- Volume 28 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
개방적 내고정술을 시행한 발목 골절환자 2례에 대한 수술 후 한의 재활치료: 증례보고 및 5개월 추적관찰
Postoperative Rehabilitation of Korean Medicine for Ankle Fractures Treated by Open Reduction with Internal Fixation: 2 Case Reports with 5 Months Follow-Up
- Kwon, Min-Goo (Chung-Yeon Korean Medical Hospital, Chung-Yeon Medical Institute) ;
- Jo, Hee-Geun (Chung-Yeon Korean Medical Hospital, Chung-Yeon Medical Institute) ;
- Park, Hye-Rin (Chung-Yeon Korean Medical Hospital, Chung-Yeon Medical Institute) ;
- Sul, Jae-Uk (Chung-Yeon Korean Medical Hospital, Chung-Yeon Medical Institute)
- 투고 : 2017.11.06
- 심사 : 2017.12.06
- 발행 : 2018.01.31
The purpose of this study is to report the effect of Korean medicine rehabilitation therapies in two patients with ankle fractures who underwent Open Reduction with Internal Fixation (ORIF). Two patients with fractures who received ORIF received acupuncture, electroacupuncture, herbal medicine, and physical therapy during hospitalization. Patients were evaluated for AOFAS score, NRS, ROM, and ankle circumference. Case 1 was improved from 30 points to 62 points on the AOFAS score, from 8 to 2 on the NRS, and from 33 cm to 30 cm on the ankle perimeter. ROM was improved in all directions. Case 2 showed an AOFAS score of 64 to 90 points, frome 5 to 2 on the NRS, and from 25 cm to 23.5 cm on the ankle perimeter. ROM was improved in all directions. The results of this study suggest that the treatment of Korean medicine has a meaningful effect on improvement and rehabilitation of ankle fracture patients who have received ORIF.
연구 과제 주관 기관 : 청연의학연구소
- Kannus P, Palvanen M, Niemi S, Parkkari J, Jrvinen M. Increasing number and incidence of low-trauma ankle fractures in elderly people: Finnish statistics during 1970- 2000 and projections for the future. Bone. 2002;31(3): 430-3. https://doi.org/10.1016/S8756-3282(02)00832-3
- McPhail SM, Dunstan J, Canning J, Haines TP. Life impact of ankle fractures: qualitative analysis of patient and clinician experiences. BMC Musculoskelet Disord. 2012; 13:224. https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-2474-13-224
- Donken CC, Al-Khateeb H, Verhofstad MH, van Laarhoven CJHM. Surgical versus conservative interventions for treating ankle fractures in adults. The Cochrane database of systematic reviews. 2012;(8).
- Slobogean GP, Marra CA, Sadatsafavi M, Sanders DW. Is surgical fixation for stress-positive unstable ankle fractures cost effective? Results of a multicenter randomized control trial. Journal of orthopaedic trauma. 2012;26(11): 652-8. https://doi.org/10.1097/BOT.0b013e31824aec42
- Chou LB, Lee DC. Current concept review: perioperative soft tissue management for foot and ankle fractures. Foot Ankle Int. 2009;30(1):84-90. https://doi.org/10.3113/FAI.2009.0084
- Lin CW, Donkers NA, Refshauge KM, Beckenkamp PR, Khera K, Moseley AM. Rehabilitation for ankle fractures in adults. Cochrane Library. 2012;11:CD005595.
- Mukwaya E, Xu F, Wong MS, Zhang Y. Chinese herbal medicine for bone health. Pharmaceutical biology. 2014;52(9):1223-8. https://doi.org/10.3109/13880209.2014.884606
- Liao HH, Yeh CC, Lin CC, Chen BC, Yeh MH, Chang KM, Sun MF, Yen HR. Prescription patterns of Chinese herbal products for patients with fractures in Taiwan: A nationwide population-based study. J Ethnopharmacol. 2015;173:11-9. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jep.2015.07.014
- Bica D, Sprouse RA, Armen J. Diagnosis and Management of Common Foot Fractures. American family physician. 2016;93(3):183-91.
- Yavuz U, Sokucu S, Demir B, ozer D, ozcan C, Kabukcuoglu YS. Isolated subtalar fusion for neglected painful intra-articular calcaneal fractures. Acta Orthop Traumatol Turc. 2014;48(5):541-5. https://doi.org/10.3944/AOTT.2014.13.0144
- Miller AG, Margules A, Raikin SM. Risk factors for wound complications after ankle fracture surgery. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2012;94:2047-52. https://doi.org/10.2106/JBJS.K.01088
- Basques BA, Miller CP, Golinvaux NS, Bohl DD, Grauer JN. Morbidity and readmission after open reduction and internal fixation of ankle fractures are associated with preoperative patient characteristics. Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research. 2015;473(3):1133-9. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11999-014-4005-z
- Toolan BC, Quinones VJW, Cunningham BJ, Broge ME. An evaluation of the use of retrospectively acquired preoperative AOFAS clinical rating scores to assess surgical outcome after elective foot and ankle surgery. Foot Ankle Int. 2001;22:775-8. https://doi.org/10.1177/107110070102201002
- Pereira CDJ, Espinosa EG, Miranda I, Pereira MB, Canto RSDT. Evaluation of the surgical treatment of Lisfranc joint fracture-dislocation. Acta Ortopedica Brasileira. 2008;16(2):93-7. https://doi.org/10.1590/S1413-78522008000200006
- Usuelli FG, Maccario C, Manzi L, Gross CE. Clinical outcome and fusion rate following simultaneous subtalar fusion and total ankle arthroplasty. Foot & ankle international. 2016;37(7):696-702. https://doi.org/10.1177/1071100716642751
- McGarvey WC, Burris MW, Clanton TO, Melissinos EG. Calcaneal fractures: indirect reduction and external fixation. Foot & ankle international. 2006;27(7): 494-9. https://doi.org/10.1177/107110070602700703
- Ho HY, Chen CW, Li MC, Hsu YP, Kang SC, Liu EH, Lee KH. A novel and effective acupuncture modality as a complementary therapy to acute pain relief in inpatients with rib fractures. Biomedical journal. 2014; 37(3):147. https://doi.org/10.4103/2319-4170.117895
- Zhang R, Lao L, Ren K, Berman BM. Mechanisms of acupuncture-electroacupuncture on persistent pain. Anesthesiology: The Journal of the American Society of Anesthesiologists. 2014;120(2):482-503. https://doi.org/10.1097/ALN.0000000000000101
- Nakajima M, Inoue M, Hojo T, Inoue N, Tanaka K, Takatori R, Itoi M. Effect of electroacupuncture on the healing process of tibia fracture in a rat model: a randomised controlled trial. Acupuncture in Medicine. 2010; 28(3):140-3. https://doi.org/10.1136/aim.2009.001800
- Inoue M, Nakajima M, Hojo T, Itoi M, Kitakoji H. The effect of electroacupuncture on osteotomy gap healing in a rat fibula model. Acupuncture in Medicine. 2013; acupmed-2012.
- Shu H, Arita H, Hayashida M, Zhang L, An K, Huang W, Hanaoka K. Anti-hypersensitivity effects of Shujing- huo-xue-tang, a Chinese herbal medicine, in CCIneuropathic rats. Journal of ethnopharmacology. 2010; 131(2):464-70. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jep.2010.07.004