- Volume 17 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Railway Access Alarm System Using Infrared Distance Sensor and Wireless Communication
적외선 센서와 무선통신을 이용한 열차접근경보시스템 개발
- Received : 2017.08.02
- Accepted : 2017.09.01
- Published : 2017.11.28
Safety accidents in railway work continue to increase every year; Engineer's negligence, trackside worker's sensory deprivation and signalman's mistake are the main reasons of such incidents. We consider this problem by far the most urgent matter in railway work because of its steady increase and risk of taking a person's life. Based on that account, a new alarm system has developed, that is called Railway Access Alarm System, to allow railway workers to sense the access of trains with not only vision, but also hearing. The detector device of this system is installed on both sides of the track locating 1.5km from the workplace. When the train enters the place, the detector device can sense the entering, sending the detect sign of train to the alarm unit, then the alarm unit warns the workers by the LED lighting and sirens. This system has several advantages compared to previous systems. First, it recognizes the train at a long distance. Secondly, there is no need for wiring work since it is a wireless system. At last, the system works by rechargeable batteries and solar charger so that it is installed in the work places where there is no external power supply. Moreover, it is proven that the system is 100% reliable by the successful on-the spot inspection evaluating the capability.
Warning Device;Worker Safety;Work Accidents at Railway;Railway Access Alarm System
- 교통안전공단, 철도사고 분석보고서, 연구보고서, 2014.
- 관상록, 박찬우, 왕종배, "종사자의 직무사고 현황 분석에 관한 연구," 한국철도학회 논문집, 제16권, 제2호, pp.122-128, 20013.
- 황종규, 조현정, "철도 선로변 유지보수 작업자 및 모터카 안전을 위한 양방향 안전설비 동작 메커니즘 연구," 대한전기학회 논문지, 제59권, 제4호, pp.384-389, 2010.
- 황종규, 조현정, 윤용기, 김용규, 장영준, 고영환, "선로변 작업자 철도교통 사상사고 예방을 위한 안전설비 개발," 한국철도학회 논문집, 제12권, 제5호, pp.738-743, 2009.
- 심재복, 온정근, 권기진, 이강원, "GPS와 RF 방식의 열차접근경보장치에 의한 철도 안전 시스템 구축에 대한 연구," 한국철도학회 학술발표대회 논문집, pp.245-250, 2004.
- A. Nieto, S. Miller, and R. Miller, "GPS proximity warning system for at-rest large mobile equipment," Int. J. Surf. Min. Reclam. and Environ., Vol.19, pp.75-84, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1080/13895260500045183
- T. Ruff, Recommendations for Evaluating and Implementing Proximity Warning Systems on Surface Mining Equipment, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Public Health Service, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, Spokane Research Laboratory:Spokane, WA, USA, 2007.
- T. Ruff, "Evaluation of a radar-based proximity warning system for off-highway dump trucks," Accid. Anal.Prev., Vol.38, pp.92-98, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aap.2005.07.006
- J. Teizer, B. S. Allread, C. E. Fullerton, and J. Hinze, "Autonomous pro-active real-time construction worker and equipment operator proximity safety alert system," Autom. Constr., Vol.19, pp.630-640, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.autcon.2010.02.009
- 한국산업안전공단, 철도작업 요소별 안전관리모델 개발, 연구보고서, 2004.