- Volume 17 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
A Study on Scarf Design Using Eco Printing -Focused on the Researcher's Works-
에코 프린팅(Eco Printing)을 활용한 스카프디자인 연구 -연구자의 작품을 중심으로-
- Received : 2017.07.12
- Accepted : 2017.11.16
- Published : 2017.11.28
This paper aimed to find out the eco-friendly approach enabling to directly print patterns and dye colors on fabrics using leaves of plants. In the research process, I found out the 'eco-printing' which could effectively express unique colors and patterns of plants. While eco-printing can design the patterns and colors of plants in nature using the leaves of plant(Eucalyptus), it is difficult to implement because it is not systematically and academically investigated including the dictionary definition in Korea until now. Thus, I tried to define the eco-printing and natural dyeing using leaves or flowers of plants enabling to get natural patterns and colors and do the experimental research and production using the leaves of Eucalyptus. The leaves of Eucalyptus were arranged on a wool scarf and a silk scarf, tied and applied pressure to them and made pigments penetrate into fabrics by heating or steaming them. This approach is to directly print the patterns using the shapes of plants on fabrics unlike the existing approaches dyeing by extracting dyeing solution from natural materials. Furthermore, the change of colors was attempted by using the color fixers. In accordance with the results of this experimental research, the scarf design differentiated from the existing products could be acquired. It was identified that eco-printing could induce the color variables depending on the conditions of each material and environment. For improving the color variables, various kinds of fabrics and divers kinds of materials which can be easily acquired in a daily life will be investigated and compared. Furthermore, it is expected that the experimental research and production techniques on eco-printing be utilized when starting natural dyeing and the scope of natural dyeing be more expanded.
Eco-Printing;Eucalyptus;Dyeing;Printing of Leaves;Embossing Technique;Natural Dyeing
- 이종남, 우리가 정말 알아야할 천연염색, 현암사, p.16, 2004.
- India Fint, Eco colour:botanical dyes for beautiful textiles, Interweave, pp.120-130, 2008.
- Gravity Wiki, 2017.5.25.
- 김경구, 꽃의 형상화에 의하 스카프 디자인 연구, 이화여자대학교 디자인 대학원, 석사학위논문, 2001.
- 김소민, 유칼립투스를 모티브로한 도자화기연구, 국민대학교, 석사학위논문, p.3, 2015.
- 허브도감, 교학사, 2006.1.5.
- 조경래, 천염염료.염색사전, 아취헌, p.404, 2009.
- India Fint, Eco colour, Murdoch book, p.124, 2008.
- 사이언스올과학백과, 한국과학창의재단, http//www.scienceall.com, 2017.6.9.
- 전동림, 섬유염색, 색깔사랑, p.55, 1999.
- 철학사전, 중원문화, 2009.
- 두산백과, 동아출판사, 2017.6.5.
- 허북구, 김선호, 김윤희, 박윤점, 임명희, 장흥기, 신비한 꽃염색 천연염색 쉽게 배우기, 중앙생활사, p.22, 2007.
- India Fint, Eco colur:botanical dyes for beautiful textiles, Interweave, p.100, 2008.
- 조경래, 천염염료.염색사전, 아취헌, p.61, 2009.
- 패션 전문자료사전, 민중서관, 1997.8.25.
- 두산백과, 화학대사전, 위키백과, 2017.6.18.
- 박영선, "천연염색을 이용한 제품 디자인 개발," 복식문화연구, 제21권, 제3호, pp.394-400, 2013.
- 허북구, 김선호, 김윤희, 박윤점, 임명희, 장흥기, 신비한 꽃염색 천연염색 쉽게 배우기, 중앙생활사, p.55, 2007.
- "데칼코마니와 마블링," EBS동영상, 2011.1.14.
- 허북구, 김선호, 김윤희, 박윤점, 임명희, 장흥기, 신비한 꽃염색 천연염색 쉽게 배우기, 중앙생활사, p.98, 2007.