- Volume 27 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Influence of Design Parameters of Grout Injection in Rock Mass using Numerical Analysis
암반 그라우팅 주입 설계변수가 주입성능에 미치는 영향의 수치해석적 평가
- Lee, Jong Won ;
- Kim, Hyung Mok (Department of Energy & Mineral Resources Engineering, Sejong University) ;
- Yazdani, Mahmoud (Tarbiat Modares University) ;
- Park, Eui-Seob
- Received : 2017.10.13
- Accepted : 2017.10.19
- Published : 2017.10.31
In this paper, a numerical analysis of one-dimensional viscous fluid flow in a rock joint using UDEC code is performed to evaluate the effect of design parameters on injection performance. We consider injection pressure, fluid compressibility, time dependence of yield strength and viscosity of injected grout fluid, and mechanical deformation of joint as the design parameters, and penetration length and flow rate of injection are investigated as the injection performance. Numerical estimations of penetration length and flow rate were compared to analytical solution and were well comparable with each other. We showed that cumulative injection volume can be over-estimated by 1.2 times than the case that the time-dependent viscosity evolution is not considered. We also carried out a coupled fluid flow and mechanical deformation analysis and demonstrated that injection-induced joint opening may result in the increment of cumulative volume by 4.4 times of that from the flow only analysis in which joint aperture is kept constant.
Viscous fluid flow;Grouting;UDEC;Injection performance;Penetration length;Injection rate
Grant : 시추공 기반 심지층 특성규명 InDEPTH 요소기술 개발
Supported by : 한국지질자원연구원, 한국연구재단
- Aoki, K., Mito, Y., Nakamura, Y., Inoue, Y., 2006, Application of dynamic injection technique for lowpermeable rock mass, 35th Symposium of Rock Mechanics 2006, JSCE, 243-248.
- Eriksson, M., Stile, H., Andersson, J., 2000, Numerical calculations for prediction of grout spread with accout for filtration and varying aperture, Tunnelling and Underground Space Technology, Vol. 15(4), 353-364. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0886-7798(01)00004-9
- Hassler, L., 1991, Grouting of Rock: Simulation and classification, Ph.D. Thesis, Division of Soil and Rock Mechanics, Royal Institute of Technology.
- Itasca, 2014, Universal distinct element code, UDEC Version 6 User's Guide, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA.
- Jeon, K. H., Ryu, D. W., Kim, H. M., Park, E. S. and Song, J. J., 2010, Numerical analysis of grout flow and injection pressure affected by joint roughness and aperture, Tunnel and Underground Space, Vol. 20(2), 82-91.
- Kobayashi, S., Stille, H., 2007, Design for rock grouting based on analysis of grout penetration analysis, SKB Report R-07-13.
- Lee, J.W., 2017, Performance analysis on the design parameters of viscous fluid penetration in rock joint, Ms.C. Thesis, Sejong University, Seoul, Korea.
- Lee, B. Y., Jeon, S. W., Kim, T. H., Cho, J. W., Kim, K. I., Kim, T. H., Kim, S. L., 2009, A Study on the Determination of Grout Injection Volume according to the Angle of Mine Cavity, Tunnel and Underground Space, Vol. 19(2), 107-122.
- Lombardi, G., Deere, D., 1993, Grouting Design and Control Using the GIN Principle, International Water Power and Dam Construction, Vol. 45(6), 15-22.
- Mutoh, K., Kikuchi, K., Hirano. I., Mito, Y., 1999, Experimental study on grouting mechanism in jointed rock masses using transparent tubes, Journal of Japan Society of Dam Engineers, Vol. 9(1), 29-38.
- Rafi, J. Y., 2014, Study of pumping pressure and stop criteria in grouting of rock fractures, Ph.D, Dissertation, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden.
- Rafi, J. Y., Stille, H., 2014, Control of rock jacking considering spread of grout and grouting pressure, Tunnelling and Underground Space Technology, Vol. 40, 1-15. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tust.2013.09.005
- Ryu, S. H., Sagong, M., 2014, Study on the Estimation of Pressure loss Coefficient of Grout Flow according to the JRC using CFD, Proceedings of the Korean Society for Railway, 1501-1506.
- Stille, H., 2012, Rock grouting in tunnel constructionmodels and design, ISRM International Symposium-EUROCK 2012, International Society for Rock Mechanics.