- Volume 27 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Field Application of Hydraulic Rock Splitting Technique to Biotite Granite
흑운모화강암 지역에 대한 수압암반절개기술의 현장 적용
- Park, Jongoh ;
- Lee, Dal-Heui ;
- Woo, Ik (School of Architecture & Coastal Construction Engineering, Kunsan National University)
- Received : 2017.09.27
- Accepted : 2017.10.25
- Published : 2017.10.31
Hydraulic rock splitting is a technique which leads to failure of rockmass by means of water injection with a pressure higher than the tensile strength of rockmass, using straddle packer installed in boreholes drilled from free surface. Field tests were conducted in this study for several slopes of biotite granite according to various designs for borehole layout and water injection. Test results showed that new cracks were generated to connect to adjacent holes or that pre-existed cracks were propagated by injection, finally leading to failure. In particular, this study suggests the possibility of controlling the direction of generated cracks with guide slot, since new cracks were generated parallel to the guide slots carved on a borehole wall before injection. Various types of borehole layout and injection methods should be further developed for the practical uses, considering the factors influencing on crack generation.
Hydraulic rock splitting;Guide slot;Crack generation;Layout design;Biotite granite
Grant : 생활환경질 개선을 위한 암반 굴착시 수압절개를 이용한 소음.진동 저감 기술개발
Supported by : 환경부
- Chang, C., Jo, Y., Oh, Y., Lee, T.J., and Kim, K.-Y., 2014, Hydraulic Fracturing In Situ Stress Estimations in a Potential Geothermal Site, Seokmo Island, South Korea, Rock Mech Rock Eng, 47 1793-1808. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00603-013-0491-7
- Choi, S., Shin, H., Park, C.-S., Bae, J., Lee, H., Park, J., and Jeon, H., 1999, In-situ stress determinations by hydraulic fracturing in deep inclined boreholes for the design of underground oil storages, Korean Geotechnical Society, 15(4), 185-205 (in Korean with English abstract).
- Haimson, B., 1978, The hydrofracturing stress measuring method and recent field results, Rock Mechanics and Mining Sciences, 15, 167-178. https://doi.org/10.1016/0148-9062(78)91223-8
- Haimson, B., Lee, M.-Y., and Song, I., 2003, Shallow hydraulic fracturing measurements in Korea support tectonic and seismic indicators of regional stress, Rock Mechanics and Mining Sciences, 40, 1243-1256. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1365-1609(03)00119-9
- Lee, H. and Yang, H., 1997, Applied Rock Mechanics, Seoul National University Press.
- Lee, J.C., 2013, Shale-gas production optimization by fluid selection: incorporating laboratory analysis of fluid rheology in Korea domestic polymers, The Graduate School in Sejong University.
- Lee J.C., 2014, Shale Gas Prospecting, Development of the Latest Technology Trends, High-Tech Intelligence Analysis, 1-6.
- Lee, S.H., Lim, J.S., and Jang, W.Y., 2016, The Effects of High Pressure Water Contact State on Hydraulic Fracturing, Tunnel and Underground Space, 26(3), 409-417 (in Korean with English abstract). https://doi.org/10.7474/TUS.2016.26.5.409
- Lin, W., Yamomoto, K., Ito, H., Masago, H., and Kawamura, Y., 2008, Estimation of Minimum Principle Stress from an Extended Leak-off Test Onboard the Chikyu Drilling Vessel and Suggestions for Furture Test Procedures, Scientific Drilling, 6, 43-47. https://doi.org/10.5194/sd-6-43-2008
- Mun, H.J., Shin, S.R., Lim, J.S., Jeong, W.K., and Jang, W.Y., 2014, A Study on the Model for Effective Hydraulic Fracturing by Using Guide Hole, Tunnel and Underground Space, 24(6) 440-448 (in Korean with English abstract). https://doi.org/10.7474/TUS.2014.24.6.440
- Ouchterlony, F., 1972, Analysis av Spanning still standet Kruig Nogra Olika Geometrier Med Radiellt Ricktade Sprickor 1 Ett Oandlight Plant Medium Under Inverkanav Expansion krafter, Swedish Tectonic Research Foundation Report, DS.
- Park, J.O. and Lee, D.H., 2016, Development of Hydraulic Rock Splitting Technique for Rock Excavation, The Journal of Engineering Geology, 26(3), 353-360 (in Korean with English abstract). https://doi.org/10.9720/kseg.2016.3.353
- Yim, S.B. and Seo, Y.S., 2009, A new method for the analysis of measured displacements during tunnelling using control charts, The Journal of Engineering Geology, 19(3), 261-268 (in Korean with English abstract).