- Volume 27 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
A Database to Estimate TBM Manufacturing Specifications and Its Statistical Analysis
TBM 제작 사양을 추정하기 위한 데이터베이스의 구축과 통계분석
- Chang, Soo-Ho ;
- Park, Byungkwan ;
- Lee, Chulho ;
- Kang, Tae-Ho ;
- Bae, Gyu-Jin ;
- Choi, Soon-Wook (Korea Institute of Civil Engineering and Building Technology)
- 장수호 (한국건설기술연구원 지반연구소) ;
- 박병관 (과학기술연합대학원대학교(UST) 지반신공간공학 전공) ;
- 이철호 (한국건설기술연구원 지반연구소) ;
- 강태호 (한국건설기술연구원 지반연구소) ;
- 배규진 (한국건설기술연구원 지반연구소) ;
- Received : 2017.09.28
- Accepted : 2017.10.23
- Published : 2017.10.31
Generally, TBM specifications have been empirically designed by the know-hows of its manufacturers. Since they govern the excavation performance and the cost of TBMs, it is very crucial to reliably determine them in the design stage of TBMs. In this study, a database consisting of TBM data collected from a various kinds of TBM tunnel projects was built to propose the statistical correlations for estimating TBM main specifications. From the statistical analyses, TBM outer diameters are found to have a strong effect on the TBM specifications such as thrust, torque and cutterhead driving power, which are much more important than TBM types and ground conditions.
Grant : TBM 운전.제어 시스템 및 커터헤드의 최적화 설계기술 개발
Supported by : 국토교통과학기술진흥원
- Acaroglu, O., 2011, Prediction of thrust and torque requirements of TBMs with fuzzy logic models, Tunnelling and Underground Space Technology, 26, 267-275. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tust.2010.10.001
- Avunduk, E. and H. Copur, 2018, Empirical modeling for predicting excavation performance of EPB TBM based on soil properties, Tunnelling and Underground Space Technology, 71, 340-353. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tust.2017.09.016
- Chang, S.-H., Choi, S.-W., Lee, G.-P. and G.-J. Bae, 2011b, Rock TBM design model derived from the multi-variate regression analysis of TBM driving data, Journal of Korean Tunnelling and Underground Space Association, 13, 531-555.
- Chang, S.-H., Lee, G.-P., Choi, S.-W. and G.-J. Bae, 2011a, State of the Art of Segment Lining in Shield Tunnel and Statistical Analysis of Its Key Design Parameters, Tunnel & Underground Space, 21, 427-438.
- Cho, J.-W., Jeon, S., Jeong, H.-Y. and S.-H. Chang, 2013, Evaluation of cutting efficiency during TBM disc cutter excavation within a Korean granitic rock using linear-cutting-machine testing and photogrammetric measurement, Tunnelling and Underground Space Technology, 35, 37-54. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tust.2012.08.006
- Copur, H., Aydin, H., Bilgin, N., Balci, C., Tumac, D. and C. Dayanc, 2014, Predicting performance of EPB TBMs by using a stochastic model implemented into a deterministic model, Tunnelling and Underground Space Technology, 42, 1-14. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tust.2014.01.006
- Geng, Q., Wei, Z., Meng, H and F.J. Macias, 2016, Mechanical performance of TBM cutterhead in mixed rock ground conditions, Tunnelling and Underground Space Technology, 57, 76-84. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tust.2016.02.012
- Gertsch, R., Gertsch, L. and J. Rostami, 2007, Disc cutting tests in Colorado Red Granite: Implications for TBM performance prediction, International Journal of Rock Mechanics and Mining Sciences, 44, 238-246. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijrmms.2006.07.007
- Gonzalez, C., Arroyo, M. and A. Gens, 2016, Thrust and torque components on mixed-face EPB drives, Tunnelling and Underground Space Technology, 57, 47-54. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tust.2016.01.037
- Howarth, D.F., 1994, Database of TBM projects undertaken between 1950 and 1990 and an assessment of associated ground-strength limitations, Tunnelling and Underground Space Technology, 9, 209-213. https://doi.org/10.1016/0886-7798(94)90032-9
- KICT (Korea Institute of Civil Engineering and Building Technology), 2015, Development of optimized TBM cutterhead design method and high-performance disc cutter, Final Report, ISBN 979-11-954377-2-6.
- Park, Y.-T., Choi, S.-W., Park, J.-H., Lee, C. and S.-H. Chang, Excavation Mechanism of Roadheader and Statistical Analysis of its Key Design Parameters Based on Database, Tunnel & Underground Space, 23, 428-441. https://doi.org/10.7474/TUS.2013.23.5.428
- Rostami, J. and L. Ozdemir, 1993, A New Model for Performance Prediction of Hard Rock TBMs, Proc. of Rapid Excavation and Tunneling Conference(RETC), Boston, USA, 793-809.
- Salimi, A., Rostami, J., Moormann, C. and A. Delisio, 2016, Application of non-linear regression analysis and artificial intelligence algorithms for performance prediction of hard rock TBMs, Tunnelling and Underground Space Technology, 58, 236-246. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tust.2016.05.009
- Shahriar, K., Sharifzadeh, M. and J.K. Hamidi, 2008, Geotechnical risk assessment based approach for rock TBM selection in difficult ground conditions, Tunnelling and Underground Space Technology, 23, 318-325. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tust.2007.06.012
- Wittke, W., 2007, Stability Analysis and Design for Mechanized Tunneling, WBI-Print 6, WBI GmbH, Aachen, Germany.
- Yagiz, S. and H. Karahan, 2015, Application of various optimization techniques and comparison of their performances for predicting TBM penetration rate in rock mass, International Journal of Rock Mechanics and Mining Sciences, 80, 308-315. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijrmms.2015.09.019