- Volume 27 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Analysis for the Crack Characteristics of Rock and Concrete using Strain and Elastic Wave
변형률과 탄성파를 이용한 암석 및 콘크리트 균열특성분석
- Choi, Young Chul (Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute) ;
- Kim, Jin Seop ;
- Park, Tae Jin ;
- Kim, Geon Young
- Received : 2017.08.16
- Accepted : 2017.08.26
- Published : 2017.10.31
The purpose of this paper is to analyze the crack characteristics by performing the compression test of the rock and concrete specimens. The experiments are carried out by using strain sensors which can measure length change and the AE sensor which can detect the elastic wave from the crack. The crack volumetric strain calculated from measured strain is shown in different shape on the rock and the concrete specimens. This is because the specimens have a different degree of brittleness. However, the crack volumetric strain associated with the fracture and damage was similar to accumulated AE energy of the two specimens. This means that the AE sensor can assess damage in real time without damaging the structure.
Rock;Concrete;Crack;Damage degree;AE sensor
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Eberdhart, E., Stead, D. and Stimpston, B., 1999, Quantifying progressive pre-peak brittle fracture damage in rock during uniaxial compresstion. Int. J. Rock Mech. Min. Sci., Vol.32, 361-380
- Cayol, V. and F.H. Cornet, 1997, 3D mixed boundary elements for elastoplastic deformation field analysis, Int. J. Rock Mech. Min. Sci. 34.2, 275-288. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0148-9062(96)00035-6
- Diederichs, M.S., Kaiser, P.K. and Eberhardt, E., 2004, Dammage initiation and propagation in hard rock during tunnelling and the influence of near-face stress rotaion, Int. J. Rock Mech. Min. Sci., Vol. 41, 785-812. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijrmms.2004.02.003
- Eberhardt, E., Stead, D., Stimpson, B. and Read, R. S. 1998, Identifying crack initiation and propagation thresholds in brittle rock, Can Geotech J, Vol. 35, No. 2, 222-233. https://doi.org/10.1139/t97-091
- Hoek E. and Bienawski Z. T., 1965, Brittle fracture propagation in rock under compression, Int. J. Fract. Mech., Vol 1, 137-155
- Lajtai, E. Z. and Bielus, L. P. 1986. Stress corrosion cracking of Lac du Bonnet granite in tension and compression, Rock Mech Rock Eng, Vol. 19, No. 2, 71-87. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01042525
- Matin, C. D. and Chandler, N. D., 1994, The progressive fracture of Lac du Bonnet granite. Int. J. Rock Mech. Min. Sci. & Geomech. Abstr., Vol. 31, pp.643-659 https://doi.org/10.1016/0148-9062(94)90005-1
- Ranjith, P.G., Jasinge, D., Song, J.Y. and Choi, S.K., 2007, A study of the effect of displacement rate and moisture content on the mechanical properties of concrete: Use of acoustic emission, Mech. of Materials, Vol. 40, 453-469.
- Xiao, J. Q. Ding, D.X., Jiang, F. L. and Xu, G., 2010, Faigue damage variable and evolution of rock subjected to cyclic loading, Int. J. Rock Mech. & Min. Sci., Vol. 47, 461-468. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijrmms.2009.11.003
- 이경수, 김진섭, 최희주, 이창수, 2012, 미소파괴음을 이용한 KURT 화강암의 손상에 관한 정량적 평가, Vol. 32, 305-314.
- 장보안, 지훈, 장현식, 2010 황동화강암을 이용한 암석의 손상기준 결정방법 연구, The Jounal of Engineering Geology, Vol. 20, No. 1, 89-100.
- 장수호, 이정인, 2005, 응력수준에 따른 암석의 손상기준결정에 관한 실험적 연구, 대한화약발파공학회, Vol. 23, 31-44.