42.
- Thompson CA, Arah OA. Selection bias modeling using observed data augmented with imputed record-level probabilities. Ann Epidemiol. 2014;24(10):747-53. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.annepidem.2014.07.014
Supported by : Korea Institute of Oriental Medicine