- Volume 18 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Auditory-Perceptual and Acoustic Assessment in Measuring Dysphonia Severity of Vocal Fold Nodules
성대결절 환자의 음성장애에 대한 청지각적 및 음향학적 평가
- Received : 2017.10.11
- Accepted : 2017.11.15
- Published : 2018.01.28
The purpose of this study was to investigate the relationship between the differences in the acoustic measurements (AVQI) and the auditory-perceptual assessments (GRBAS, CAPE-V) of the normal and vocal fold nodules. For this purpose, Total 335 voice samples were analyzed acoustically and three raters performed auditory-perceptual assessments. in the results, AVQI, G, and OS scores of the normal group were lower than those of the vocal fold nodules group. The correlations between the G scale and the OS scale were highly correlated, and the correlation between the AVQI, and auditory-perceptual results (G and OS) was also high value. The threshold values for discriminating AVQI, G, and OS between the two groups were
Vocal Fold Nodules;GRBAS;CAPE-V;Praat
- K. Verdolini-Marston, M. Sandage, and I. R. Titze, "Effect of hydration treatments on laryngeal nodules and polyps and related voice measures," Journal of Voice, Vol.8, No.1, pp.30-47, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0892-1997(05)80317-0
- 권순복, 김용주, 조철우, 전계록, 이병주, 왕수건, "성대결절 환자에서 액센트 치료법의 효과," 음성과학, 제8권, 제4호, pp.87-98, 2001.
- 김성태, 정옥란, "다중음성치료기법 (SK-MVTT)이 성대결절 환자의 음성개선에 미치는 효과: 액센트 기법과의 비교 연구," 음성과학, 제11권, 제4호, pp.101-120, 2004.
- 이옥분, 김소연, "음성장애 청지각적 평가를 위한 등간척도법 비교," 언어치료연구, 제18권, pp.1-15, 2009.
- 이명순, 신혜정, "모음과 연속 구어에 대한 청지각평가와 음향학적 분석에 대한 비교," 언어치료연구, 제19권, pp.17-37, 2010.
- M. Hirano, "Psyco-acoustic evaluation of voice," Clinical Examination of Voice: Disorders of Human Communication, pp.81-84, 1981.
- S. N. Awan, N. Roy, M. E. Jett, G. S. Meltzner, and R. E. Hillman, "Quantifying dysphonia severity using a spectral / cepstral-based acoustic index: Comparisons with auditoryperceptual judgements from the CAPE-V," Clinical Linguistics & Phonetics, Vol.24, pp.742-758, 2010. https://doi.org/10.3109/02699206.2010.492446
- P. Carding, E. Carlson, R. Epstein, L. Mathieson, and C. Shewell, "Formal perceptual evaluation of voice quality in the United Kingdom," Logopedics Phoniatrics Vocology, Vol.25, No.3, pp.133-138, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1080/14015430050175860
- S. N. Awan and L. L. Lawson, "The effect of anchor modality on the reliability of vocal severity ratings," Journal of Voice, Vol.23, No.3, pp.341-352, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvoice.2007.10.006
- B. Barsties, M. Beers, L. Ten Cate, K. Van Ballegooijen, L. Braam, M. De Groot, M. Van Der Kant, C. Kruitwagen, and Y. Maryn, "The effect of visual feedback and training in auditory-perceptual judgment of voice quality," Logopedics Phoniatrics Vocology, Vol.42, No.1, pp.1-8, 2017. https://doi.org/10.3109/14015439.2015.1091036
- Y. Maryn, P. Corthals, P. Van Cauwenberge, N. Roy, and M. De Bodt, "Toward improved ecological validity in the acoustic measurement of overall voice quality: Combining continuous speech and sustained vowels," Journal of Voice, Vol.24, No.5, pp.540-555, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvoice.2008.12.014
- Y. Maryn, M. De Bodt, and N. Roy, "The Acoustic Voice Quality Index: toward improved treatment outcomes assessment in voice disorders," Journal of Communication Disorders, Vol.43, No.3, pp.161-174, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcomdis.2009.12.004
- B. Barsties and Y. Maryn, "Der Acoustic Voice Quality Index in Deutsch," HNO, Vol.60, No.8, pp.715-720, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00106-012-2499-9
- Y. Maryn, M. De Bodt, B. Barsties, and N. Roy, "The value of the Acoustic Voice Quality Index as a measure of dysphonia severity in subjects speaking different languages," European Archives of Oto-Rhino-Laryngology, Vol.271, No.6, pp.1609-1619, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00405-013-2730-7
- E. Kankare, B. Barsties, Y. Maryn, I. Ilomäki, A. Laukkanen, J. Tyrmi, L. Rantala, M. Asikainen, E. Rorarius, and M. Siirila, "A preliminary study of the Acoustic Voice Quality Index in Finnish speaking population," PEVOC - Pan-European Voice Conference, p.218, 2015.
- K. Hosokawa, B. Barsties, T. Iwahashi, M. Iwahashi, C. Kato, S. Iwaki, H. Sasai, A. Miyauchi, N. Matsushiro, and H. Inohara, "Validation of the acoustic voice quality index in the Japanese language," Journal of Voice, Vol.31, No.2, pp.260.e1-260.e9, 2017. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvoice.2016.05.010
- Y. Maryn, H. Kim, and J. Kim, "Auditory-perceptual and acoustic methods in measuring dysphonia severity of Korean speech," Journal of Voice, Vol.30, No.5, pp.587-594, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvoice.2015.06.011
- D. R. Ingrisano, C. K. Perry, and K. R. Jepson, "Environmental noise: a threat to automatic voice analysis," American Journal of Speech-Language Pathology, Vol.7, No.1, pp.91-96, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1044/1058-0360.0701.91
- D. D. Deliyski, H. S. Shaw, and M. K. Evans, "Adverse effects of environmental noise on acoustic voice quality measurements," Journal of Voice, Vol.19, No.1, pp.15-28, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvoice.2004.07.003
- Y. Maryn and D. Weenink, "Objective Dysphonia Measures in the Program Praat: Smoothed Cepstral Peak Prominence and Acoustic Voice Quality Index," Journal of Voice, Vol.29, No.1, pp.35-43, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvoice.2014.06.015
- F. L. Wuyts, M. S. De Bodt, and P. H. Van de Heyning, "Is the reliability of a visual analog scale higher than an ordinal scale? An experiment with the GRBAS scale for the perceptual evaluation of dysphonia," Journal of Voice, Vol.13, No.4, pp.508-517, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0892-1997(99)80006-X
- M. P. Karnell, S. D. Melton, J. M. Childes, T. C. Coleman, S. A. Dailey, and H. T. Hoffman, "Reliability of clinician-based (GRBAS and CAPE-V) and patient-based (V-RQOL and IPVI) documentation of voice disorders," Journal of Voice, Vol.21, No.5, pp.576-590, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvoice.2006.05.001
- K. Nemr, M. Simoes-Zenari, G. F. Cordeiro, D. Tsuji, A. I. Ogawa, M. T. Ubrig, and M. H. M. Menezes, "GRBAS and Cape-V scales: high reliability and consensus when applied at different times," Journal of Voice, Vol.26, No.6, pp.812.e17-812.e22, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvoice.2012.03.005
- V. Uloza, T. Petrauskas, E. Padervinskis, N. Ulozaitė, B. Barsties, and Y. Maryn, "Validation of the acoustic voice quality index in the Lithuanian language," Journal of Voice, Vol.31, No.2, pp.257.e1-257.e11, 2017. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvoice.2016.06.002
- 김정완, "뇌졸중 환자의 말, 언어장애 선별에 대한 검사자간 신뢰도 및 훈련효과," 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제11권, 제9호, pp.407-413, 2011. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2011.11.9.407
- V. Reynolds, A. Buckland, J. Bailey, J. Lipscombe, E. Nathan, S. Vijayasekaran, R. Kelly, Y. Maryn, and N. French, "Objective assessment of pediatric voice disorders with the acoustic voice quality index," Journal of Voice, Vol.26, No.5, pp.672.e1-672.e7, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvoice.2012.02.002
- B. Barsties and Y. Maryn, "External validation of the Acoustic Voice Quality Index version 03.01 with extended representativity," Annals of Otology, Rhinology & Laryngology, Vol.125, No.7, pp.571-583, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1177/0003489416636131
- L. Eskenazi, D. G. Childers, and D. M. Hicks, "Acoustic correlates of vocal quality," Journal of Speech, Language, and Hearing Research, Vol.33, No.2, pp.298-306, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1044/jshr.3302.298
- S. N. Awan, N. Roy, and C. Dromey, "Estimating dysphonia severity in continuous speech: application of a multi-parameter spectral/cepstral model," Clinical Linguistics & Phonetics, Vol.23, No.11, pp.825-841, 2009. https://doi.org/10.3109/02699200903242988
- S. Y. Lowell, R. H. Colton, R. T. Kelley, and Y. C. Hahn, "Spectral- and cepstral-based measures during continuous speech: capacity to distinguish dysphonia and consistency within a speaker," Journal of Voice, Vol.25, No.5, pp.e223-232, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvoice.2009.08.006
- S. N. Awan, N. Roy, and S. M. Cohen, "Exploring the relationship between spectral and cepstral measures of voice and the Voice Handicap Index (VHI)," Journal of Voice, Vol.28, No.4, pp.430-439, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvoice.2013.12.008
- 최예린, "한국 남성의 단모음 [아, 에, 이, 오, 우]에 대한 음향음성학적 기반연구," 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제10권, 제6호 pp.373-377, 2010. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2010.10.6.373