- Volume 13 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Effect of oil particle size on dispersion stability in oil in water emulsion
Oil in Water 에멀전에서 오일 입자 크기가 분산 안정성에 미치는 영향
- Hwangbo, Sunae (Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Pukyong National University) ;
- Chu, Minchul (Korea Research Institute of Standards and Science) ;
- Moon, Changkwan (Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Pukyong National University)
- Received : 2017.07.10
- Accepted : 2017.09.06
- Published : 2017.09.30
In this paper, we proposed an emulsification method without using an emulsifier and investigated the effects of particle size distribution in fluids on dispersion stability. Surfactant-free oil in water emulsion was prepared with 1 % (w/w) of olive oil by using high speed agitation, high pressure and ultrasonic dispersion methods. The particle size, microscopic observation, and dispersion stability of each sample were evaluated and dispersion stability according to various dispersion methods was compared. As a result, the emulsion dispersed by the ultrasonic dispersion method showed the smallest particle size and uniform distribution of
- Hidetaka Iwai (2016), Emulsification.Emulsion Introductory, R&D SUPPORT CENTER, 46-48.
- Ho J., Kournikakis B., Gunning A., Fildes J., (1988), Submicron aerosol characterization of water by a differential mobility particle sizer. Journal of Aerosol Science, 19(7), 1425-1428. https://doi.org/10.1016/0021-8502(88)90190-5
- Kim, J.S., Kim, M.J., Chu, M.C.,(2012), Effect of Focused Ultrasound on Residial Particles Size Distribution in Water. Japaneses Journal of Applied Physics, 51(7), 07GB11-1-2.
- Toshio Sakai, (2016), Emulsification and Interface, R&D SUPPORT CENTER, 46-52.