- Volume 27 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
A Rehabilitation for Ankle Fracture in Korean Medicine: A Report of 4 Cases
발목 골절 수술 후 한방 재활치료 프로토콜 적용의 임상적 효과: 증례 보고
- Ha, Won-Bae ;
- Lee, Jong-Ha ;
- Lee, Yoon-Seung ;
- Jo, Dong-Chan ;
- Lee, Jin-Hyun ;
- Lee, Jung-Han
- 하원배 ;
- 이종하 ;
- 이윤승 ;
- 조동찬 ;
- 이진현 ;
- Received : 2017.09.14
- Accepted : 2017.10.02
- Published : 2017.10.31
The objective of this study was to propose a rehabilitation protocol for ankle fracture in Korean Medicine and to report its effectiveness. Four patients who had undergone ankle fracture by car accident were treated using the rehabilitation protocol in Korean Medicine. We estimated the outcome evaluating physical examination findings of the ankle joint, numeric rating scale, Olerud-Molander score, and walking state. After the treatment, we observed that ankle movement and muscular strength were improved. Moreover numeric rating scale, Olerud-Molander score, and walking state of patients were improved. A rehabilitation in Korean Medicine can be effectively used for ankle fracture patients. The limitation of this study was the insufficient number of cases. Further studies are needed to design a rehabilitation protocol in Korean Medicine.
Ankle fracture;Rehabilitation;Protocol;Korean Medicine;Case report
- Department of Orthopedics, College of Medicine, Seoul National University. Textbook of Fractures and Joint Injuries. Seoul:Koonja Publishing Co.. 2016:659-65.
- The Korean Orthopaedic Association. Orthopaedics. 7th ed. Seoul:Choesin Publishing Co.. 2013:1509-15.
- Cho HO, Kwak KD, Cho SD, Lee SR. Factors affecting the outcome of the ankle fractures. J Korean Orthop Assoc. 1991;26:1654-9.
- The Society of Korean Medicine Rehabilitation. Korean Rehabilitation Medicine. 4th ed. Seoul:Koonja Publishing Co.. 2015:3, 364-71, 380-416.
- Lee CH, Kim B, Jung H, Lee KW, Yang DM, Oh MS. Review on the Study of Ankle Sprain Published in Korea. Journal of Korean Medicine Rehabilitation, 2015; 25(1):71-6. https://doi.org/10.18325/jkmr.2015.25.1.071
- Kim JS, Lee YK. One Case of Ankle Fracture Treated with SAAM(舍岩)-Acupuncture and Gamigungguitang-GaNokyong after Short Leg Casting. The Journal of Korean Acupuncture & Moxibustion Society. 2007;24(6): 207-13.
- Maxey L, Magnusson J. Rehabilitation for the postsurgical orthopedic patient. 3rd ed. Philadelphia:Elsevier, 2013: 520-30.
- Giangarra CE, Manske RC. Clinical Orthopaedic Rehabilitation: A Team Approach. 4th ed. Philadelphia:Elsevier. 2017:246-53.
- Ha WB, Lee JH, Ko YS, Lee JH. A Rehabilitation for Total Hip Replacement in Korean Medicine:A report of three cases. The Journal of Korea CHUNA Manual Medicine for Spine & Nerves. 2016;26(3):153-64.
- Han TR, Bang MS, Chung SG. Rehabilitation Medicine. 5th ed. Seoul:Koonja Publishing Co.. 2014:1201-3.
- Kim DJ, Choi YJ, Kim DH, Um JY, Song GH, Lee JS, Cho NG. The Comparision of Effectiveness between Near Acupuncture Point Needling and Remote Acupuncture Point Needling on Treating Ankle Sprain of Acute Stage. The Journal of Korean Acupuncture & Moxibustion Society. 2007;24(4):25-33.
- Peilin S, Management of postoperative pain with acupuncture. USA:Elsevier. 2007:13-4, 282-7.
- Bak JW, Sim BY, Kim DH. The effects of Danggwisusan on restoration ability in wound induced animal models. Kor. J. Herbology. 2014;29(5):55-63.
- Jung H, Lee HJ, Kim B, Lee CH, Lee EJ, Heo DS, Oh MS. The Effects of Sibjeondaebotanggamibang on the Treating of Wound. Journal of Korean Medicine Rehabilitation. 2014;24(3):51-69.
- Song JW, Lee HS, Seo SG, Ryu CH. Clinical Outcome after Early Rehabilitation according to Injury Type in Ankle Fracture. J Korean Foot Ankle Soc 2017;21(1):21-6. https://doi.org/10.14193/jkfas.2017.21.1.21
- Brotzman SB, Manske RC. Clinical orthopaedic rehabilitation An evidence-based approach. 3rd ed. The Korean Society of Sports Medicine. Seoul:Hanmi Medical Publishing Co.. 2012:374-9.
- Korean Society of Chuna Manual medicine for Spine & Nerves. Chuna manual medicine. 2nd ed. Seoul:Korean Society of Chuna Manual medicine for Spine & Nerves. 2015:266-302, 437-41.
- Chaitow L. Muscle Energy Techniques. 3rd ed. Churchill Livingstone. 2006:141-3.
- Magee DJ, Sueki D. Orthopedic physical assessment atlas and video : selected special tests and movements. Seoul: ELSEVIER Korea. 2012:425-8.
- Olerud C, Molander H. A scoring scale for symptom evaluation after ankle fracture. Arch Orthop Trauma Surg. 1984;103:190-4. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00435553
- Jensen SL, Andresen BK, Mencke S, Nielsen PT. Epidemiology of ankle fractures. A prospective population-based study of 212 cases in Aalborg, Denmark. Acta Orthop Scand 1998;69:48-50. https://doi.org/10.3109/17453679809002356
- Brodie IA, Denham RA. The treatment of unstable ankle fractures. J Bone Joint Surg Br. 1974;56:256-62.
- Burwell HN, Charnley AD. The treatment of displaced fractures at the ankle by rigid internal fixation and early joint movement. J Bone Joint Surg Br. 1965;47:634-60.
- Olerud C, Molander H. Bi- and trimalleolar ankle fractures operated with nonrigid internal fixation. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 1986;(206):253-60.
- The Korean Academy of Oriental Rehabilitation Medicine. Korean Oriental Rehabilitaion. 2nd ed. Seoul: Koonja Publishing Co.. 2008:197-202.
- Liu ZY. wai ek pi fu ke de bian zheng lun zhi. Seo won dang. 1987:35.
- Yun YG. Korean prescription and prescription commentary. Seoul:Uiseong dang. 2004:225, 679.
- Kirkelsola G. A total concept for exercise and active treatment of musculoskeletal disorder. The Journal of Korean Academy of Orthopaedic Manual Therapy. 2000; 7(1):87-106.
- The Korean Hip Society. Textbook of The Hip. Seoul:Koonja Publishing Co.. 2014:533-51.
- Han CS, Im YS, Cheong ST. Result of Fibular Fixation Using Screw in Ankle Fracture. The Journal of the Korean Society of Fractures. 2002;15(4):477-82. https://doi.org/10.12671/jksf.2002.15.4.477
- Lee KB, Song SY, Kwon DJ, Lee YB. Rhee NK, Choi JH. A Comparison between Minimally Invasive Plate Osteosynthesis & Interlocking Intramedullary Nailing in Distal Tibia Fractures. The Journal of the Korean Society of Fractures. 2008;21(4):286-91. https://doi.org/10.12671/jkfs.2008.21.4.286
- Jeong IH, Oh JH, Ahn EH, Wee SM. Ender Nailing for Tibial Shaft Fractures. J. of Korean Orthop. Accoc. 1993;28(2):741-53.
Supported by : 원광대학교