- Volume 12 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Transmission Performance of Application Traffics on High Speed Railway Communications
고속철도통신에서 응용 트래픽의 전송성능
- Kim, Young-Dong (Dept. Electric Railway Convergence Engineering, Dongyang University)
- 김영동 (동양대학교 철도전기융합학과)
- Received : 2017.09.18
- Accepted : 2017.10.18
- Published : 2017.10.31
LTE-R mobile communication technology based on LTE is used to supply various signal and exchange information required for safety operation of train on high speed railway communication system. In this paper, transmission performance of application traffic which is transferred on high speed communication based on LTE-R is analyzed. And some suggestions for application traffic transmission of high speed railway communication will be considered. Computer simulation is used to analyze performance of CBR, VBR as application traffic. Throughput, delay and packet loss rate is used as performance measurement and analysis parameters.
Supported by : 동양대학교
- W. Cho, "Comparison Study of Interoperability of Railway Wireless Communication Networks," J. of the Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Sciences, vol. 11, no. 8, Aug. 2016, pp. 729-734. https://doi.org/10.13067/JKIECS.2016.11.8.729
- H. Cho, H. Oh, and J. Choi, "Trends of LTE based Railway Communication Systems," J. of the Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Sciences, vol. 11, no. 4, Apr. 2016, pp. 373-378. https://doi.org/10.13067/JKIECS.2016.11.4.373
- B. Kim, "The Operation Conditions of Domestic Railway Wireless Communication Network and Those Technical Trends," J. of the Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Sciences, vol. 11, no. 4, Apr. 2016, pp. 379-385. https://doi.org/10.13067/JKIECS.2016.11.4.379
- S. Banerjee, M. Hempel, and H. Sharif, "A Survey of Wireless Communication Technologies & Their Performance for High Speed Railways," J. of Transportation Technologies 6, vol. 6, no. 1, 2016, pp. 15-29. https://doi.org/10.4236/jtts.2016.61003
- Y. Kim, "Trends of Mobile Communication Technologies for Electric Railway System," In Proc. International Conference on Future Information & Communication Engineering, 2016, Dandong, Vietnam, vol. 8, no. 1, June 2016. pp. 359-362.
- J. Choi, H. Cho, H. Oh, K. Kim, M. Bhang, I. Yu, and H. Ryu, "Challenges of LTE High-Speed Railway Network to Coexist with LTE Public Safety Network," In Proc. International COnference on Advanced Communication Technology, 2015, Seoul, Korea, July 2015, pp. 524-528.
- J. Huang, F. Qian, Y. Guo, Y. Zhou, Q. Xu, and Z. Mao, "An in-depth Study of LTE : Effect of Network Protocol and Application Behavior on Performance," In Proc. SIGCOMM'13, Hong Kong, China, Aug. 2013, pp. 363-374.
- A. Chor, W. Dai, and C. Zhang, "Performance Analysis on VoIP over LTE network," ENSC 427 : Communication Networks, 2015.
- D. Choi, "Evaluation of VoIP Capacity for IEEE 802.11b WiFi Environment under Voice Coding Methods," J. of the Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Sciences, vol. 7, no. 2, Apr. 2012, pp. 243-248. https://doi.org/10.13067/JKIECS.2012.7.2.243
- B. Kim, "Software-based Quality Measurement of Mobile VoIP Services," J. of the Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Sciences, vol. 6, no. 1, Jan. 2011, pp. 55-60.