- Volume 8 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
The Convergent of Phenomenological Methodology of Mothers of Children with Atopic Dermatitis: Focus on the Experience of Family Management Style
아토피 피부염 자녀를 둔 어머니의 현상학적 방법 융합 연구: 가족관리방식 경험을 중심으로
- Kim, Chae-Bong (Department of Environmental Health Research, Seoul Medical Center) ;
- Kim, KyooSang (Department of Environmental Health Research, Seoul Medical Center)
- Received : 2017.07.12
- Accepted : 2017.10.20
- Published : 2017.10.28
In this study, phenomenological methodology was used to understand the experience of family management style in mothers who have children with atopic dermatitis. For study methods, in-depth interview was conducted on 9 mothers residing in Seoul and the approach from phenomenological methodology by Colaizzi was used. As a result, 69 significant statements were deduced as well as 21 themes, 10 theme clusters, and 4 categories. These main categories include experiences of accepting atopic dermatitis as a reality, family management style for overcoming atopic dermatitis, reality of facing chronic fatigue, and hope and expectation for the child's health. Our study show that the intervention for improving family management style regarding atopic dermatitis is required including the enhancement of the mothers' quality of life and the recovery of family relationship.
Supported by : 서울의료원
- J. H. Lee, K. D. Han, Y. G. Park, J. Y. Lee, Y. M. Park, "Prevalence of Atopic Dermatitis in Korean Children Based on Data from the 2008-2011 Korean National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey. Allergy, Asthma & Immunology Research, Vol. 8, No. 1, pp. 79-83, 2016. https://doi.org/10.4168/aair.2016.8.1.79
- J. Y. Lee, H. K. Yang, M. Kim, J. Kim, K Ahn, "Is the Prevalence of Atopic Dermatitis in Korean Children Decreasing?: Analysis of the National Statistics Data, 2009-2014", Asian Pacific Journal of Allergy and Immunology, 2016.
- A. H. Mokdad, M. H. Forouzanfar, F. Daoud, A. A. Mokdad, C. EI Bcheraoui, M. Moradi-Lakeh, H. H. Kyu, R. M Barber, J. Wagner, K. Cercy, H. Kravitz, "Global Burden of Diseases, Injuries, and Risk Factors for Young People's Health during 1990-2013: A Systematic Analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2013", The Lancet, Vol. 397, No. 10036, pp. 2393-2401, 2016.
- D. H. Kim, Y. J. Im, "Validity and Reliability of Korean Version of the Family Management Measure (Korean FaMM) for Families with Children Having Chronic Illness", J. of Korean Academy of Nursing, Vol. 43, No. 1, pp. 123-132, 2013. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2013.43.1.123
- I. S. Kwon, Y M. Seo, "Home Nursing and Quality of Life in Parents of Children with Atopic Dermatitis", J. of Korean Academy of Child Health Nursing, Vol. 15, No. 4, pp. 401-408, 2009. https://doi.org/10.4094/jkachn.2009.15.4.401
- P. V. Chernyshov, A. Jirakova, R. C. Ho, H. Moed, A. P. Caldeira, T. M. Alvarenga, C. W. Park, J. Hercogova, "An International Multicenter Study on Quality of Life and Family Quality of Life in Children with Atopic Dermatitis", Indian Journal of Dermatology, Venereology, and Leprology, Vol. 79, No. 1, pp. 52 2013. https://doi.org/10.4103/0378-6323.104669
- E. Y. Chang, S. W. Chung, J. H. Lee, "Mother's Experience of Caring Child with a Severe Atopic Dermatitis", Korean Parent Child Health Journal, Vol. 9, No. 1, pp. 17-32, 2006.
- M. A. Chei, H. S. Lee, D. H. Kim, M. H. Park, S. Y. Yoon, Y. H. Cho, "The Study on the Quality of Life for the Mothers of Hospitalized Chronic Pediatric Patients", Child Health Nursing Research, Vol. 6, No. 2, pp. 249-261, 2000.
- D. H. Kim, L. K, S. J. Seo, S. J. Jo, H. W. Yim, C. M. Kim, K. H. Kim, D. W. Kim, M. B. Kim, J. W. Kim, Y. S. Ro, "A Survey on Understanding of Atopic Dermatitis among Korean Patients", Korean Journal of Dermatology, Vol. 50, No. 3, pp. 201-211, 2012.
- I. Y. Yoo, D. H. Kim, "Parenting Stress and Needs of Mothers of Children with Atopic Dermatitis", Korean J. of Child Health Nursing, Vol. 10, No. 4, pp. 423-430, 2004.
- H. K Son, J. Lim, "The Effect of a Web-Based Education Programme (WBEP) on Disease Severity, Quality of Life and Mothers' Self-Efficacy in Children with Atopic Dermatitis", J. of Advanced Nursing, Vol. 70, No. 10, pp. 2326-2338, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1111/jan.12389
- H. S. Kim, S. H. Cho, "Treatment for Atopic Dermatitis", J. of the Korean Medical Association, Vol. 57, No. 3, pp. 226-233, 2014. https://doi.org/10.5124/jkma.2014.57.3.226
- L. Misery, "Atopic Dermatitis and Psychological Factors", In Annales Dermatologie Venereologie, Vol. 132, No. 1, pp. 1S112-1S115, 2005.
- H. K. Son, H. S. Kim, "A Comparative Study of Family Management Style According to Severity of Childhood Atopic Dermatitis", Child Health Nursing Research, Vol. 22, No. 4, pp. 309-316, 2016. https://doi.org/10.4094/chnr.2016.22.4.309
- I. Y. Yoo, D. H. Kim, "Mothers Experiences of Parenting of a Child with Atopic Dermatitis", J. of the Korean Society of Maternal and Child Health, Vol. 10, No. 2, pp. 169-179, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10995-006-0095-x
- H. S. Kim, E. K. Bae, "Mother-Blame for Child's Disease and It's Experiences by 'Atopy-Moms(Women of Children with Atopic Dermatitis)", Issues in Feminism, Vol. 13, No. 1, pp. 1-46, 2013.
- J. Lee, "Atopic Dermatitis and the Making of an Environmental Disease in Contemporary South Korea", Korean Association of Science and Technology Studies, Vol. 10, No. 1, pp. 107-152, 2010.
- J. Chung, J. J. Cho, "Use of Qualitative Research in the Field of Health", J. of the Korean Academy of Family Medicine, Vol. 29, No. 8, pp. 553-562, 2008.
- P. F. Colaizzi, Psychological Research as the Phenomenologist Views It, Oxford University Press, 1978.
- M. N. Marshal, "Sampling for Qualitative Research", Family Practice, Vol. 13, No. 6, pp. 522-526, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1093/fampra/13.6.522
- B. H. Kim, K. J. Kim, I. S. Park, K. J. Lee, J. K. Kim, J. J. Hong, M. W. Lee, Y. H. Kim, I. Y. Yoo, H. Y. Lee, "A Comparison of Phenomenological Research Methodology: Focused on Giorgi, Colaizzi, Van Kaam Methods", J. of Korean Academy of Nursing, Vol. 29, No. 6, pp. 1208-1220, 1999. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.19188.8.131.528
- Y. H. Jeong, "Convergent Approach of Phenomenological Methodology about Emergency Nurses' Experience of Hospital Violence", J. of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 5, pp. 63-75, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.5.063
- B. H. Cho, S. Y. Oh, J. Y. Jung, H. M. Lee, "Behavioral Problem, Self-Perceived Competence, Social Competence, and Parental Stress in Children with Atopic Dermatitis", J. of the Korean Home Economics Association, Vol. 46, No. 5, pp. 97-109, 2008.
- D. H. Kim, S. E. Cho, H. Y. Yum, "Relationship of Behavioral Problems, Parenting Practice and School Life in Children with Atopic Dermatitis", J. of the Korean Academy of Pediatric Allergy and Respiratory Disease, Vol. 20, No. 3, pp. 197-205, 2010.
- C. O. Jang, "A Study of Family Function and Convergent Adaptation Hearing Protection Factor", J. of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 3, pp. 119-125, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.3.119
- J. I. Son, "The Effect of Fathers' Parenting Participation and Mothers' Parenting Stress with Disabled Children on Mothers' Parenting Efficacy", Korean Journal of Early Childhood Special Education, Vol. 10, No. 3, pp. 49-78, 2010.
- D. Y. Song, S. J. Jang, E. J. Kim, "An Analysis of Factors Affecting Work-Family Conflict of Korean Working People: Focusing the Effect of Workplace Support and Familial Support", Social Welfare Policy, Vol. 37, No. 3, pp. 27-52, 2010.
- H. Y. Lee, E. O. Park, "Effect of Housework Burdens and Social.Family Supports on Poor Self-Related Health among the Married Women", The Korean J. of Health Service Management, Vol. 10, No. 4, pp. 179-196, 2016. https://doi.org/10.12811/kshsm.2016.10.4.179
- Y. S. Hong, K. S. Han, "A Structural Equation Model on Family Strength of Married Working Women", J. of Korean Academy of Nursing, Vol. 45, No. 6, pp. 900-909, 2015. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2015.45.6.900
- M. R. Koo, J. A. Song, "A Case Study of the Family Art Therapy on the Enhancement of Family Communication and Health of Family Relationship", Korean J. of Art Therapy, Vol. 17, No. 2, pp. 443-472, 2010.
- O. S. Shin, M. H. Han, G. Park, J. Y. Jang, "The Effect of Family Participated Healing Camps with the Application of Family Life Habit Improvement on Atopic Dermatitis", J. of Korean Institute of Forest Recreation, Vol. 17, No. 3, pp. 75-83, 2013
- S. Y. Lee, I. O. Moon, Y. J. Lee, "A Convergence Analysis of the Factors Influencing Knowledge and Management of Allergic Disease Children of Childcare Teacher: Atopic Dermatitis, Asthma, Allergic Rhinitis", J. of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 8, No. 4, pp. 37-48, 2017. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.4.037